Flashpoint Cycle!

Can’t wait till all the criminals hit magnet and Fairchild 2 with peregrine.

1 Like

With the extra influence you can have datasuckers

1 Like

Sure, you play Peregrine. I’ll continue playing Magnets and Fairchilds all day long.
On a more serious note, the 5 install cost is pretty terrible against Quandaries too. So if you have the influence in your crim deck, I think I’d still play Zu.

3 Likes

Lots of Kit Jank is looking fun with Peregrine

5 Likes

[quote=“Labbes, post:1409, topic:7403, full:true”]Sure, you play Peregrine. I’ll continue playing Magnets and Fairchilds all day long.
On a more serious note, the 5 install cost is pretty terrible against Quandaries too. So if you have the influence in your crim deck, I think I’d still play Zu.
[/quote]

There are still reasons to play Zu in crim - as it should be (green decoders are better than blue decoders). Note that Peregrine is just one credit worse than Zu vs Fairchild 2.0 (and one credit better vs Turing or Tollbooth). The real killer is the 5 install, but if it had been less it would have been dangerously close to a shaper decoder.

2 Likes

Personally, looking at all the new gates I think I’ll play Gordian (or cy-cy in green).

Are you going to play magnet and Fairchild 2 in the same deck? Isn’t that just asking to be yogged?

Fairchild 3.0, though. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I agree that, generally, everyone loses credits is a bad idea for the corp, but that’s why Stinson is necessary to that plan and an interesting card. As for DtD, unless there is some other way to repeatedly trace in Weyland that I’m unaware of… And I don’t see how DtD can be used to land once for (much) effect, given that if it lands it happens in the runner’s turn. Maybe with HHN, to get the runner down one more critical card.

1 Like

I like the idea, but I don’t think it’s good. DtD happens at the begin of the runner’s turn, and Stinson’s ability needs a click. That means, even if you land the trace, you need a Zealous Judge (or the threat of one) to raise the tax above 2 creds and a click - otherwise removing the tag simply becomes more economical and you might end paying more then the runner. NACH or Networking make this even cheaper for the runner, and those see actually play, as well as additional link (look at Silver Bullet Kate, sport hoppers, cloud-breaking Geist, etc.)
As often, this is a Weyland card performing better in NBN (Sync makes the “just pay to remove the tag” more expensive, and MN at least doesn’t need to pay real credits if the runner has no or little link). But NBN has better ways of draining credits or landing tags (and other, better currents), so probably it will see little play.

1 Like

And I think we’ve come full circle - you aren’t wrong. I’m just trying to come up with a way to make DtD sensible in faction. I like assuming that FFG doesn’t deliberately make a card atrocious in faction which, I know, is a dumb assumption.

3 Likes

I think it is a bit odd that 3.0 bioroids can occasionally be easier to break than 2.0 bioroids. You can break all subroutines on a 3 sub 3.0 bioroid like Fairchild 3.0 if you run first click, but you can’t break all subroutines on a 3 sub 2.0 bioroid like Fairchild 2.0 …

They get truly brutal with effects that add additional subroutines. These cards are underplayed so that’s a cool synergy (think Marker, Sensei, Sub Boost). Wetwork Refit is coming soon, as well.

2 Likes

2.0 would benefit from these cards just as much as 3.0. An added sub to Fairchild 2.0 means the runner can’t break 2 subs with clicks, versus not being able to break 1 on 3.0.

However, as previously mentioned in the thread, ELP turns off the bioroid clause altogether.

I’d love to see a Bioroid series (Janus?) lose subs as it goes up in series number. If Janus 2.0 had 3x “Do two Brain Damage” subs (or more likely, 2x 2BD, 1x1BD so it can’t kill on facecheck), and Janus 3.0 had one “Do 5 Brain Damage” sub, the click tax would still be intense, but they’d be easier to break with real breakers. You could even use this as an excuse to make them cheaper instead of more expensive as they go up in series.

3 Likes

Except that it’s easier to come up with one extra click to break four subs on a 2.0, versus two extra clicks to break six subs on a 3.0. I see a lot of shapers running with five clicks these days thanks to Beth or any of their many other extra click options. An extra sub on a 3.0 stops the five-click runner, and extra sub on a 2.0 doesn’t. Not always good, but good enough to think about.

(Don’t) Win in one turn!

I don’t know where else to post this. Bryan Stinson is hilarious fun

3 Accelerated Beta Test
3 Global Food Initiative ●​●​●​
3 Project Vitruvius
Asset (7)
2 Adonis Campaign
2 Eve Campaign
3 Reversed Accounts ●​●​●​
ICE (10)
3 Heimdall 2.0
3 IQ
3 Janus 1.0
1 Wotan
Operation (13)
2 Blue Level Clearance
2 Enhanced Login Protocol
3 Preemptive Action
3 Restructure
3 Violet Level Clearance
Upgrade (10)
2 Breaker Bay Grid
3 Bryan Stinson ●​●​●​●​●​●​●​●​●​
2 Ruhr Valley
3 Strongbox

My guess is 4.0 and then two other ice that reference fairchild in HB.

Unfairchild 1.0

7 Likes

There isn’t gonna be a 4.0

1 Like