Worlds 2016 - Legend of the Threepeat

what tech?

Slums, Achives Interface, Siphon, being Whizzardā€¦ Take your pick. I think the field will tech against Museum pretty heavily, as long as the next MWL update doesnā€™t dismantle those decks.

Without Whizzard, slums/archives arenā€™t really that great. So weā€™ll see a lot of whizzard.

Unless some card comes a long that is a super hard counter, yeah. Iā€™d expect thatā€™d be the case. The Whizz is still very solid. Anarch as a whole really is.

I think Faust will hit MWL, or Chronotype will. If that happens, Whizz just drops Career Fair for Dirty Laundry and isnā€™t really that much worse off.

I wonder if anything comes off the MWL to help Criminal or Shaper out? Iā€™m not sure Damon has seen his error on Desperado yet, but maybe?

Whizz plays career fair? Last Dumbdeck I saw was running 3 clone chip, 3 parasite 1 Levy, as if mocking the MWL.

1 Like

Damnit stop talking about this so early I miss it too much

3 Likes

Original version had 3x. But, yeah, cutting them to fit in the third Clone Chip is something Iā€™ve seen. My point is that it could come right back out if Faust hit MWL.

Yeah, letā€™s turn this into another Faust/Museum thread instead of talking about Worlds. Oh not waitā€¦

5 Likes

Iā€™ll be that dolt, but only if I get some sort of astronomical odds for myself.

3 Likes

Posted information on when tix for Worlds go on sale. Ling and short of it is:

July 5th @ 8:00AM Central Time
July 6th @ 2:00PM Central Time
July 7th @ 8:00PM Central Time

I will not be able to post the link on the 5th because I will be on a plane. Can someone take care of that for a brother?

1 Like

Also note that netrunner is on Thursday and Friday. Star wars has the weekend spots now.

1 Like

More specifically, the Ice Breaker tournament is on Wednesday, the Championship is two days - multiple (unspecified) rounds on Thursday, then 3 rounds Friday followed by top 16 cut. 2 PM on Friday is a ā€œspecial eventā€ thatā€™s not specified yet, presumably so people who are not in top 16 and not interested in watching their games have something fun to do.

@spags this might suggest King of Servers on Saturday? Leads into heavy partying that night followed by flights/drives the next day.

1 Like

Changed the formatting a bit and posted up the event schedules. Does anyone have a more clever subtitle for this thing?

iā€™m planning to be there.

If King of Servers happens again (@spags), iā€™m down for it. This time I wont be an idiot and not be able to do worlds too.

Get ready for honest netrunner. :chamillionaire: :chamillionaire: :chamillionaire:

Preface for KoS - If anyone wants someone planning to be notably drunk by the end of the tournament, and willing to play whatever IDs you wanna give meā€¦ Iā€™m around. <3 xoxo

3 Likes

Professor? Honestly, I was disappointed that none of the teams last year played all three of the independent factions plus Professor.

fuck professor.

even i wont touch that garbo id.

thats saying a lot.

1 Like

Professor was King of Swiss in the Stockport Regional at the weekend along with Blue Sun. (66 players)

Just sayinā€™

2 Likes

If we do KoS, Iā€™m down to stream with @sotomatic again.

4 Likes

Get off this site now.:smiling_imp:

Also, have you seen this deck?

Sure itā€™s the only decent build type for Prof, but it is quite decent. Just sucks hard against IG.

My team contained the only Professor in the tournament (@gumOnShoe).

Spoilers: He didnā€™t win much.

2 Likes