Flashpoint Cycle!

the problem with watchdog is that you need a bunch of money to land that many tags and have it survive not being trashed. If you’re going to make all that money then just rez ICE and use the tags for something hot.

You’ll end up spending a click to draw London Library, a click and 3 credits to install it, the click to use it to host the breaker, the two credits and the cost of breaking the ice to derez an Enigma.

Lore:
Damon mentioned in @CodeMarvelous’ awesome Interview on YT that we experience the fate of those runners cycling out: Whizz gets boomed, CT quits because of her dads. But what happens to Andy? Damon said something about “23 seconds”, but there is no reference in any card. What did I miss? I am no english native speaker, so maybe there was something between the lines I did not get?

3 Likes

Pretty unfair analysis, given that once the LL is up, it can be used until it gets taken down. Also, every card in your deck needs to be drawn, and click != draw.

It’s like saying all stealth decks are bad because you need to draw cloaks for a click each, install them for 1c + click (which is actually 2 clicks since you had to click for that credit), and then install your breaker on top of that and pay break costs just so you can get past a magnet.

On point, I think the falcon breakers can be viable, but likely not going to break any meta. Hilariously though, they have anti-synergy with Khan herself though, because you have to install them normally mid run, which is atrocious. Better in big rig Hayley or something.

CT will come back though right! Or at least things will work out ok for her.

Andy could always go in the next Cycle, as Reina needs to go too. Hopefully they don’t all die, and some of the runners are able to settle down and get on with thier lives. Something also needs to happen to GRNDL I suppose.

Yeah, maybe she will join the ranks of anarchs after she got a bit older?
Since Andy is a Ristie, maybe she gets back into corp town territory and we see her as a corp card like sysop, that would be nice.

1 Like

I thought CT got grounded, and Andy just decided to stop playing the game when shit got hot. I don’t have official source for that though; what I heard might’ve just been rumors.

I would like to see them come back as Connections, or Corp executives.

2 Likes

Psh, I for one have faith in the Whizkid. That’s just a sacrificial clone getting fried; he is safe and sound in his underground cavern, but realizes it’s time to lay low. After all, what kind of wizard folds to cheap tricks? He’s one step ahead of the Weyland clowns.

1 Like

Damon said 23 seconds he meant to say flashpoint cycle. the card has not been released

2 Likes

How ironic Whizzard’s doom comes from a card with a trash cost.

30 Likes

I feel like of all the runners Andy is the one most likely to get a happy - or at least not _un_happy - ending. You know she’d just retire the instant she could.

4 Likes

Well, objectively the runner most likely to get a “happy ending” in the traditional sense is Iain Stirling. I never understood why he kept inviting all those hip young shapers over to his place.

2 Likes

Cyberpunk should have no happy endings.

1 Like

Well Damon said this is cyber noire. And Code Hays won’t be a current law in the sansa area. Criminals can finally had a happy ending.

That’s justice. Pure and unadulterated.

I thought that the art on Prisec was Andromeda about to get offed by the guy drawing the gun.

1 Like

Cyberpunk isn’t dystopia. Some people get what they want. Kaneda. Hiro Protagonist. Pretty much everyone we like in Count Zero. Deckard(?)

So now that PU is out in the wild, what direction do we actually go with the ID?

Ark Lockdown seems like it could work to enable lockouts. But maybe you should go for kill? Not sure.

I’m gonna have fun with 54 PU with full MCH build and just defending my Hostile Infrastructures.
Free rage quits on Jnet.

2 Likes