Uses for NeoTokyo Grid

Shipment from SanSan is one use per card, and a rigid double operation. That makes its limitation the deck slot premium. Part of the challenge of scoring out for the Corp is ensuring they don’t become too broke to defend their central servers when doing so. An unlimited NeoTokyo Grid would remove that challenge. I believe it would likely also limit the design scope for any future cards that interact with advancement tokens.

@PeekaySK That could work but also makes its utility much more restricted. I personally think they were thinking of how to implement PAD Campaign as an upgrade and this is what they came up with.

You could still chuck it on a central in Tennin to get the bucks. But ya. It’s pretty much just beautiful garbage.

I used it in a taxing Tenin deck for a while. You could use it for money when you didn’t have anything better to advance with your Tenin ability. And probably the best part was allowing you to score with deceptively little money in bank, a la Shipment from SanSan. Start turn with NeoTokyo and Nisei MK II in server, and zero credits. Tenin advance Nisei to start turn gain 1 credit, click for credit, advance, Trick of Light. Score. Or can also score from one with a Subliminal in hand, without the Trick.

In the end though, it just didn’t make the cut. Other stuff is better. But I don’t think it was complete garbage as some are saying. It was reasonable close to making the cut.

1 Like

Well with thomas you have a click worth 2c per turn but… 2 slots and inf for this is pretty meh :confused:

You could score Gila and have 5c / turn … 3card combo… Meh again.

I think the card as it stands is an incredibly unreliable Pad Campaign. But I think there’s hope for it if we get a way to advance cards reliably on the Runner’s turn. Two credits per turn might be worth the drawback, depending on how you have to feed it.

Matrix analyzer? its almost reliable.
it would make the matix advance free at least.

A Weyland card that functions like Awakening Center could be a cool way to see NeoTokyo Grid used as a deal sweetener. A type of host card “in” a server for a piece of ice or an ice effect; think IT Department but activateable with a trash cost perhaps. Cards that reward slowplay remotes (advanceable ones instead of ITD) could make this a useable card but it would have to be one hell of a good effect/mechanism.