The Anarch Cookbook: Chapter One

Excellent example of some of the things I’m writing about in part two, man. I’ll definitely link to this :slight_smile:

edit: I think I’d rather have a third Wyldside than a third Grimoire, but other than that, looks really solid.

1 Like

I wonder if you could have 1 Donut, 1 Aesop, 1 Hostage, and then throw in a Kati for one of the daily casts. Aesop get 2/3 as consistent, but then you have 2 Donut and/or 2 Katis in there if you’d like. (I just love Donut so much and you only have 3 events…)

3 Likes

Looks like a neat list. What do you do vs wraparound? It’s strength 7! I can’t see how big ice in general don’t just ruin your day. How do you drive this?!?!

1 Like

Yeah that’s pretty much the one I’ve been playing against. It’s a solid deck and Cache will turbo charge it something chronic.

1 Like

Yeah, 3 Wyld may be more important. MU are nice, though.

DONUT sounds goos, but now you’re just watering shit down.

I was asked about Wraparound. I’ve burned down Wotan, so one could do that. You have to be fluid like a water dancer. They put up a resistance, you move elsewhere. Mimic the Germans’ Blitzkriegs.

Thinking of splashes of different sorts… I’ve been running a Whizzard deck lately with Security Testing, Desperado, and Express Delivery, and it’s been going pretty well so far. Using those to apply additional pressure – Security Testing especially has done wonders. Do a run with Medium on a Tested R&D, get some of the money back, run again and see more cards anyway. Helps shut the corp down – might be as good/better with Reina, Whizzard’s more a local meta call, but I’m finding it pretty effective.

EDIT: It’s particularly effective because most of my breakers are the super-efficient Anarch ones, so Desperado – despite not having much MU – lets me recoup costs easily enough. I’d go for Spinal Modem if the drawback wasn’t so massive (and Desperado allows for the great Security Testing combo off an unguarded server, which works nicely with Lamprey, Medium, Nerve Agent, and Datasucker, too).

1 Like

Scherazade is better than sahasrara for noise.

4 Likes

The 2 INF kills, TBH. The econ is fueled by tons of viruses, going through Wyldside/Cyberfeeder/Scherazade/Aesop’s/Deja Vu/Clone Chip. That is the digestive tract. Clone Chip allows for faster recursion, and is more useful than Sahasrara, IMHO. Deck doesn’t need much money.

4 Likes

anyone who plays Gorman is cool in my book

News from the mill front.

Have tried the Pepper Mill deck against everything from NEBH to HBFA to JinPE/RP, and the results are … fun! It’s win rate is just under 50%, but the corps are all sweating. I’ve had every FA loss where I’m at 5-6 AP, and they’re at 10 cards or less. I bet they look over at their deck around turn 7 or so, and when they see it’s at 20ish card, they’re like, “Oh, sheeeeeeeeeee-it.” At least, I would be.

Cache will make this deck sing. Any slower deck (see: RP) does NOT like it’s chances. Imp is an All-Star. Lotus Field and Wraparound on Archives have straight up ruined my day. Perhaps it’s time to drop a Darwin (or 3) for Crypsis.

3 Likes

I love this idea. Here’s my take on it. Oracle May and Sahasrara economy, and once going, Scheherazade actually makes you money on virus’.

Noise: Hacker Extraordinaire (Core Set)

Event (6)
3x Déjà Vu (Core Set)
3x Hostage (Opening Moves) •• •• ••

Hardware (3)
3x Grimoire (Core Set)

Icebreaker (6)
3x Knight (Mala Tempora)
3x Crypsis (Core Set)

Program (24)
3x Datasucker (Core Set)
3x Medium (Core Set)
3x Parasite (Core Set)
3x Imp (What Lies Ahead)
3x Scheherazade (Second Thoughts)
3x Hemorrhage (Fear and Loathing)
3x Lamprey (Upstalk)
3x Sahasrara (Creation and Control) •• •• ••

Resource (6)
1x Armitage Codebusting (Core Set)
1x Kati Jones (Humanity’s Shadow)
1x Daily Casts (Creation and Control)
3x Oracle May (Honor and Profit) • • •

I really want to like the Fail Whale, I really do. But the list of Ice it’s good against is pretty small.
Chimera, Ice Wall*, Paper Wall, Quandry, shadow, caduceus, roto off the top of my head. Those ICE are mostly great parasite targets. The Jinteki low strength many sub ICE are a bit tragic. I think it can work in combination with knight and e3 implants. I like that it forces a clear every 4-5 turns or switches off their big, few sub ICE, but every time I’ve played with it I am disappointed. I think playing a corroder to switch off Wraparound is correct. Especially because then you have a corroder, which is a really good in faction card. One that most other factions are happy to spend 2 influence to get hold of.

*Ice Wall can be advanced, then it’s a problem.

Personally, I think there are three must-have components to make Darwin usable:

• Cyberfeeder
  • Surge
  • Ice Carver

e3, while nice, tend to be nowhere near as critical in my experience. Surge is especially necessary, in order to have at least some unpredictability. Also, Darwin without really really heavy Parasite recursion is problematic, to say the least.

1 Like

Darwin is a fail safe. The Suckers help him out. He’s a cheap Virus breaker, and the Feeders feed him. Honestly, I don’t often use him. Usually, if a Corp feels safe, and tries to push something through, I drop him, and, with Suckers, make a go.

Corroder and Knight are good options. Once the deck gets too watered down, though, it loses its punch. There’s no search. Drop the Darwin for one Crypsis, one Knight, one Corroder?

The card I would love to include, but I don’t think there is the spare influence, would be one Inside Job to get you that crucial archives run (not that you always need to run achieves, but it’s nice to know you can). Oracle May wouldn’t be terrible instead of Daily Casts either, but again, the influence.

Hemorrhage ought to be amazing in this deck, as it forces the corp to draw up to protect key in-hand card and actually get things done (plus pressurises Fast Advance, which I think is your biggest weakness) - thus accelerating their own demise. But do you make enough succesful runs to make it work (especially with Wyldside down)?

My final “probably not quite good enough” suggestion would be Same Old Thing for MOAR PARASITES.

2 Likes

The Econ is extremely tight, as are clicks. The difference between 1 and 3 for a virus in here is vast. Sounds ridiculous. I know.

1 Like

No, I agree. As evidence, the fact that it’s only since Lamprey was spoiled that it’s become viable. A 1-credit virus makes you money, a 3-credit virus doesn’t.

If you were going to run Hemorrhage I think it would have to be in place of Nerve Agent, but I agree that clicks are tight and it’s probably too much to ask to spend one or two clicks in a three click turn trashing the corp’s weakest card.

1 Like

This is, as ever, The Anarch Way :).

3 Likes

Don’t forget Spinal Modem! Though usually if you are playing Darwin then you are playing Noise which means you are playing Grimoire so yeah :<

Inspired by this article (and by a burning love for Security Testing), I made this deck:

Reina Roja: Freedom Fighter (Mala Tempora)

Event (12)

Hardware (3)

Resource (8)

Icebreaker (8)

Program (14)

15 influence spent (max 15)
45 cards (min 45)
Cards up to Honor and Profit

Deck built on NetrunnerDB.

Some thoughts:

• Security Testing is as great with Parasite + Reina as I thought it would be. <3 Security Testing
  • Shaper has SMC / Clone Chip; Criminal has Faerie; Anarch has… get wrecked by destroyers T_T (especially with Djinn)
  • Anarch loves Express Delivery
  • This deck is a lot of fun (and it’s great at steamrolling weaker players), but against stronger players it feels like playing a worse version of Andy
  • Why can’t Inject be out already ;_; that card is going to be HUGE for Anarch
3 Likes