Imaginary Cards

Ack, apologies for the misread. That makes it a more interesting choice for the runner, for sure.

Some anti-asset tech:

Ransomware
Criminal - Program
1c, 1MU, 2inf

Install only if you made a successful run on R&D this turn.

Cards cannot leave the Corp’s archives for any reason.

[Trash] Gain 2c

Distributed Protocols
Shaper - Resource - Virtual
3c, 2inf

You cannot use Distributed Protocols more than once per turn.

[Click] Make a run on a remote server. If successful, instead of accessing cards, place one power counter on Distributed Protocols.

Hosted power counter: Choose a rezzed asset or upgrade. That card has -1 trash cost until the end of the turn for each power counter (including the one spent) on Distributed Protocols.

Ransomware works great against Museum, but also prevents stealing agendas from archives (though you can still access them). You can self-trash it, but that also gives the corp a Jackson window. Also, it gives Criminal an in-faction R&D pressure card.

DP is basically a runner IT dept, with the once per turn clause since the corp can’t trash it without a tag or Foxfire. Charge it up while IG is durdling, and you can win the econ battle without losing your head.

1 Like

Umm… Is this some sort of joke about crim cards? Umm, Public Synpathy?

1 Like

I like Rain Bucket, but why such high influence? Is it so important to keep it out of B&E Geist and Nexus Kate? Or is there some other combo I’m missing?

Nope, it wasn’t a joke. I tried to compare it to Public Sympathy to do something similar but slightly different.

The hand size change is half as much as Public Sympathy, but it is permanent. Resources are the most fragile card type. It can also be recurred indefinitely as an event (e.g. SoT), while a resource can only be installed once.

And it’s just different being an event rather than a resource (synergizes with different search cards, recurring credits, effects etc.).

1 Like

I’d lower the cost. Because while public sympathy can always be used, this can only be used against brain damage.

1 Like

These are two designs that based off previous designs in thread but I cant find the specific ones.

Enforced Tunneling Protocol
Anarch: Event - Run - Sabatoge
1c (2c?), 2inf

Make a run on a remote server. The first time you trash a card installed in a sever during this run, you may gain [Click] and return Enforced Tunneling Protocol to your hand.

This card feels like it would be too good with Wizard but if you weaken it to hurt wizard you make it a lot worse for everybody else.

Thomas Haas

Criminal: Runner - Cyborg
12 influence

You may include Neutral and Haas-Biroid transaction Operations in your stack, they do not cost influence.

You treat all your Operations as Events, wherever they are.

1 Like

Fetch
●○○○○ (Shaper) 0c 4MU
Program: Daemon
Fetch may host up to 4MU of non-virus programs. The memory costs of hosted programs do not count against your memory limit.
[Click] or 2[credits]; Add Fetch and all hosted programs to your grip.
The right configuration layering tool can roll up a whole breaker suite in milliseconds, and you can hand your now factory fresh console over to that nice NAPD officer knocking the door down.

(Fetch as in the vanishing spirit from irish mythology)

Stop trying to make Fetch happen.

10 Likes

Isn’t 4mu a bit much for a Daemon that doesn’t cancel MU? You would need a HUGE amount of Memchips to be able to get anything done…

1 Like

I knew I was forgetting something lol

A little from column A, a little from column B. Mostly so that she actually has a unique trick that doesn’t automatically get imported into other factions, and for safety reasons in case it ends up being OP.

In regards to credit cost, I was thinking cheap, so maybe 2 or 3, since it doesn’t actually do anything by itself and takes up 2 MU.

Badder Times

Neutral Operation 0 inf 0 cost

Search your deck for any number of neutral non-transactions operations and play them.

Dropping some Weyland love, as part of a custom Deluxe expansion I’m building.

WEYLAND
Challenger Station: Top of the Beanstalk
Identity - Beanstalk - Division
7(credit), (click)(click)(click): Put a counter in your score area as an Agenda worth 1 Agenda point.
"Your gateway to the stars."

Weyland has always been the faction that makes the big bucks. Getting filthy rich is the Weyland way, and now you can channel that cash into victory.

Open Bounty (3c)
Asset
Whenever the runner makes a successful run, put a power counter on Open Bounty.
(Click), Remove X hosted Power Counters: Trace X. If successful, do X Meat Damage.
6 Trash Cost
(3 Weyland Influence)
“The best way to get results is to make it a contest. They do their best, and you only pay the winner.” -Elizabeth Mills

A friend and I discussed how we could make Meat Damage less about instant death, and more about tax and threat. This is what we came up with. A high-trash asset that slowly builds up meat damage. The corp can fire the trace whenever they feel like it, to tax either credits or cards, but it’s rarely if ever a pure kill-card.

Escape Hatch [0c]
Upgrade
(trash): Return a card installed in this server to HQ.
3 Trash cost
(2 Weyland Influence)

What would a Weyland defensive upgrade look like? Weyland is the corp that would rather set themselves back than fail (cough cough Bad Publicity cough cough), so it makes sense that they would rather pick up and discard all their progress if it means locking a Runner out.

Wall of Accounts (0 rez)
ICE - Barrier
When you rez Wall of Accounts, you may pay X(credits) to put X Power counters on it. It has +1 Strength for each power counter on it.
1(credit): Wall of accounts gains “L>: End the run” until end of turn.
“You’d be surprised how good a deterrent a massive bank balance can be. Show people the means to do anything, and they’ll assume the worst.” -Mark Yale

What was that about massive cash reserves? Here we have the ultimate in flexible ICE. Make a cheap one and pay for subroutines, or make a massive wall nobody can break through. Also, please note that this ICE will ALWAYS cost you cash, as it has no subroutines unless you pay for them, and they vanish at the end of turn.

3 Likes

It seems that FFG is getting better at designing advanceable ICE with what was revealed in the Flashpoint Cycle, so I wonder what other support the concept might still be getting.

Stepped Up Processors
Weyland Asset
Cost: 1 - Trash: 4 - Inf: 2

Whenever you advance a piece of ice, you may place a second advancement token on another piece of ice.

Maybe it wasn’t worth doing once, but twice is nice?

Interlinked Protocols
Weyland Upgrade
Cost: 1 - Trash 3 - Inf: 2

When the runner approaches a piece of ICE with 3 or more advancement counters during a run on this server, you may swap the approached piece of ICE with another piece of ICE with 3 or more advancement counters.

“With advances in interlinked ICE protocols, we can better target our responses to intrusion.”
-Richard Polasco, VP of Cyber-Security

2 Likes

Really like this one. However, I fear it may suffer the same fate as Constellation Protocol, as it requires you to, you know, advance ICE, a horribly inefficient thing to do. Maybe up the powerlevel by allowing you to put the extra Advancement counter on ANY ICE, rather than only “another”. This would make your advancing twice as powerful as normal, which they need, because it’s REALLY weak right now.

That’s one use of it. Because there’s no restriction on use, though, you could also return an ambush (say, Snare!) to HQ after the runner has committed to access. Are you factoring that possibility into the effect?

That said, I like the idea of Weyland shuffling things around to hide their agendas or make the runner wade through other cards. I had thoughts of an ICE that could pull something similar off with R&D, but it seems unfair to be able to put an Ambush on top after the runner’s last chance to avoid it.

Thanks! That was the intended effect be able to put the second advancement token on any piece of ice (even the one you just advanced) . Do you think I should add a clause stating “… even if that piece of ice cannot normally be advanced.” ?

Its not unique, which I think helps buff the power level if the corp had two or three out.

You’re “placing an advancement” on it, so the ICE already doesn’t need to be able to be advanced. See Constellation Protocol - you have to explicitly restrict the place ability if you want to nerf it.

Temp Agency
Resource, Criminal
Cost 1, Inf 2
Whenever the corporation creates a remote server, gain 1 credit.
The Muertos were always good at getting their people in just the right spots.

Play remote spam against me, will you? If I’ve got three of these out, that’s 3 credits per remote. Suddenly paying 5 to trash something hurts a bit less.

3 Likes