"That's not a virtual resource" - The Apex Thread

Hello! At the KoS tournament there was an Apex at the top tables. Does anyone knows who is the player? I want to see his decklist :stuck_out_tongue:

It was @IirionClaus

1 Like

I talked to him at worlds and he told me he was running the Hyperdriver list that was posted earlier in this thread

1 Like

Here you go:

7 Likes

woah! many thanks, looks sick :stuck_out_tongue:

So I play tested my Apex deck last night with casual play. Won once and lost once, the loss was fairly close though. I’m trying out Cache/Scheherazade, as I can at least eat/chop the cache afterwards. With one Wasteland and Chopbot, I can draw for my apocs fairly quickly. Installing EH on Schezzy is kind of funny too.

It’s important to have my hand setup for the turn after I apoc. I’m really looking for a clonechip and another chopbot to get my engine going back again. Apex is definitely tricky.

Apex v4

Apex: Invasive Predator (Data and Destiny)

Event (17)
3x Apocalypse (Data and Destiny)
3x Dirty Laundry (Creation and Control)
2x Déjà Vu (Core Set) [color=#FF4500]••••[/color]
2x Infiltration (Core Set)
1x Levy AR Lab Access (Creation and Control) [color=#32CD32]•••[/color]
3x Prey (Data and Destiny)
3x Sure Gamble (Core Set)

Hardware (10)
3x Chop Bot 3000 (Order and Chaos) [color=#FF4500]•••[/color]
2x Clone Chip (Creation and Control) [color=#32CD32]••••[/color]
2x e3 Feedback Implants (Trace Amount) [color=#4169E1]••••[/color]
3x Heartbeat (Data and Destiny)

Resource (5)
2x Hunting Grounds (Data and Destiny)
3x Wasteland (Data and Destiny)

Icebreaker (5)
3x Endless Hunger (Data and Destiny)
2x Mimic (Core Set) [color=#FF4500]••[/color]

Program (8)
3x Cache (The Spaces Between) [color=#4169E1]•••[/color]
3x Harbinger (Data and Destiny)
2x Scheherazade (Second Thoughts) [color=#FF4500]••[/color]
25 influence spent (max 25)
45 cards (min 45)
Cards up to Data and Destiny

Deck built on NetrunnerDB.

As for what I’m going to change, I’m not sure. I feel dropping the E3 would be a bad idea, if the opponent is playing HB you can still play ‘normally’ by E3’ing bioroids. I think dropping the Levy too, unlike Shaper/Maxx you really don’t go through your deck fast enough to warrant it. Deja Vu feels too expensive as well, but it’s needed when you can’t draw your second apoc.

Thoughts?

Ok this deck is pretty amazing, but I hate that is uses Faust as they’re tied up in my other decks :frowning:

2 Likes

Something I’ve thought about is whether Apex could get some mileage out of his facedown cards with an Adam directive and Independent Thinking. The directives are virtual and Always Be Running has a nice fit with Apex’s difficulties running on ICE that doesn’t have an End the Run. Another option might be Safety First since you’ll almost always be down a card from the free installs and Heartbeat minimizes the danger of a 3 card hand. Drawing 10+ cards with a click the turn you Apocalypse to power Faust seems good, but you’ll need some way to get the clicks back which Hyperdriver seems to do nicely. I would also love to see Unscheduled Maintenance make its way in to a deck just for the extra middle finger of guaranteeing an open central after the apocalypse.

I tried Safety First, but it doesn’t work with Faust.

Unscheduled Maintenance is probably going a little too far down the jank road. =-p

3 Likes

Had someone at the FLGS testing out Apex last night. Installed Sacrificial Construct and then realized.

5 Likes

you’re missing tsurugi btw

Tsurugi has an ETR that can be broken with endless hunger, plus e3 if your running it, or just heartbeat. So thats why its not on the list. Its expensive, but trivial for Apex to pass. Also, its such low strength, you can prey it out of the way once you pass it.

erm, EH can’t break the end the run on Tsurugi… It’s not a straight ‘end the run’ it’s ‘end the run unless…’

9 Likes

ooooooooooooh no its not is it. Hmm, what do reckon then? As heartbeat still counters it, but youd be hard pressed to pass it to get prey to fire. Ill add to the list regardless, well spotted.

What’s your Architect solution? Whatever it is should apply equally well to Tsurugi, except you can also follow it up with a pretty cheap Prey to avoid having to break it repeatedly.

Faust XD

So six of one half a dozen of the other really, hopefully with prey in deck the corp wont want to waste 6c rezzing the damn thing.

Chances are with all the parasites around these days people have mostly left them at home. Faust might be a pretty ugly way through it but you shouldn’t be seeing many.

We had a player at our local group playing Apex this week with a really interesting splash - Rolodex. It helped him get his tools faster, could be used to trigger Wasteland on its own or fed to EH. He was on 3 Levy and played all of them in our game. It was cool to see a card I’ve never seen outside a binder be kind of effective in the Apex shell.

3 Likes

I’m currently playing with the influence splashed in: 3 faust, 3 clonechip, 2 e3, 3 crescentus, 3 day job and 3 QT
I changed the 2 hyperdriver for 2 e3… I want to get a decent list to go to a local tournament and apocalypse some tables :stuck_out_tongue:

So this deck has been getting traction on NRDB. I love DDoS/Siphon as much as the next person, but I genuinely don’t understand how this one is supposed to win games against anyone who double ices centrals.

2 Likes