2014 World Championship Report: 1st Place

You can count me in. Will try to get a few others from Brighton involved.

As a veteran of many many Blood Bowl tournaments (including heading to North America for three of them) I can highly recommend a trip out there.

It would be nice if they split the tournaments over 2 weekends and we can make a 10 day trip of it. If the fields get even bigger it seems like they need more time and space to dedicate to the larger attended games. Then a few days during the week to go do some other stuff (or hang around and play other games in the centre) to maximise the expense of the flights.

If we have enough of us we may be able to get a group deal. I’ll keep my eyes peeled for any good deals and post on netrunners uk forum, I best start saving up!

1 Like

We know it will be a kitten card.

1 Like

54MMY
Criminal Runner 40/15
(Hyperintelligent Cyborg Kitten)
At the beginning of your turn, choose randomly between HQ, R&D, and Archives. Make a run on that server.

11 Likes

I dunno, a Cyborg Kitten sounds much more like an Anarch to me. They’re not in it for profit, just to mess with you.

I would love to make the trip. I’ll have an 11 month old son (and a 3 year old), so it probably won’t happen next year. If I win nationals I might be able to go. I’m targeting 2016 realistically. Hopefully there’s still Netrunner in 2016. Perhaps there will be a Euros that will be less ridiculous to get to. I hope so.

Attending FFG worlds weekend is definitely on my list of things to do at least once.

If the corp installed a card last turn, your first click must be to run the server that card is installed in / protecting.

“What’s that?!”

7 Likes

Actually, the idea of a cat runner that you can’t control is a pretty good one, I think. I might run with this. The trick will almost certainly be balancing the power of the ability (making sure it is beneficial more often than not), and that might have more to do with the future card pool than how the stats of the actual card.

I’ll keep this one in mind when I talk to Lukas.

“we cannot hope to control our animal instincts, only comprehend them.”

3 Likes

LOLcat digital runner?

GIFs gone wild.

2 Likes

Hmmm… A cat with thick glasses, blond hair… An asshole cat :wink:

In the tradition of putting the champ on the art of the card, I was thinking that I could be pictured as a bioroid “owner” behind the cat with a blank stare and some sort of brain-computer interface that the cat uses to control me.

6 Likes

is the run for this meant to be free, or spending a click? guessing free, since there’s not much advantage to it otherwise! also, good combo with doppelganger

The ANR equivalent of this.

Honestly, if I could make a card, it would be an ID. Nothing affects the game more than those cards, and as a Runner, you could inject your persona the most into it.

With that in mind, Architect seems perfect for Zwirn.

2 Likes

Here’s another suggestion, inspired by seeing you playing on the streams. :wink:

Corporate shuffle.
Corp can derez any cards installed in remotes and centrals. Then picks up any number of facedown cards installed in servers, and redistributes them as desired.
“If you do it fast enough, no one will even notice.”

3 Likes

Are you based in the UK as well?

You need to choose a different name:

2 Likes

Obvious counter:

Weyland Upgrade : Laser Matrix

2 Rez / 5 Trash

The runner can only initiate a run on this on their last click.

“Keep chasing the red dot…”

54MMY
Criminal Runner 40/15
(Hyperintelligent Cyborg Kitten)
Once per turn paw at your dice. This is your new credit total.

10 Likes

An NBN ICE Cat Videos, cannot be broken by AI, sub if the runner has an AI installed lose one click.
Inspired by computers luv them some cat vids

For a game that takes place largely on the internet, there are not nearly enough cats. I think there are more snakes than cats. That is obviously fucked.

5 Likes