Official Rules Question Thread

Hyperdriver + Data Folding.

If you have 0 Memory, and then trash Hyperdriver at the start of your turn to go down to 3 memory, does Data Folding trigger?

Then you could also get it back with Adjusted Chronotype, which would make the directive pretty nuts, IMO.

Yes, it does. Every card you have installed at “When your turn begins”-trigger is resolved in the order you choose. If you decide to trash Hyperdriver first and then resolve Data Folding, you do get the credit. There’s no such trigger as “When your turn begins and you have at least 2 free MU”, it’s just “When your turn begins”.

This is almost the same question as #2 earlier today. :smile:

1 Like

I wasn’t sure if it checked all their conditions all at the same time. The way they do it is weird from a programattic perspective which is why I was asking.

So can I trigger Order of Sol after Drug Dealer if I start the turn broke, or do I have to immediately lose my credit?

See Exploring a Stalling Metagame: Nasir Meidan StimShop by El-Ad David Amir - #251 by Crunchums
(but you don’t lose the credit immediately - you could still spend it at step 1.1)

Dangit, searched the wrong thread again. I was thinking of going the other way with it, but Nasir seems like a good idea.

yeah, Order of Sol isn’t “triggered” per se; it’s a constant ability which is always “checking,” even in the middle of resolving another card like sure gamble.

If the Runner trashes a Worlds Plaza with a Ronald Five out, and some assets are hosting on the Plaza, do they lose clicks for the Hosted cards being trashed too? Does the Runner trashing a hoster count as them trashing the hostees?

Even better, what if the Ronald Five is hosted on the Worlds Plaza being trashed?

1 Like

The game trashes hosted items.

1 Like

Exposed on the trap card - does this mean the only time the runner will take the damage is when the card is exposed (looked at) with their card etc. Does it not do damage when it is rezzed on a run?

Wording has me confused sorry.

Sorry, can you say what card in particular you mean? I’m missing the context here

Sorry. I was on about

This question should be clarified and posted here:

2 Likes

Dollars to donuts he’s asking about “its a trap”

Expose refers to the very specific effect of revealing a card because another card effect said to expose it (infiltration, silhouette, snitch). Rezzing the card, having it flipped while its in archives, or being accessed in hq / R&D do not count as exposing the card.

In the current meta, this card is trash, since no-one plays expose effects.

Just to be sure :
If I have Neutralize All Threats in play : Neutralize All Threats · NetrunnerDB and with my first click, I run Archives where there are plenty cards with trash cost. Will that access count as the first access for the Directive though I cannot trash cards in Archives ?

Yes that’s correct. “The first card with a trash cost you access” only refers to the first card with a trash cost you access no matter where you access it from. It can never refer to the second, third, hundredth card with a trash cost you access on a turn. It doesn’t say “the first card with a trash cost you can pay that you access each turn”, so this is a valid way to avoid that part of the card (just like accessing an operation in Archives wastes Kim’s ability or installing a card ignoring install costs wastes Kate’s ability).

4 Likes

Thank you very much.

Any news on a Chronos Protocol/Titanium Ribs ruling yet?

Also, I assume that if the first net damage dealt by Chronos Protocol deck is prevented via Feedback Filter/Net Shield/Monolith that subsequent net damage that turn will not trigger the Chronos Protocol ability (from the Net Shield/Tori Hanzo precedent)?

1 Like

No ruling on Titanium Ribs yet.

However, Chronos says “the first net damage suffered”, so it specifically works around prevention and applies to the first damage the runner actually takes.

4 Likes