What beats NBN?

I like that idea. It would have to be the most expensive current printed yet, I reckon. Definitely too strong to cost 0c.

Youā€™re right! I assumed that @Shango meant scored agendas. But it should probably be all agendas to not incentive the difficult to steal ones like @Almotasim pointed out. You can still do ā€œwhen scoreā€ effects because the current will be trashed when you score agendas (i.e. Priority Requisition).

Iā€™m not sure. Itā€™s definitely powerful, but seems a step down in level from blanking all programs. I donā€™t know too many runner that pack blank programs (i.e. Braintrust).

1 Like

Also it makes agendas that score easier for more points (like say 3/2s) more powerful strengthening decks reliant on them. Whereas most other agendas have useful abilities to back up being harder to score.

Well, thatā€™s true. That makes me like it more. It might be good for the game, but itā€™d have to be given quite a bit of thought and testing. Itā€™s such a general ability, and will obviously affect every agenda printed in the future.

I donā€™t know, maybe itā€™s better to just errata AstroScript, which is the root of the problem (Biotic Labor is fine in HB/Jinteki/Weyland, in my opinion).

I think blanking all agenda boxes (even installed or accessed) probably goes way too far. That makes decks like RP just terribleā€¦ thereā€™d be no reason for anyone to play less than 3 of that current, in every deck, unless it cost like 20 credits or something.

The elegance of the blank scored agenda text box is that itā€™s a scalpel, not a hammer. Itā€™ll only be good to play while NBN dominates the meta, and itā€™ll only hinder that deck enough to bring it back in line with other corp IDs.

1 Like

It also hits Project Atlas, Efficiency Committee, Nisei Mk II, and all of the Fragments. And Private Security Force. Etc, etc.

Edit: And the interaction with Project Beale is pretty odd.

Seems fairly straight-forward to me.

1. You score Beale and the runner current dies.
  2. Beale gets 1 counter for ever ā€œ2 additionalā€ advancements
  3. Next turn runner plays current again
  4. Those agenda counters donā€™t give Beale more points

I proposed this card (Scandal!) in the imaginary cards thread (and spammed my idea elsewhere also). It would seem reasonably powered if the runner had to pick a certain scored agenda (a la targeted marketing), and it would only blank those and all copies.

Instead of blanking scored agendas, why not just ā€œHosted agenda counters may not be used.ā€ or however you want to phrase it.

Item 4 is what I mean. The runner being able to remove agenda points from the corpā€™s score area would be a huge change to the game.

But, it doesnā€™t matter in this case. If the corp is going for the agenda victory, they just need to score their last agenda, which would remove the current, and the Beale counters kick back in.

I donā€™t think blanking all agendas in a current is over powered. Yeah, it would weaken RP a bit, but they are one of the few Corps that run currents anyway, so theyā€™ll just have to put in more ELPā€™s (and/or possibly put in Clone Retirement).

Blanking targeted agendas as @cspieker suggested wouldnā€™t be too bad, but it might be too weak to require that they are already scored.

@moistloaf - Iā€™m not sure if just agenda counters would be enough, youā€™d get to disrupt counters from Astro, Atlas, House of Knives, Nisei MK II, Wotan, Vitruvius, Efficiency Committee, Geothermal Fracking, and Executive Retreat. Would that be enough?

1 Like

THE problem card is without a doubt Astroscript Pilot Program. A scored APP as the first scored agenda puts immense pressure on the runner Itā€™s that hosted power token hovering there, ready to score any 3/2 or even a 4/2 with a biotic labor. once the first APP is scored, they donā€™t need SanSan anymore. Itā€™s just a trap to make you spend 5 credits trashing it.

They can just chain into the next APP.

Donā€™t get rid of Fast Track. Fix APP. Either make it such that you need to overadvance it to get the power token (ala Braintrust, Project Vitruvius, Project Atlas, etc) or make APP unique like Philotic Entanglement.

Let me put it another way ā€¦ if the true problem was Fast Track, then HB Fast Advance would be just as successful. It can run Biotic Labor and San San City Grid as well as Fast Track. It arguably has even better ICE overall. Yet you never hear runners complaining about HB Fast Advance.

Itā€™s because of APP.

4 Likes