Worlds 2014 2nd place decklists

L5R flops their Worlds every year between Europe and the U.S. Considering the heavy amount of Euros that play this game, would seem fair. Essen, perhaps? Always wanted to go, and would give me an excuse.

5 Likes

Yeah and there’s no reason for FFG to not do the same. I don’t think AEG is bigger than them.

3 Likes

PE players, like Hinkes and Mihn, both ran FF because they know that it dramatically increases the win rate v. PE, more so than “5%”.

2 Likes

I would also enjoy having an excuse to come visit Europe!

Congrats mtgred, I absolutely love the decks, a lot of really smart choices in there. Jinteki for life! :smiley:

3 Likes

You’ll need to draw it. Then have the money to use it when they try to flatline you. And while you’re busy doing the above they score stuff.

With that said I agree that +5% for FF was BS. Maybe it’s 10% or 15% versus PE (the cost is that you have a useless card in all other matchups - not worth it as I did not expect to face any PEs). I stand behind the 65% win rate though.

More like 40-50% win increase. As minh said, pretty much every top criminal decks here in western EU (France, Netherland, Belgium, Germany) plays a singleton FF the same way they only play a single plas. If you know you’re playing against PE you will try to mulligan for your FF the same way you’ll try to mulligan for Plas when you’re playing against blue sun.

It’s all about respecting a strong archetype and build your deck accordingly.

btw this remark is not just for you. Minh for exemple think he got more than 70% win ratio against Kate with his Killteki but both his lost games at worlds were against ppvp Kate.

5 Likes

Based on Mihn’s performance v. the Crim-heavy field, I’m going with his numbers.

3 Likes

numbers doesnt matter. sample size and quality of opponents do.

So there is only one way to solve this. The Jinteki World series…

3 Likes

One beauty of Worlds was having 3 separate Jin IDs make the T16. No other Corp even boasted two, IIRC.

6 Likes

Has anyone here lost to Jinteki: PE once they got a Feedback Filter down? I know I haven’t.

1 Like

The Jin big box was pretty awesome. The crew that developed it deserve a medal. O&C should revolutionize Weyland and Anarch similary.

1 Like

Poor C&C…

1 Like

C&C is chock-full of amazing cards for runners, much like H&P is for the corp. When a new player asks me what to buy, my answer is invariably “one core set, one WLA, one C&C”.

3 Likes

What are your thoughts on Chronos Project? You mentioned Kate with LARLA was a problem, would -1 HOK and -1 Gila for +2 Chronos hurt the deck too much?

House of Knives is really good, I wouldn’t go below 3.

Gila Hand Arcology scored early is very nice too. With the Sweeps Week they are less critical so -1 Gila Hand for +1 Chronos Project is a possibility. I wouldn’t play more than 1 Chronos Project since it is meant to be scored late in the game.

Another potent agenda is False Lead.

4 Likes

What about HQ Interface vs. Legwork? What’s your reasoning behind including one of each instead of, say, 2 Legworks?

Both are nice. I tend to prefer HQ Interface over Legwork.

HQ will usually be well protected and the Corp will try to add unrezzed ICE because of Account Siphon. Unless you have all the breakers + a bunch of Datasucker counters and credit, it’s awkward to use legwork with unrezzed ICE on HQ. In contrast it’s safe to play HQ Interface and run. It will actually add pressure for the Corp to spend credit and reveal the ICE on HQ. You can then Special Order the right breaker and run again.

HQ interface also works well with Sneakdoor Beta.

I used to play with 2 HQ Interface and 0 Legwork. The problem is NEH with a scored Astroscript. Even with a strong R&D lock they can still Fast Track or draw many cards with Jackson Howard to break the lock. Legwork is really good in such cases.

It actually happened round 5 at Worlds. My opponent scored 2 Astroscript ridiculously early (like turn 4). I managed to stabilise and establish a R&D lock with Medium and steal some Agendas. At some point he drew a bunch of cards with Jackson breaking the lock. Hopefully I had HQ Interface on the table and Legwork in hand. This enabled a 4 cards access to get the Project Beale he managed sneak though the lock.

4 Likes

I have won multiple games vs feedback filter with PE, but, you know, I do not kill runner pretty often.

Well, you’re not even playing the same deck :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like