Imaginary Cards

Just make the wording like political operative and he can’t abuse it

Doomsday Device.
Unique
5 inf Apex. 1 cost
Resource - Virtual.

Place 2 power counters on Doomsday Device when you install it. When your turn begins, remove 1 power counter from a card you control and lose a credit if able, else trash Doomsday Device.

When there are no more counters on Doomsday Device, remove it from the game and trash all installed cards. At the end of your turn, install all Corp cards that were trashed, and the Corp may rez any number of them at no cost.

Police Investigation
Haas Bioroid operation 4 inf. 6 cost

Play only if the runner stole an agenda last turn.

The runner must pay 3 credits and a click as an additional cost to run a remote server on their next turn. Give the runner 1 tag unless the runner trashes a connection. The runner cannot draw more than 2 cards next turn.

Sympathetic Clone Aid. 0 inf Neutral
Resource.

As an additional cost to spend (click) to trash a resource with a trash cost (not through a card ability), the Corp must spend (click click)

No Cause For Concern
3 inf Criminal Event. Run. 2 cost

Make a run. If you trash a character, sysop, clone, bioroid, executive or ritzy asset this turn, avoid all tags until your next turn.

Infinite Desire.
Shaper. 3 inf 4 cost event.

Draw all remaining cards in your deck. Remove all cards trashed from your hand from the game until your next turn (not including discards due to maximum hand size).

We Are The Future.

Weyland Agenda. 3/2 Public. Limit 1 per deck

When you install this agenda, search your R&D for a card and install it, ignoring all costs.

When you score this agenda, place 3 power counters on this card.

Hosted power counter: Choose a non sentry piece of installed ICE. That card loses all subtypes, gains either code gate or barrier, and gains 2 end the run subroutines before all other subroutines on that ice. (after all subroutines if you spend 3 power counters instead.)

I really like the idea of doomsday device. I would be really excited to see it themed as a War Games Reference. It might be more hype if the condition was something like If the Corp scored an agenda last nuke their severs for a turn. Right now it seems a little worrying that you could set up 3 turns in a row of dooms day device, but that could be changed by making it unique

If you can’t score an agenda for fear of your servers being ruined for fear of not having a Jackson to hide your agendas, it just seems really unfair. Also, the impending doom is thematic for Apex . Also, that helium 3 deposit coaster is getting discolored.

And yeah, uniqueness is the last thing I think of when I design a card haha, thanks for letting me know.

Riot.

2 inf Anarch event. 0 cost
Each player trashes an installed card.

Hope.

2 inf Shaper event. 0 cost
Each player draws up to 2 cards.

Free.
3 inf Criminal event. Run 0 cost
Each player may install and rez a card, ignoring all costs.
Make a run

Mu-Shiki
2 inf Jinteki Operation
Play only if the runner made 2 or more runs last turn, or stole an agenda.
The runner moves all cards from their grip to their stack, and cannot take damage until your turn ends.

Orochinagi
3 inf. Weyland operation 4 cost

Play only if the runner played a run event or made 2 or more runs last turn through a card ability.

The runner makes a run on the server with the most pieces of ice protecting it. The first piece of ice gains “the Corp trashes a runner card” before all other subroutines. The runner may trash a console or program to prevent this.

Galactica Phantom.

4 inf 7 cost HB operation.

Play only if the runner stole an agenda, or accessed 4 or more cards last turn.

Install and score an agenda from your hand with an advancement requirement of 4 or less.
The runner may take 2 damage to prevent this. This effect cannot flatline the runner.

Genocide Cutter
2 inf 3 cost NBN operation

Play only if the runner has 10 more credits than you.

The runner loses 4 credits. Gain 6 credits

The numbers on this one definitely need more thought, but you get the idea

One more.

Nero card.

Criminal Hardware. 0 cost 3 inf

Play only if your identity card is Nero Severn: Information Broker.

Once per turn, you may jack out of a run after you commit to a successful run after exposing it’s contents.

Dr. Li
Resource, Criminal
Cost 3, Inf 2
Click: Draw two cards. Place one card from your hand on the bottom of your stack.
Click: Shuffle your stack.
“The title’s just honorary, really.”

Basically an upgrade to Mr. Li that might make him slightly more playable. Not just draw filtering but hand filtering, and the ability to shuffle things you placed on the bottom that combines with something like Spy Camera or Rolodex. Still probably not as good as flat out draw though.

It doesn’t seem like it would be that useful after 1 or 2 activations. Sure, you might have a tech card you don’t need (e.g. Plascrete) sitting in hand when you install him, but after that all your draws (aside from Agroplex or other shenanigans) would already be filtered through the doctor, so there won’t be many dead cards in hand to shift to the bottom.

ETA: To clarify, I mean “that much more useful than Mr. Li.”

Probably not a novel idea, but here’s a way to make expose effects better (also a pretty heavy skill card when going in blind ;))

Preempt
●●●○○ (Criminal) 1c
Event: Double
As additional cost to play this event, spend [click]
Name a non-agenda card, then expose a card. If the exposed card has that name, add it to HQ.

1 Like

Not sure what this has over Drive By. It costs more to play, returns to hand instead of trashing, and requires you to name the card. You would need to make it not a double, 0 cost, and/or trash to put it (+ expose effect) on par with Drive By.

I’d remove the non-agenda clause to make it some solid anti-GFI tech, but that’s probably too good.

It can hit ice :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Oh, shit! Well then, that’s pretty damn decent. People would have to get ready for that It’s a Trap meta…

2 Likes

Neurogenetic Rehab
Criminal (**)
Event - Double - Ritzy
Cost 3
As an additional cost to play this card, spend click.

Remove one brain damage token.

I was bored, and had a few card ideas kicking around in the back of my head. Not going to try to put a cost to them yet, though.

GS Terms of Service
5 (SUNNY) Influence
Resource

Trash: Until the end of the turn, treat all text boxes on accessed cards as if they were blank.
You’d be surprised how bad even corporations are at reading the fine print during contract negotiations.

Honestly, something I feel that’s missing is making this a actual fight between corporations. Let’s say that during some licensing deal, GlobalSec slipped some provisions into it where the target corp of these security tests can’t actually fire their big guns and traps to harm GS agents. (Or freelancers working for GS at the time.) That contract’s going to get dropped like a hard rock once the lawyers wake up and realize the problem, so you’ll have to take advantage of it when you can… and you’ll have to pop it before accessing to make it do anything, so you might end up wasting it. But it makes a wonderful bluff to access cards off R&D and tell them to just put that totally harmless, totally-not-a-Snare back.

*Miss Pennyfarthing
Resource - Connection
5 (SUNNY) Influence
When your turn begins, you may lose (CLICK). If you do so, search your stack for a resource and install it (paying the install cost). Shuffle your stack afterwards.
She learned everything about finding and hiring talent from her old boss, Mr. Johnson.

I don’t know why, but I do love these “start turn, lose a click and do something neat” kind of resources. And since a lot of her basic econ requires a lot of resources to get rolling, might as well have some way to actually fish them out of a massive deck.

*Rain Bucket
Program - 2 MU
4 (SUNNY) Influence
Your cloud icebreakers have +1 strength for every two link you have.
In the old days, it used to be joked that the “power of the cloud” would change everything. It took time for technology to catch up.

Might as well have some way to actually leverage going full raid-boss on link for things other than just the Security Nexus, as well as actually getting some use out of the memory you’re saving by going cloud in the first place.

GS Network Mapping Service
1c Event
4 (SUNNY) Influence
Gain 1c for each remote server with a card installed in it.
_Knowing that a target exists at all is worth credits to some buyers. _

Because eff asset spam. Might as well make some bank off it.

2 Likes

Most of these cards need costs attached.

Apex console 4 cost 5 inf

Limit 1 per deck.

Remove this card from the game:Restart the game adding this card to your score area as an agenda worth 1 point. Keep all scored agendas in play.

I wouldn’t mind seeing Criminal have a little more con-oriented stuff in the game, and maybe another AI. Not sure about costs, though.

*Mastermind
●●○○○ (Criminal) 3c
Program: Icebreaker - AI
Memory 1
Strength 2
You may use credits on installed runner cards to pay for using Mastermind, even if they cannot normally be used for it.
You may not use credits from your credit pool to pay for using Mastermind.
2c: +2 strength
2c: Break up to 2 ice subroutines.

I figure this works with a bursty early game rush for Crim, but quickly burns through what would be their economy cards (Bank Job, Armitage Codebusting, Kati Jones etc.). Alternatively (or additionally), it can make situational recurring credits better (Crash Space? Inside Man?), but it would require too much setup to be worthwhile for more than a small ice or two.

Long Con
●●●○○ (Criminal) 1c
Resource: Job
At the start of your turn, put 3c on Long Con. While Long Con has 6 or more credits on it, it gains “[Trash]: Gain all credits on Long Con.” While Long Con has 9 or more credits on it, you are tagged.

Caveat Emptor
●●●●○ (Criminal) 0c
Operation: Job - Double
As an additional cost to play Caveat Emptor, spend [Click].
Choose and reveal up to 3 face up cards in Archives. Gain credits equal to the rez or play cost of one of the revealed cards. The Corp may choose to pay credits equal to the rez or play cost of one of the revealed cards, then choose one of them at random and play or install and rez it, ignoring all costs. Return any remaining cards to Archives.

My wording’s probably off, but hopefully the intent makes sense.

2 Likes

So the intent is that the corp (presuming they haven’t been siphoned into oblivion) always chooses the cheapest cost, but ends up getting one of the 3 effects at random? That’s interesting and fun, but it might introduce some rules headaches with effects like Biotic Labor.

I also wonder about the first sentence – I think the corp is allowed to monkey with the order of their face down archives as they see fit, so maybe instead of “choosing” three face down cards, they should also be randomly selected.

Nice take on damage prevention and ambush-dodging. However, the mechanical flavour doesn’t seem particularly Sunny, if you get my feeling. I might try to retool this card thematically for Adam. He already has blanking text boxes in his faction, and he was BUILT by a corp, he would know how to circumvent traps.

YES! Fistpump! THIS is a card for Sunny. She alreay has Security chip, but making this a program is a very smart move, and it’s quite powerful for what it does. How much would you take to install this badboy? 3c? 4c?

Fair enough. Maybe operations are a bad choice and it should be restricted to cards with rez costs (out of turn Operations and Events are really not supported). But yeah, the thought is that you can choose some cheap things and some expensive things, and maybe that lets to corp get something big for cheap (and with ice costing more than assets, ignoring install costs could let them build a big server). Alternatively, you can choose only pricey things, making the corp pay more (if they want it) but guaranteeing that they get something expensive.

As for your second paragraph, it’s face up cards, not face down ones, to avoid the issues of the runner fiddling around with hidden cards.