[Noise] Welcome (back) to the Church

I’m running Trope because I typically don’t need that much recursion to make it through the end of the game. Typically I can complete the mill, or at least fire off Hades Shard to close out the game, which I think is a more reliable means of winning than resetting with Levy.

What’s the general feeling about turntable in Noise? I’ve never had a chance to test it seriously but I know some ppl did a while ago.

Turntable is a very good console, but Grimoire’s ability to buff most viruses is too valuable to pass up. In addition, Noise typically needs 1-2MU to support his econ, which makes the 2MU on Grimoire quite valuable.

As I try to make a Noise deck that works better with Turntable than Grimoire, I most often find myself making an anarch deck that would work better out of another ID, and there are a lot of very good anarch ID’s to choose from.

Turntable is great! I have been playing standard Noise, just swapping the Grimoires for Turntables and have won two SCs with it. The wins are not purely due to the swap, and are mostly just because Noise is strong overall, but I have not truly missed the extra MU or the virus counter.

Here’s my list: Deckbuilder · NetrunnerDB

Yeah, TT is good, also helps the Fastro matchup, they score an APP you mill a few cards and can likely hit/have likely hit something to swap for the Astro token.

Made minor changes after MWL and went 3-1 (1 default win) at the ANRPC Örebro qualifier.

Making Some Noise (ANRPC Örebro Qualifier 1st)

Noise: Hacker Extraordinaire (Core Set)

Event (5)

Hardware (3)

Resource (11)

Icebreaker (4)

Program (22)

11 influence spent (max 15-4☆=11)
45 cards (min 45)
Cards up to Old Hollywood

Decklist published on NetrunnerDB.

2 Clot was king against fastrobiotics and trope was slightly useful against RP but might cut it for another card. Won against 2 NEH and 1 RP, got stonewalled against foodcoats. Needed to focus on building up early game more but didn’t and got rushed out easily.

I play really low on credits… Daily casts may be good but I never like installing them.

Never like DC in Noise,I play 3 Tech Writer and it feels much better.

My problem with Tech Writer is that it doesn’t pay off until late in the game, and with Noise you don’t honestly need very many credits when you have your engine set up. You’re naturally going to be making money as you’re installing Caches and Imps, and subsequently selling them. Getting 10+ credits late in the game doesn’t mean very much when you’re Fausting through servers and only using money to install viruses.

1 Like

You don’t need to using Tech Writer in the late game.In fact if you can install Tech Writer in the very first few turns it can be basically net you 4-6 credits when u need but low on cash.We are Noise,why do we care late game and why should we earn that much money :stuck_out_tongue:

But Tech Writer for 4-6 credits is far less efficient than Daily Casts. You’re getting 2-3 credits per click (one to install, one to recoup) & DC pays 5. Tech Writer makes sense at 8-10 installs, or if your list already has 3x Daily Casts & you want more econ.

2 Likes

I tried DC before,it’s solid,but often comes too early and a 3 credit hit is massive for Noise.Forgot to mention that my Tech build using Levy instead of 1CC so Tech Writer makes much more sense,but since I change to 1CC maybe I should take DC into consideration.Currently I still stick with Tech Writer but I’ll give DC a try.

With all the new good yellow cards, I’m quite struggling against any sort of NBN lately. What are your experiences, on a high level of play (top tables of store championships, top cuts), how does one beat yellow? Kill or no kill.

1 Like

Against kill, just make sure that a SanSan doesn’t slip through on the board and attack their HQ with Imp. They don’t have Biotic so as long as you keep the board clean there’s no way they can slip an Astro through. Attacking HQ lets you destroy cards like 24/7 and Scorched while sniping the agendas that inevitably pile up in there because they’re not going as lightning-fast as Fastro. Alternatively, if you can’t keep the SanSan off the table then keep them below 8 credits with Lamprey and forced rezzes until you have the resources to trash the SanSan. Count the influence and the kill cards. If you’ve Imped/milled two scorches and a Traffic Accident then there’s a very, very good chance that they can’t kill you until they Jackson them in AND draw them.

The FA matchup got much, much better since they can no longer fit in Architect. Nevertheless, it’s still a little bit of a Wyldside sweepstakes where your win becomes much easier if your opening hand has Wyldside. Early game try and check the remotes as you get set up, both to clear out any CVS threats and remove the SanSans, while still poking centrals to force rezzes and create Parasite targets. Get D4vid or Corroder out ASAP so you can get through the inevitable Wraparound gearcheck remote. Usually my out when I’m playing against FA is either through mill or medium dig. Once you get your ice destruction set up (some datasucker tokens with a couple parasites in the trash for Deja Vu or CC) there’s very little NBN can do to keep you out of R&D.

The biggest mistake I see people make when playing against yellow is not keeping track of where their agendas are. Based on how late in the game it is, how many cards you’ve milled, and how long ago it was that they scored, you should be able to get a pretty good handle of where the majority of their agendas likely are. Go steal them!

1 Like

WRT to techwriter, you need a much varied version of Noise from the standard version, and at that point, its just not as good as the other version. I like to run Sahasrara, lots of MU (djinn and memstrips) with incubator, and then vamp. Never run RnD until the corp lets incubators go too long, crack tech writer, vamp, then plow into RnD.

Mine ended up a little like this: http://netrunnerdb.com/en/deck/view/485223 and it worked okay

2 Likes

What you said makes sense, but not all of it at the same time :smile:

First of all, getting into HQ repeatedly is a pain. Their ice is really really bad for me as Noise. Even if I do have a free reign on HQ, it’s hard to thin out their HQ and keep the board clean of Sansans and whatever asset spam they employ, not to mention an occasional CVS i will bump into during my accesses.

I’m getting a corroder in to help with wraparounds, but even that will not guarantee anything, I’ll just hope to draw it soon enough.

Anyone has some recent videos of the matchup?

Rnd pressure, 2 mediums in the deck and luck. Anything else depends on the draw imho. Still, not one of the best match ups for noise unless they do not find the wraparounds.

One thing I’ve been experimenting with (a little) is to have turntable. I hate installing grimoire anyway, and doubly so vs NEH.

2 Likes

Vamp Noise with MemStrips.God I have to play this,how does it work?

slow and inconsistent. But good for a laugh and some surprise. If your opponent cant figure out what you’re doing with a 15 credit tech writer you can usually blow them out and medium dig hard.

Did anybody try Career Fair instead of CC or Levy? Daily Casts, Wyldside and the pancake lady could all be installed without the 2-3 cred tempo hit (-1 cred for a lucky peddler).