Top Competitive Decks Post O&C

Negotiator doesn’t even force a Killer. Best case scenario it taxes them 4 once (but probably only 2) and then it becomes a 2 tax for Mimic like Architect and Caduceus. Really think that card should have costed 2 to rez.

(I do like the concept though; ICE that can be broken without icebreakers is a space that needs to be explored, but in a better way than Negotiator)

I tried to summarize this discussion. Can you guys please help to improve this mess?

1 Like

Don’t forget bootcamp glacier, andysuckers (still good but I haven’t seen it played literally in months), parasite gabe (at least as good as andy supplier), that silly noise hivemind chakana deck, IT dept (hey, it did win one SC), max eater keyhole (it’s not regarded well on stimhack but there’s no denying it’s still popular), NEH grails+biotics (at least as good as elis+arches+biotics)…

1 Like

You know what would be cool to have on this website? A kind of cool like, metagame-following decklist page. Tempostorm MagicAmy (who turned out not to be who she said she was but thats besides the point), wrote a weekly column that was just tier lists for constructed archetypes for hearthstone. Maybe we should have a comprehensive page where we catalog different deck types. Maybe it could just be updated once a month or something, without any need for an article, but a lot of people come and ask stuff like “whats chakana noise” or “whats in supermodernism” and having something like that available would help.

We are in the process of automating tournament winning decklists, and obviously that serves a similar function, so maybe once that’s up again this will be superfluous, but idk. Also, I still don’t even really understand wtf Supermodernism was becauase as far as I could tell it never won a game.

14 Likes

It was a thing mid spin cycle. Won a couple of Plugged In / Chronos Protocol, a couple of Store Champ and it also made me sit on the first table for 6 of the 7th swiss rounds (then took me to the 5th place) during the french national. The deck was good at punishing mistakes against the field and still had a shot on the top table but was insanely hard to properly play against expert level opponents. Even if the deck isn’t top tier anymore (I’m honestly uncertain if it ever was but whatever), it’s still a good learning deck because it helps players to understand the value of rushing agendas and learning to figure out when there’s a scoring window and when it 's unsafe to score.

7 Likes

Weyland Rush with a delivery mechanism consisting of both flatline threat (snare, sea, scorch) and program trash (power shutdown, grim, archer). Econ consisting mostly of agendas (hostile, geothermal) meaning it picks up tempo by scoring, rather than losing it. The original version played Anon Tip over Jackson because “it gets cards faster” (and there was actually some merit to that).

Martin Presley as the original author said it best with “The deck really either takes off or falls flat based on the first 5-6 turns” (this was caused both by actually needing some agendas scored to work properly (hostile for archer, atlas for combos), and by needing to rush out enough points before the runner got set up). Interesting to play and a good learning experience.

3 Likes

Eater doesn’t turn off medium.
accumulate medium tokens with eater, then either kill ice or install breakers to use accumulated medium tokens.

You get 90% of the benefit by accessing on just the last run.

Supermodernism was never a tier 1 deck after Faerie came out. Doubly so after Clone Chip and SMC did. Weyland has had one glory day in this game where is was truly the best deck, and that was before Faerie, utilizing Corporate Troubleshooter. Weyland has been a dog to top players ever since though.

8 Likes

i think midseason argus or titan are better than the old supermodernism decks. high risk investment does so much more work than pri req or cleaners ever could do and traffic accident is a lot better than i thought it would be, of course we are in a meta where people have cut down to one plascrete so maybe its a different story if people pack 2-3.

high risk investment is too fun. every time ive scored it you just watch the runner squirm as they realize any money they do gain is being matched credit for credit and the corp will get it all in one click.