Stimhack Online Cache Refresh 7 starts August 5

Stimhack Online Cache Refresh 7 will begin Sunday, August 5.

How will the tournament work?
This will be an online version of a regular FFG tournament with 4-6 weeks of Swiss pairings followed by a single elimination top cut. The number of Swiss rounds and the size of the top cut will be decided by regular FFG tournament guidelines for relaxed events. The top cut will be played in a best 2-of-3 games format.

Each Sunday night starting August 5, the tournament organizer will post pairings. Players will need to arrange games during the week and report results by the following Sunday. In other words, you will play one game per week.

Scoring will be standard with 3 points for a win. Players may not ID or two-for-one.

Did You Say Prize Support?
No, but there will be. @Sanjay will make custom alt-arts for the winner of the top cut and for the top finisher in the Swiss rounds. Many thanks to Sanjay for his tireless support of SOCR.

Did You Say Even More Prize Support?
Well, no, again, but here is even more good news. The folks at Burger Tokens are offering a free set of their tokens to the winner of SOCR7. Thanks to them for their support. Please check out their web site to see their fine products.

Policy Regarding Scheduling Conflicts
Pairings will be posted before midnight Eastern Time each week. Players should contact each other on Sunday or Monday to arrange a time to play before the reporting deadline. (Remember, you will both Corp and Run.) If a player does not respond to initial attempts to contact within 24 hours, they will forfeit the games for the week. (I’ll need documentation of attempts to contact.)

If players cannot reach a mutually agreeable time to play despite sincere attempts on both ends, then I will enter the results as a 3-3 tie unless one player agrees to concede the match to the other.

If problems with Jinteki or other connection issues disrupt a game. Start over.

If problems with Jinteki or other connection issues prevent the conclusion of a match before the deadline, it will be entered as a 3-3 split unless one player concedes the match to the other.

Will we be using the Cache Refresh bidding system?
No.

Each week you will play both Corp and Runner.

How do I join?

To sign up, you will need a Slack account. That is the best way to arrange games. If you do not provide a Slack username, your entry will be invalid. If you do not have a Slack account, you can use this link.

The Slack channel for this tournament is #cache_refresh_tourney.

This tournament is also listed on Always Be Running, where you can register and later link your deck lists.

What are the deck building rules?
We will use standard Cache Refresh deck building rules. At the start of the tournament you will select an ID for each side (runner/Corp). The card pool for your decks come from the following:

1 Revised Core Set (Core Set 2.0)
1 Terminal Directive
1 Big Box (this may be different for Runner and Corp)
1 Copy of Reign & Reverie
All 6 Packs of the Kitara Cycle
MWL is in effect for deck building.

You may change the cards in your deck between weeks, but you cannot change your card pool. You must use the same big box for the whole tournament.

Cards are legal for the tournament when they hit their retail street date and are available on Jinteki.net.

Where can I post my match results?
Use this Google Form to report the results of you games. Only one player needs to submit match results each week.

How can I follow the tournament?
The pairings and standings can be found on the online tournament page.

You can find out when some matches are scheduled – and list your own – on this handy spreadsheet created by @osclate.

If you have any questions, please post here or over in the Slack channel.

Good luck and have fun.

4 Likes

Still lots of room for players

How many signed up so far?

Sorry I missed your post.

We have 19 signed up right now

So 1 core 2.0 means only 1 copy of stimhack allowed etc, or is it 3 of all cards?

I would assume 1 copy, why else specify “1 revised core set”?

Correct. 1 copy of cards that are 1 copy in Revised Core Box.

Could I sign up now and let you know what my IDs will be later? I haven’t done any deckbuilding with R&R in CR and NRDB is currently down.

Yes. No problem. I ask that you let me know by noon on Sunday, Aug. 5.

1 Like

Thanks, done! On a side note, interesting choice to have R&R replace Red Sands! Would have expected it to replace TD or something. It’s gonna be interesting, and playing without Clan Vengeance will be welcome! :slight_smile:

thank you for chiming in to call me stupid.

I’m sorry that you feel that way. It was not intended so.

1 Like

GREAT NEWS - SOCR 7 will have prize support.

Once again @Sanjay has agreed to provided some of his wonderful alt-art cards as prizes for SOCR. The winner of the top cut and the winner of the Swiss rounds will each receive custom-made cards from Sanjay.

4 Likes

Even more great news. The good folks at Burger Tokens are offering a free set of their tokens to the winner of SOCR7.

Thank you to the fine folks at Burger Tokens for the support!

4 Likes

The games are about to begin. Here are a couple of reminders:

1. Contact your opponent on Sunday or Monday each week. And please reply to any contact even if it is just to say, “I’ll need to get back with you tomorrow.” Especially in the beginning of the tournament it is frustrating to deal with players who do not schedule games or respond to opponents are have been eagerly waiting to play games.

2. Please be flexible in scheduling games. We have players from around the world in this event. Not everyone can play at times that will be convenient for you. Be a community and generous with each other is part of what makes SOCR a great meta. I appreciate that it can be hard to schedule games across 6 time zones or more. Please contact each other early to make this possible.

3. After your match one player (usually the winner) should report the results on the match reporting form.

4. If you have any problems, DM me on Slack.

Good luck and have fun!

Just to be clear. I checked pairings on the tournament page and couldn’t see anything under ‘swiss’ (yet?). Is the ‘player meeting’ thing the pairings, or should I just ignore that?

Ignore that. Pairings are not up yet. An announcement will be made in the slack channel when they are ready.

Pairings now up

http://cobr.ai/tournaments/394/rounds

2 Likes

Response to MWL

With the leak of the MWL, here are a few clarifications and an opportunity for players to respond to the new banned and restricted list.

The MWL will be observed in SOCR7 once it becomes official from FFG.

Since the changes might be drastic enough to cause people to want to change IDs, I am going to let people switch IDs prior to the start of week 2 if they wish. If a player chooses to stick with their initial choices, they will not be able to change later. I am not going to put any restrictions on why players change IDs. This is open to anyone, no matter what ID you started with.

EDIT: Players may also swap their big box if they make that choice by August. 12. You do not need to inform of the change as we use the honor system on the big box selections.

If you want to change ID, complete this form before 5 p.m. on Sunday, Aug. 12.

3 Likes

Was round 4 the last round?