Imaginary Cards

Turn 1 Sure Gamble, Keys to the City, Dr. Lovegood. If the Corp doesn’t have a remote already, they just lost the game. This could become very toxic, very quickly.

2 Likes

The mention of Salsette Island’s runner cards being more meatspace-focussed, the introduction of the “bomb” subtype with EMP Device, and the proliferation of assets this cycle has made me wonder if we might see something a bit explosive, to help deal with all these high-trash assets.

Given that EMP Device is a bomb, it explodes (trashes itself), but it doesn’t directly hurt anyone - it’s an anti-ice tool. However there is a card that deals with trashing things for no money, and explicitly hurts (or at the very least, significantly threatens) people, the universally panned Unregistered S&W 35, the game’s only card with a “weapon” subtype. I will say that I recently included it in a fun deck for thematic reasons, and shooting IG’s Turtlebacks was pretty neat, but it’s not that useful.

Taking the name from Freelancer’s flavour text:

C-6 High Explosive
●○○○○ (Anarch) 2c
Hardware: Bomb, Weapon
[click], [trash] : Trash an installed asset or upgrade that was accessed this turn.
[trash] : Trash an installed asset or upgrade. Take 2 meat damage. Use this ability only during a run.

While I didn’t particularly want to give it to anarchs, with their current dominance and plethora of trashing options, it definitely feels like an anarch card, especially as I give the option of detonating then and there, if you don’t mind a little meat damage.
Criminals have drive-by (what is it with crim cards and taking too many clicks?) but I’d like to see them get something to help with assets too - maybe something taking inspiration from some of the gear in Infiltration, but a simple bomb, I think that’s a bit too crude to be in-faction for criminals. Geist would still love it though

1 Like

Weapons training

Criminal resource 5 inf 3 cost

Reduce the clicks spent to trigger abilities on cards with the weapon subtype by 1 to a minimum of 1. You may install a card with the weapon subtype when this card is installed.

Monofilament knife

2 cost criminal hardware - Weapon. 2 inf

2 Clicks: expose a card. Use this ability only if there is a Clone, Executive, Character, or Sysop in archives

4 Clicks: reveal cards from the top of r&d until an agenda is revealed. Use this ability only if there is a Bioroid in archives

I like weapons training, but what’s the mechanic of Mono-knife meant to represent?

Well, if you trash a person/humanoid card type, the flavor of monoknife implies that the runner in question is willing to go to extreme lengths to get the information they require. Also, I just think it would be cool if Bioroids were able to be messed with in a way that gives the runner some information.

It’s as if you’ve kidnapped someone because they are in archives, aka not where they should be

You wouldn’t even need to play it fast, just kill all the remotes and then you win. At worst, you absolutely destroy horizontal decks.

Precision Bribery was one of the most broken cards of the original game, which is saying something. I don’t think we’ll ever see a card like this in the game again. I hope so, at least.

You could add “play only if a server was created last turn” maybe?
Why was precision bribery so bad, it looks like the corp can trash it easily enough

Hmm, I don’t know if I’d want to be that dependant on the corp having “people” in the trash - would a “use only if you made a successful run”, 2-click “expose and you may run” make sense for a monoknife? Would it be worth it?

And, to borrow a tactic from ffg, re-using Infiltration artwork, c-6.

Needs flavour text though

Cool card.

I had a thought. Why not have an additional equipment card called “.44 rounds” that you can trash to count as either running HQ or remove from the game to count as spending two clicks? It would make the .44 pretty sweet, although probably still worse than Pol Op. And obviously it would need to have its language tweaked.

Here is my thought, based mostly on the current meta.

AI-Corruption
3/1 Agenda - Neutral
When scored, place three agenda tokens on AI-Corruption
Remove a token from AI-Corruption: The Runner may not use AI to break any subroutines on an encountered piece of ice for the remainder of the turn (or run).

Man oh, man would I be happy if a card like this was printed. Its mild Faust hate, but it is really more Cutlery+Eater/Faust Hate.

1 Like

Criminal Runner
45/15
0 link
You may have 2 installed consoles (or whatever technical wording is needed to make this work)

This effect seems WAAAAY more Shaper than Criminal in my books. Any particular reason for making it Criminal.

After seeing these recent spoilers from Salsette, I’m waiting to see something like this. Almost

And we shall give it a runner name of Deques Applenti.

1 Like

This should be the official wording for interactions that are common sense, but needlessly wordy.

This card works the way it’s intended to work, and the flavor text determines how the card is played!

Random silly idea, after seeing the Slums:

Pensions & Retirement
Weyland Agenda
3/1

Once per turn, when the runner has to discard cards as a result of taking meat damage, randomly remove one of the cards discarded from the game.

They were sent to live at a farm up-state

Or however it’d be worded.

I get the flavour you’re going for, but rarely of ever do we use meat damage as anything other than a kill condition.
Perhaps “Whenever a connection is trashed, remove it from the game.”?

Making a criminal breaker for Fisk that’s powerful but tricky to use:

Portfolio
●●●○○ (Criminal) 3c
Program: Icebreaker - Decoder - Fracter
2c: Break up to 2 subroutines on a barrier or code gate that has either; strength equal to the number of cards in HQ, or strength equal to the number of cards in your Grip, or any strength in between.
Strength: 9

Can either flood HQ and have a small grip, or force discard from HQ with a large grip. Good against big taxing ice but poor vs very small gear checks.

Interesting way of handling it, and I like boosting Fisk a bit. But wouldn’t it fit the color pie a bit better to make it a Killer instead of one of the other subtypes (maybe remove Fracter?)? It could form a trio of dual breakers with Sage and a new Anarch counterpart.

I dunno, recent designs out of FFG have left that old colour pie far behind ;).

I prefer to think of it as barriers and code gates being more similar to each other than either is to sentries; they are static problems rather than active entities. Conceptually why would something work on a killer and a code gate but not a barrier?

Thus a cycle of decoder-fracters in the factions makes more sense to me than a {DF,FK,FD} set would - Sage solves these static problems with sheer processing power and Portfolio with does it with Fisk’s savvy (an abstraction of his insider knowledge)

2 Likes

Selective Archiving
Criminal Event
1 Inf - 1 credit

Make a run against archives. If successful, you may choose how many cards you wish to access instead of all cards in archives.

Two Birds, One Stone
Criminal Resource
2 inf - 0 credits

You may trash Two Birds, One Stone when accessing an installed asset. If you do, you may trash any rezzed copies of the asset by paying the trash cost discounted by the number of rezzed copies of the asset for each asset (minimum 1).

The wording on Two Birds, One Stone is really rough, but what I’m intending is something like this: Say you access a rezzed pad campaign during a run on a remote server. The cost breakdown is:

1 rezzed pad: costs 4 to trash.
2 rezzed pad: each costs 3 (1 copy rezzed) to trash, for a total of 6 credits.
3 rezzed pad: each costs 2 (2 copies rezzed) to trash, for a total of 6 credits.

I’d posit that it doesn’t even need the discount. It’s a tech card against asset spam, for sure, but it’s a great one. Crim doesn’t generally have a credit problem, and the click efficiency alone is amazing. Bump influence one more just to make sure it stays out of Whizz decks.

1 Like