When Will it be Time for Replicator?

cough The Supplier.

1 Like

I gave Cortez Chip a long, hard look earlier today. Security Chip, too.

1 Like

Seems fine with tech traders in geist. I have been on and off 1-2 copies of security chip in geist with the B&E breakers. It can be clutch to have forger and sports hopper (or more than 1) installed and fire a security chip with few breakers installed. Also helps to amp up corroder vs Blue Sun or anyone running high str ice where you suddenly need 2 or 3 str added.

1 Like

Inside Man is neutral and doesn’t slow down your installs.

If you can take the influence hit, go for it. But I find I often am short on influence in shaper.

I thought we were talking about Crim!

One thing I have pondered is a Crim deck running 3 Career Fair, three Supplier. Because the Supplier can be busy, Career Fair isn’t dead, and it can help speed the setup. Hopper works with the Supplier, and turns on Underworlds.

But too slow, likely.

That is really the big thing about the supplier I have found. It is so freaking slow. Workshop is something you can force things out when you need them. The supplier is a trickle and while it can make you a large savings, it is also over the course of several turns, where your goods and connections are locked tight and out of play.

Hopper and Geist kind of change that equation a bit, since you can run cards that you can install and then pop for further draw, meaning you get the savings from your click + further draw.

I definitely wouldn’t bother with supplier unless I was Geist or was running the off campus apartments.

I’m thinking about geist primarily, since he benefits from the spy cameras before the whole engine is up and it gives you some in-faction R&D pressure. Spy cam + tech trader (+tech writer) can give you buckets of money very quickly, selling netchips to aesops just didn’t seem potent enough to be worth the slots.

Out of geist seems like you have the slots for 2 out of 3 of these packages:

1. Cloud breakers
  2. Off-campus + connections
  3. spy camera + bazaar + replicator

Option 1 + 2 works pretty well and has a pretty consistent setup time (a little slow, leans on inside job/threat of siphon for early pressure). Option 1+3 is more variable but can be extremely fast, and can generate really outrageous amounts of money (to support your non-disposable breakers in the late game). I haven’t spent as much time with option 2 + 3, but it felt way too slow to set up (requiring special orders + a decent credit pool to make most runs… hostage is necessary to get TT on the board early).

On a related topic, I had a game against IG Bioethics lock last night that I lost primarily due to my crappy psi-game skills. Genetics pavilion only applies to runner turn, so it barely slowed me down (most of my draws were from firing off a hopper or spy cam on the corp turn). Spy cams were responsible for my steals from R&D, no snares or shocks hit. It felt pretty solid and wasn’t specifically teched against it, which was nice.

Might be worth it to find that slot for x1 Film Critic. Cause man, do I hate freaking future perfects.

Career fair with the supplier is waaaaay to slow, I think it’s redundant. With inside man, I like it about as much as I could like the inside man. So you know, I like it more than I should for what it is.

Found it! Took out a siphon a same old thing and the peddlers. Replaced with film critic, 2 hqi, and one flex spot (demolition run, the shards, employee strike are all in the running).