Too Much High-Impact Hidden Info? (Mushin Debate)

How exactly do you define a “Mushin” deck? My Jinteki kill deck got significantly better with Mushin, and it’s certainly a key card, for both economy and threat, but I would not call my deck a “Mushin” deck. It’s a PE kill deck. I assume other decks use Mushin as part of a different overall plan.

It’s not an archetype of itself, just an efficient tool for certain types of play.

Mushin Deck: Game plan is something like "ice centrals enough to not lose instantly to medium, then mushin+advance until they guess wrong and you win (either ignore contract killers/vulcan/show of force / ronin/vanity or check junebugs, overwriters). Secondary no advance similar with psychic field/snare! vs clone sufferage, 3/1 or 3/2 style cards. Goal is to reduce game to a series of 50/50’s that that the runner has to win > 50% of.

A bit reductive, but probably not too far off as a description. Have you seen many decks built this way?

Sorry, that was a joke. I should have put a :wink:

Didn’t mean to be rude. I was just playing off a meme.

2 Likes

I’ve seen a few, built a few myself. They don’t win dependably enough to be tourney worthy, but if your main plan is helpless vs SIFR/whatever…

Did have the thought that I might as well being playing a Mushin Cybernetic deck while getting rolled by a Blackmail Spam Val the other day. Then my opponent said he runs Infiltration for just that problem. Sigh.

1 Like

I’ve tried this exact sort of approach and yeah, Blackmail spamming Val’s that I’ve played against do tend to pack Infiltrations. On one hand it’s neat to see expose effects get played but when it’s attached to Blackmail it sorta loses its whimsy.

2 Likes