Stimhack League - Jinteki 4

I know this is said in jest, but I was under the impression that if you’re making an SHL game, you couldn’t refuse to play certain players. Or certain subsets of players, like ones with ratings far from your own. (Otherwise Dan and his fellow mtgs would never get to play a Corp game.)

If you’re the one joining the game, you can refuse to play them by not joining, though.

3 Likes

This is correct. More realistically scouting is pretty legal so just form a group of players that shares and compiles a list of tubs and ig players and play strike whizz against them.

If this ever got out of hand I’d put a kibosh to it, but scouting is legal and in theory being able to play multiple decks is part of shl

3 Likes

I don’t really enjoy playing against museum decks, but honestly, none of my bad museum games on Jinteki have been against SHL players anyways.

For me, playing in the SHL is to help me prepare and refine decks for other competitive tournaments that I want to do well in, and I won’t have a choice about museum decks in those formats.

1 Like

For me its that sense of win or lose its an hour of my life I’ll never get back :frowning:

4 Likes

I haven’t had that problem with SHL games, but regular Jinteki I refuse to play against players with museums.

1 Like

I;m in for this one

I’m heading on vacation so I’m going to be largely out of contact for a week or so.

@miek is handling any disputes.

If an MWL update happens it will be SHL legal as soon as deck checking for it is implemented on jinteki.

Once I come back I’m going to do weekly top 10 deck breakdowns again.

1 Like

Reminder that new mwl and errata will be the shl rules as soon as deck checking is implemented on jinteki. I look forward to shl becoming a high level testing ground for our new meta.

Starting a week after the first day it’s legal I’ll give weekly updates on what decks are at the top.

6 Likes

" The new card errata announced by FFG will go live on or soon after July 18th. The new Most Wanted List will go live on August 1st. For details, see FFG’s news item." (jinteki.net announcement)
So it looks like MWL 2.0 is gonna hit the league only for its 3 last days…

I put that up because A) it matches the effective dates as specified by FFG and B) the organizers of the SSCI running this weekend explicitly said they don’t want the new MWL and errata to be in force.

Undoubtedly a lot of people want to be using the try the game under the new deckbuilding regime immediately, but it’s just easiest to hold off for a little bit. It’s not really practical to build logic to support the existing and new MWLs for the ~2 weeks until the change.

2 Likes

So no MWL2 and errata for the league? This is a big let down, I intended to play a lot of SHL in the upcoming 2 weeks. I’m not motivated to grind out the “past meta”…

2 Likes

My understanding is that new mwl will roll out shortly on jinteki. If it doesn’t do so in a few days I’ll reconsider my decision.

I recall some announcement that the new MWL will apply from the official date. I’d be a fan of playing according to the new rules sooner. SHL is the best testing ground for fine-tuning decks.

3 Likes

Errata is in right now; Jinteki is following the dates listed on the documents.

Okay, jinteki is following the new mwl, so shl is officially using it as well.

I’ll make a post next week of what the top 10 players are using.

6 Likes

Apologies for the delay, I’ve been busy with gencon stuff. @Matuszczak @bblum @shmeguy @thearete are our top 4! I’ll send a message to figure out top 4 scheduling today or tomorrow.

4 Likes

Stimhack league finals are going to be broadcast this Saturday at 11 AM (Eastern, GMT -4) by a top notch international case. Ben Ni (@beyoken) Dien Tran (@d1en) and Netjogging (@Netjogging) will be our hosts, and @Matuszczak @bblum @shmeguy @thearete will be our contestants. MWL Compliant and with cards up through Blood Money.

Tune in to Twitch to enjoy!

2 Likes