Why does Netrunner not like Cardgamedb?

Are you thinking of Ono Sendai?

I loved the look of that site.

2 Likes

I know itā€™s a separate topic all together, but this is very noticeable and sucks.

4 Likes

god i know exactly who youā€™re talking about lol but i also canā€™t remember his name. i even tried to look up some threads i figured heā€™d have posted in but couldnā€™t find anything lol

i see him post all the time in the general forum and for other games though, but i think he stopped playing early last year

1 Like

Kroen, wasnā€™t it?

6 Likes

Ding ding ding!

iā€™m not sure what prize you win (or if you even want it), but you winned the prize!

Hopefully itā€™s a no-prize!

Iā€™ve always wanted one of those.

1 Like

Yeah, thatā€™s the one! It had gorgeous design, and the card data was very helpful - each card site linked out to NRDB and the reddit COTD if one existed, so you could jump to card discussions if you wanted. It was funny to see what people thought of certain cards when they were released - the community (well, reddit) can be way off base on their early estimates!

1 Like

Ono Sendai was before my time, but itā€™s my understanding that BlacKat is inspired by it, so you might like BlacKat? It doesnā€™t seem to have card links, though.

3 Likes

Hey, I hadnā€™t heard of that site, thanks for the link!

I play most of the LCGs so you would think CardgameDB would be the best site for me with discussion and deckbuilders in one central location. However, CardgameDB is not well-maintained. Spoiled cards werenā€™t included, and cards were put up after official release in many cases. The worst thing is that the deckbuilders often didnā€™t work. The OCTGN export was broken at one point, Conquest warlords still donā€™t work properly, and who knows if Iā€™ll be able to keep my decks with the license expiring. There are bugs that require you to exit out of and renter the deckbuilder. The site is often down due to hosting issues, and the forums arenā€™t very modern or organized.

I still use it for referencing my old decks and occasionally discussing thrones 2.0 since thereā€™s not really a better spot for that game.

2 Likes

I used CardGameDB for a while when I started Netrunner, before NetrunnerDB was around. I quickly moved to Meteor, just because it was faster, but I still had a bunch of decks on CGDB. I finally abandoned it, when they did a major site refresh, but didnā€™t update the decklists on the site before the update (I believe they were going to purge them after a set amount of time). I took a few hours to manually select, copy and paste 150-200 decks to Meteor and havenā€™t gone back.

1 Like

Another thing to note is how shitty the NetrunerDB clone for conquest is. Itā€™s hot garbage. With no great alternative, CGDB is all Conquest players really had, and because there werenā€™t very many of them, demand for something better never arose and no talent took up the mantle of providing something better.

2 Likes

I use NRDB, like most ppl, except I really enjoy CardgameDbā€™s filtering. I often build in NRDB with CGDB open in a separate window. CGDB is great for filtering sets, looking for a specific type of ICE at a certain cost/Inf. & etcā€¦

So I guess what Iā€™m saying is you have options to use both.

2 Likes

I miss the BGG activity and threads, even with the occasional Kroen distraction. However, I canā€™t review or post nearly as often as I used to, and the quality of the community here is outstanding.

Iā€™m with the others that wish it was just a little more active from our high end players, but I have to say I appreciate everyone here.

4 Likes