3. r
  4. a
  5. s
  6. i
  7. t
  8. e
  9. knowing what breaker they need
8 Likes

There are often situations where you can figure out which of your face-down ice your opponent knows about, based on your past behaviour. But more unavoidable is the issue of paying money up front instead of reactively. And if it’s not an anti-facecheck ice, it’s often something that will make the runner just jack out, in turn meaning the cred you save with bootcamp is negated by the click the runner saves to run.

I’ll bootcamp anyway for corner case reasons such as having a second face-down ice on the same server, and/or setting up a play on my remote to force the runner’s hand in running it (they also have to know already what the ice is in this case), and/or having enough money that fronting some isn’t an issue.

1 Like

I’m glad to see that I’m not the only person who constantly reverses the order of entering their decklists. (Seriously, though, FFG. I think people are more likely to write their corp deck first. :/)

1 Like

Thanks @hhooo and @bblum, I appreciate responses from strong players like yourselves (then again most 3 year-olds are probably strong next to me :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:).

curious how @pacer felt after the tournament about running the three PADs and 1 MHC instead of the other way around? obvi Kate is less likely to trash installed or R&D PADs, but they’ll still get wrecked by a Desperado’d/Scrubber’d/SecTesting Andy while setting you back a cred.

I played 3 MHC 2 Pads 2 Celeb Gifts at the store champs I won with RP. Dan called me crazy, but it was Grail RP and I didn’t necessarily want to be showing that off in the first few turns. It worked well. The sweet spot in trash desirability is between 3 and 4 credits, I’ve found. 4 creds to trash often feels like much more of a tough choice to make.

I feel like it’s a similar situation to PAD vs Marked.

The conclusion I usually come to is that, in practice, Marked can be better than PAD or PAD can be better than MHC because people are reluctant to trash them, but on good play, it’s rare you should trash one and not the other and you’re better off playing the more powerful card, (MHC in this case), because when you come up against very strong players they’re going to trash regardless and you are much better off if they’re -$3 and you’re +$1 as opposed to them being -$4 and you -$1, (trading $2 for the runner’s $1 is not something you often want to be doing).

Also, the RP ability can add a click to the trash cost if the runner doesn’t have a profitable central run to make, so the functional trash costs are slightly higher, making the lower trash asset relatively slightly better than if you were playing some other ID.

That being said, the best players will often run your unrezzed naked asset because it’s pretty much for sure Jackson or MHC, and if they do that it’s kind of a breakeven between the two.

2 Likes

Winning deck lists from the UK Oxford regional

Corp
NEH - Tricked out for Clot (1st Oxford Regional 09/05/2015)

Near-Earth Hub: Broadcast Center

Agenda (11)
3x AstroScript Pilot Program
2x Breaking News
3x NAPD Contract
3x Project Beale

Asset (11)
3x Blacklist
2x Daily Business Show
3x Jackson Howard
3x Marked Accounts

Upgrade (4)
2x Cyberdex Virus Suite
2x SanSan City Grid

Operation (8)
3x Shipment from SanSan
3x Sweeps Week
2x Trick of Light ••••• •

Barrier (4)
2x Ice Wall ••
2x Wraparound

Code Gate (8)
1x Builder •
2x Enigma
3x Pop-up Window
2x Wormhole ••••

Sentry (2)
2x Nebula ••••

Other (1)
1x Mother Goddess

17 influence spent (max 17)
20 agenda points (between 20 and 21)
49 cards (min 45)
Cards up to Breaker Bay

Deck built on http://netrunnerdb.com.

Runner
Kate - PPVP (1st @Oxford UK Regional 09/05/2015)

Kate “Mac” McCaffrey: Digital Tinker

Event (18)
3x Diesel
3x Dirty Laundry
1x Legwork ••
1x Levy AR Lab Access
3x Lucky Find ••••• •
2x Scavenge
3x Sure Gamble
2x The Maker’s Eye

Hardware (10)
2x Astrolabe
3x Clone Chip
1x Plascrete Carapace
3x Prepaid VoicePAD
1x R&D Interface

Resource (4)
2x Professional Contacts
2x Same Old Thing

Icebreaker (8)
1x Atman
2x Cerberus “Lady” H1
1x Cyber-Cypher
1x Deus X
1x Gordian Blade
1x Mimic •
1x Sharpshooter

Program (6)
1x Clot ••
2x Datasucker ••
1x Parasite ••
2x Self-modifying Code

15 influence spent (max 15)
46 cards (min 45)
Cards up to The Valley

Deck built on http://netrunnerdb.com.

I pre-rezzed a bit today.

Oh, yeah. Backing up my bullshite, I took down a Wisconsin regional. 32 people, hardened by battle, including 4 Top 32 Worlds 2014 kids.

11 Likes

The EBC package is real, and probably makes for the best RP lists at the moment. This (very similar) list got me second at the Oxford Regionals yesterday and EBC is so, so good. I’m less sold on Cortex Lock the more I play with it, but at the same time, I don’t want to pay 6 for a Tsurugi some games, so maybe it’s just the best of a bad bunch.

2 Likes

That Kate description is the truest two sentences I’ve seen about ANR in a while

6 Likes

I strike to the heart.

1 Like

Pfft, official source or it didn’t happen. :wink:

What decks did you see? Did you get good value out of your clot?

1 Like

NEH was second most represented, but didn’t see it until the finals. I dropped the OCTGN noise for ‘Wait!’ (BONKBONKBONK) on Jens when I wanted to Clot. He didn’t get it, but returned the favour when he Blacklisted.

7 Likes

We have a player in our meta who does the Psi game jingle whenever there’s a Psi game he’s involved in. Makes one seriously reconsider RP…

2 Likes

Wait, everyone doesn’t “do do do” when they hit future perfect?

3 Likes

Do you know if they were butcher-shop or FA?

Congrats on the win! You should convince @aandries to post his CT Rachel Beckman/PE decks. Both seemed enjoyable and quality decks

3 Likes

Gratz! How did the Crick combo go? :wink:
How many times did you get punched in the face?

1 Like