6-Agenda Harmony Medtech "Kinda Glacier"

GFI means the runner has to get two TFP or 1 TFP and 2 GFI (or 3 GFI!), whereas the corp only needs to score 2 of any agenda. If you’re building 6-agenda Medtech, there’s really not a better choice.

4 Likes

I think a Utopia Fragment instead of the third GFI would be viable? I suppose it depends on whether you can win TFP psi-games…

GFI basically enables the deck’s existence outside of janky shikyu/news team shenanigans. It does sound like you’re speaking from lack of experience with the deck; I encourage you to try out a couple different builds (maybe try a mushin ambush version and a glacier version).

1 Like

I’ve been playing around with Medtech since GFI came out, and I never used Eli. Crutch card.

Hard Times, Daddeh

Harmony Medtech: Biomedical Pioneer (Honor and Profit)

Agenda (6)

Asset (6)

Upgrade (8)

Operation (9)

Barrier (3)

Code Gate (5)

Sentry (7)

12 influence spent (max 12)
18 agenda points (between 18 and 19)
44 cards (min 40)
Cards up to Data and Destiny

Deck built on NetrunnerDB.

That list is crazy, but I’m not sure if I’m more surprised by the x3 Melange or by the x2 Roto.

1 Like

Why not both?

Had Roto in pre-MWL, FWIW.

1 Like

Because that’s how mutual exclusivity works :stuck_out_tongue:

Nice! How has it been working?

1 Like

Good. I think more Destroyer targets for Batty can convey threats everywhere. Also, with hopefully slightly less Parasite/CC, they may live a second longer.

I think cutting back the MMC is a good idea. Is CVS necessary?

Have you thought about Launch Campaign? It’s nice to fill your scoring server for a few turns, and a tiny bit more resilient in R&D.

1 Like

Roto + batty is a delicious interaction, seems like it could be especially worth it in new MWL environment. Kind of excited since this deck actually loses nothing and gains a lot from runner restrictions–been thinking about dusting it off after giving up for a while.

MMC seems like it could be really good–helps you burst up to a super server quickly which is awesome. I always worried about econ not being able to support Ash but i guess in practice we don’t need to improve the trace much and getting the double upgraded server earlier is pretty key. I’ll definitely be trying MMC over medical research fundraiser.

I don’t think Launch Campaign will work well. I tried it out briefly but I think it’s a bit weird with how our scoring tempo works–early game we don’t have enough protection to keep LC going and can get denied our starting econ, and later in the game we need to jam agendas in as soon as we get them so it can often end up using up the scoring server for too long for too little value. MMC suffers a bit from these concerns too which is why i never played around with it, but I think the raw pay off is a bit better even just from hanging around 1 turn.

Grim and inazuma seem a bit unwieldy. Inazuma has really good efficiency but the positional issues with it always made it feel worse than lotus field–same with Grim, just seems a bit too rare it all works out compared to the times we have issues with our ice placement. How have they fared in testing for you?

1 Like

Inazuma is funky. An old pet card of mine. Grim is better, and works with Batty. I think it a lighter CC world, it will be better.

Roto is back baby,remember the old days we just shoot down their rigs!

Rototurret is awesome here. Deck needs some bite with Marcus and either Rototurret or Assassin provides that.
I like Assassin more because it’s influence-free.

In my experience, Melange is meh. Too slow.

GFI is an absolute must. In so many games I played, I only saw the runner steal 2 TFP once. TFP is much harder to steal. So playing 3 GFI means runner has to steal 3 agendas when you need to score just 2 )

On the MWL issue, Eli is easy to lose. It’s just a piece of tax and provider of EtR for Marcus. I would just keep 2-3 Himitsu-Bako for gearcheck purposes and get a second Tollbooth instead of Elis

I just took 3rd place at a 32-player SC with a Harmony deck, and I’d like to share it in case anyone wants it. Performed very well, and when you get rolling, you win. The only games I lost were when my tempo was down.

Agenda (6)

Asset (6)

Upgrade (6)

Operation (9)

Barrier (5)

Code Gate (5)

Sentry (5)

Multi (2)

12 influence spent (max 12)
44 cards (min 40)
Cards up to Data and Destiny

Deck built on NetrunnerDB.

3 Likes

A 6-agenda Medtech list took down the Victory Point Cafe store champs in Berkeley, CA yesterday: Faust is the Disease (5-1 Victory Point Store Champs 1st) · NetrunnerDB

Just tons of taxing ICE , Caprice, Interns, & operation economy.

A note on that version of the deck, Hive is really really great in this archetype and should be taken seriously, that being said, I’m cutting one for 2 Crisium Grid, and changing up a few other small things going forward.

3 Likes

That’s a great point, because you rarely have a hard time scoring the second one if you score one at all, and it never actually goes blank. I think I’ll cut some of my ice for it.

I understand why the GFI + Future Perfect version of this deck is the most common way to build this.

Since that build is so dependent on Batty & Caprice to score, though, is there a version of this deck that tries to get to 6 via the more traditional path of scoring 2 point agendas?

I observe in a lot of my games with other Corps, I can often get to six points but stall out before getting to seven. Now, that is probably due in part to the fact that my opponents know that I need seven to win and not six, but I do wonder if there is a Harmony Medtech agenda suite that tries to use FA and Never Advance rather than forcing through 5/3s.

I’ve not tested this deck at all, but here is one idea in that direction:

Harmony Medtech

Agenda (8)

Asset (6)

Upgrade (1)

Operation (14)

Barrier (5)

Code Gate (5)

Sentry (5)

12 influence spent (max 12, available 0)
44 cards (min 40)
Cards up to Quorum

1 Like

An agenda suite for 2-pointers I quite like for Harmony Medtech is:

3 Braintrust
3 Medical Breakthrough
1 Philotic Enganglement
1 Merger
1 of a 4/2 of your choice, or, if you are feeling bold, a second Merger

I’m not sure exactly where I got the idea to use Merger in Harmony Medtech, but I think it was this decklist.

I don’t really love GFI in Harmony Medtech if you are on the 2-pointer plan. I think you are going to find yourself in a lot of positions where you need to awkwardly score out a 5/3 for your fifth, sixth, and seventh agenda point. And your opponent can still score a Braintrust, a Philotic, and a GFI and win the game!

Your agenda suite has some cool features, such as a very low agenda density, but I really worry that there are only four agendas in your whole deck you especially want to score!

5 Likes