SHL3 Setup

That would be such a huge help; I think being able to mark who you played based off of the name on OCTGN is just the nice thing to do.

I agree with all of you, and that’s what I did for SHL2. But if someone wishes to contact me, they won’t know who I am on these here forums. I suppose this problem will be solved when Challenge Board adds the bio feature.

Make an Almotasim on ChallengeBoards/OCTGN?

What about the amazing, hard-earned reputation of my existing OCTGN nick, though? Wouldn’t wanna lose that, would I!

Don’t even know that guy. :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

We’re live

@Almotasim: make a challengeboard nick with your octgn nick and your forum nick: Almotasim/OCTGN nick

2 Likes

How do you guys change your avatar in the challenge boards site?

1 Like

Is one side really stronger than any other consistently? I feel that this ebbs and flows as new cards are released, and I’m not really sure if after O&C, if anyone thinks one side is particularly favorable.

I can’t say for other people but my own win ratio between my corp and my runner deck was pretty close. Both around 68-70% win with more than 150 games played. And it was before O&C. So in my opinion, the Corp/runner balance was pretty close during the 2nd league.

1 Like

https://en.gravatar.com/

2 Likes

I’ve found the corp side to be stronger for a good amount of time now. Its possible that I’m better playing as corp than runner - I certainly felt more comfortable corping as a new player and it took a while for my runner game to get anywhere near. But I feel like runners are stretched very thin in all the different corp archetypes they have to deal with and tech against - parasites for RP, speed and substantial R&D pressure for NEH, feedback filter for PE, god knows what for Blue sun, something for IT department, whereas corps can just play a nice varied ice suite and be fine. This is starting to change with Order and Chaos - Valencia in particular can make it hard to score in a remote without specific counters to her, but sadly this seems to just make NEH even better. I’ve yet to face a new anarch that poses any more of a challenge than before to NEH, but I’m open to the possibility.

Just play Kate =D

Agreed, but I’m going to be looking at targeting that NEH match up with my future builds. Icemelt+medium is probably sufficient with a little wanton.

If someone writes the code for Glicko(2?) for challengeboards, I’m sure the author would be happy to accept a pull request and put it on the live site.

2 Likes

@db0 can we use SHL3 as a OCTGN game marker?

Of course.

I did an internet search for alternative software. I found an excel extention for chess that we could use. It was not 100% accurate, because you could only report one match and not a double.

However, did we reach a conclusion on the system? ELO, Glicko, Glicko2? Which variables?

I’ll look into Challenge Boards’ code as @db0 suggested. No promises though, not much spare time here (especially now when I play in the league :wink:).

So https://rankade.com/ seems a valid alternative. We can set up a league with double matches (report corp and runner matches at once) and it has a great algoritm.

How would you guys feel about using it?

3 Likes

Do you have any information beyond what’s (not) on their info page? If so, where can I find it? Particularly interested in anything with some degree of mathematical relevance, rather than truism-filled PR texts.