Trans-Atlantic split on Shaper vs. Anarch?

So can someone explain the difference between a tempo deck and asset spam?

I know CTM was considered a tempo deck as well, but I don’t know the difference between tempo and spam.

Your wincon is scoring out – usually via the remote and with fast-advance backup. In order to score out, you use your “must-trash” assets to get value from them that lets you score out; with the resources they gain you (cards, credits). Alternatively, if the Runner contests the board and starts to spend clicks to trash the assets instead of building up their own rig, you can use that lost Runner tempo to create scoring windows via gearchecking / taxing them on ICE in the scoring remote.

Yeah, Moons feels pretty easy to me when playing as Aeneas Andy. I’d wayyyy rather sit down against Moons than Making News, or Sol, or most Jinteki IDs (unless I slotted a film critic).

This is true but IME most of the time you have to trash when you access anyway, in which case you don’t get the Aeneas credits. You can then make sure not to trash if you have enough clicks left to then go back in and trash. IME Nemamiah’s argument about moon being a Tempo deck is another point in favour of Sec Test over Aeneas, as early game speed is paramount. The point about Medium and Aeneas is definitely important but again is a bonus for Aeneas in the late game, as opposed to helping out against the early game tempo.

Aeneas is helpful when you have to check remotes. Makes those not dead clicks if you find stuff you don’t want to trash.

Nah, you only need to trash those three cards. The Team Sponsorships, Maryling Campaigns, Lakhsmi Smartfabrics, Turtlebacks and the like can all stay.

The thing is that Moon compresses your clicks not your money. Using Sec Testing consumes either a fourth or a third of your turn just to gain two credits. That’s not a worthwhile tradeoff. With a single Aeneas you can check remotes while getting money. You don’t have to choose between checking and money, you get both. Also, keep in mind that Aeneas+Desperado can be used as a Mopus if you need to while Sec Testing can only be used once a turn.

Here is my observation. Aeneas is useful vs decks that put out lots of remotes if you feel you need to check them while face down. With Desperado or multiple Aeneas, you are doing better than clicking for credits.

That said, you still are not developing your board at all, which is a problem. I guess that is what everyone means by click compression and tempo.

Honestly it feels like our disagreement is based on a disagreement on how you beat moons. Imo yes you trash all the turtlebacks and Marilyn campaigns. That way they’re too poor to have any tempo of their own and they have to waste a lot of time clicking for credits, effectively negating the entire “tempo” aspect of their game plan. Meanwhile you can siphon them and get breakers installed and security test to keep the money alive. Because I trash most of the cards that I check, the “check cards” value of Aeneas is low and the early game burst value of security testing is high.

Also everyone needs to stop explaining the basics of how Aeneas works to me. I’m not an idiot. I can actually read the card.