Imaginary Cards

Weyland Agenda 3/1

Do 3 Meat Damage When you score this agenda.

if the runner has less than 3 cards in their grip when this card is scored, the runner draws cards equal to the difference. Put X power counters on this card and it is worth X more points. X is the number of cards drawn by the runner in this manner.

3/1s have to be powerful, or else no one is going to put them in their decks, plain and simple. Either that or…

4/2 Neutral Agenda

Reduce the number of agenda points required in this deck by 1.

What is the last sentence supposed to mean? Where else is X defined? Do you mean that X is the number of cards drawn up by the runner?

2 Likes

Stockholm
●○○○○ (Criminal) 1c
Program - Virus
Install Stockholm only on an installed corp card.
Whenever the corp purges virus counters trash the host card.

[Untitled]
●○○○○ (Neutral)
Agenda - Initiative
1/1
When you score [Untitled] add one installed runner card to the runner’s score area as an agenda worth 1 point.
Limit 1 per deck

Please, make Stockholm cost more influence. 2, maybe even 3. Force Noise to INVEST, not just randomly splash it. Otherwise, I love the concept.

Yeah, bit of a gap there, thanks for that. I figure it’s too powerful to kill with, cause then it would be a straight up power creep compared to Vulcan Cover-up, but no one plays that card for a reason, no 3/1 needs an additional drawback. Even if this was limit one per deck, I’d for sure play it.

@Forktines
Please, no. I’ve just come to terms with accepting Noise as he currently is, there’s no way he wouldn’t splash this in every single deck ever made from here on out. Maybe if it were only installed on an unrezzed card, but then that thought kind of makes me sick too. No more than Val I guess, what with the prerezzing you’d have to do to prevent it, and it would be hilarious together with Clot, if you installed Stockholm on a SanSan City Grid. But yeah, the concept is great. Just way too OP for 1 inf for Noise. Now I’m thinking about Pheremones, and how great it would be to have that card with 10 counters on it for Gabe.

That being said.

Criminal Runner
40/15
Reduce the influence of all viruses you include in this deck by 1.
Reduce the cost of all viruses with a printed cost of 1 by 1 (until this card is broken by some heretofore unknown interaction)

Jinteki Operation. 0 cost. 2 inf

Prototype

Play only on an unrezzed piece of ice.

When this piece of ice is rezzed, it gains “cannot be trashed” +3 Str and 2 end the run subroutines and “as an additional cost to bypass this ice, the runner must pay 3 credits”.
Uninstall and shuffle host ice into R&D at end of the turn it was rezzed.

Just some Weyland ice thoughts.

Cheap anti-trash ice with some R&D protection, with a safety valve so the runner isn’t forced to, say, take a Snare!:
Stratum [2c]
Ice - Barrier
When Stratum is trashed while installed, add it to the top of R&D.
[Trash]: Add a card from HQ or Archives to the top of R&D. If you use this ability during a run, the runner may immediately jack out.
-> End the run.
Str 0
Weyland 3 inf.
“Sure it takes us forever to find something buried under a dozen layers of subfolders, but that means it takes them just as long, right?”

Some credit swings:
Premium Paywall [0c]
Ice - Advertisement - Code Gate
-> The corp may gain 2c. If they do, the runner gains 2c.
-> The runner loses 2c.
Str 0
Weyland 1 inf.

And something to work against (or not work as well for) high link runners:
Bouncer [4c]
Ice - Destroyer - Sentry - Tracer
When the runner encounters Bouncer, initiate a trace2. If the trace is successful, the runner breaks one of Bouncer’s subroutines.
-> The runner returns an installed non-virus program to his or her grip.
-> Trash 1 program.
-> End the run.
Str. 4
Weyland 3 inf.

1 Like

Musing on the weaknesses of Criminals and thinking of a way to easy their inf burden lead to this. I want more bypass in crim and something that lightens the load on their breaker suite by dealing with barriers. I know barrier are firmly Anarch’s thing but if they get Mimic and all the new denial Crim’s gonna need something.

Sidestep
●●○○○ (Criminal) 1c
Program - 1MU
When you encounter a barrier, you may pay 2c to bypass that ICE. The second time you use Sidestep during a turn, trash it.

Miiiiight be too strong. Either make the payment a higher static cost, or make it fluid based on the strength of the ICE or the number of subroutines. Because bypassing a Curtain Wall for 2 creds is kinda stronk…

1 Like

maybe per sub, but I’d still want criminal to have to pay more than 2 to get past anything but a wall of static. Curtain Wall being bypassed for 2 is just boogers. It’s already broken for 3 with d4v1d.

As a Blue Sun player, that matchup was definitely on my mind. In theory, this would hurt them the most but it’s not that bad. You have a lot of expensive barriers to stack, and Sidestep can’t kill an OAI’d Curtain Wall. At once per turn, it seems very easy to play around.

Something for Iain and criminals in general to deal with scary cards out of decks that aren’t planning to score.

Deep Undercover
●●●○○ (Criminal) 2c
Resource
Once per turn when you access a non-agenda card, you may add that card to the Corps score area as an agenda worth 1 point.
Your maximum hand size is increased by 1 for each agenda in the Corp’s score area.

3 Likes

I’ve had a similar idea for a card:

Selling Out
●●●○○ (Criminal) 0[credit]
Event
Gain 10 credits.
Add Selling out to the corp’s score area as an agenda worth 1 point.
“You gotta do what you gotta do.”

4 Likes

It’s scary to think about it paired with Faust

Everything is.

1 Like

Some love for Fisk. The idea is that it fires off of everything but the mandatory draw and click to draw, so that would include anything from using Anonymous Tip, Jackson Howard, Sensie Union, NeH ability and Agroplex on the corp side and Leramy Fisk and Fisk Investment seminare on the runner side. Not sure if it is worded appropriately. Combos with Ixodidae.

5 Likes

Seems like a good design. Side-by-side with Astrolabe suggests it’s probably safe at 1 to install and +1 MU

Good catch, definately needs +1 mu, I’ll edit that to the post. I put it at 3 since it has a bit more flexibility than Astrolabe to play a money denial strategy too.

Understandable. The missing MU was a bigger deal.

WOMAN IN THE RED DRESS HYPE

Yes! That would work too. She is also tutorable with Hostage that is in faction.