7-Point Shutdown: How to Lose Friends and Alienate People

You can ignore Leela as long as you don’t score the 1st agenda with the second one, (or more than one jackson) on the board. Most versions of this combo have that flexibility.

Gotcha, can’t believe I didn’t think of that.

I’m not sure the benefit of almost assuring that the Runner has to steal 3 agendas to win is outweighed by the increase in agenda count by 1. I don’t know how to do the math to compare number of Runner accesses needed so I don’t know which might be better.

Also you now have one less 5/3 to draw for the combo but you can FA Vitruviuses from hand. Not sure if Efficiency Committee is a feasible alternative.

Also, having only 2xSfSS means you either get them out of your hand before the combo starts or pay 4 credits (AD-Biotic Labour) as replacement to play the SfSS. I wonder whether the potential increase in credit cost for the combo slows it down more than having the third copy of Power Shutdown speeds it up.

Also you can still score with the old combination of cards in hand as with 3xSfSS as long as you pay 6 credits for Biotic Labour and 2 advancements instead of the third SfSS. Previous versions of the combo didn’t have this flexibility because they used Efficiency Committee. So disregarding credit cost, I believe the requirements for scoring should be:
1 PS
1 AD
1 BL
4 cards out of (3xJH, 1x5/3, 1x6/4, 1xSfMM)
^ Biotic Labour + Archived Memories is substitutable for any required card that happens to be in Archives.

@mediohxcore To avoid Leela your last AD has to be Interns for the 5/3, SfSS x2. That means you can’t use SfMM to install the 5/3 earlier on. That usually means an additional requirement in credits/cards for most card combinations in hand, so Leela is not totally toothless.

I don’t know either. I want to alter my previous simulations to figure this out. Average values aren’t going to be hugely helpful here, as variance will be a significant argument either way. The simulation has to be relatively intelligent, however, so it isn’t trivial. I’ll see if I can find the time to do this this weekend. If I do, I’ll write the next QuantANR article on CI.

The questions are three-fold:

1. When can you combo out? This must consider credits in addition to combo-pieces.
  2. How many accesses does the runner require to score out.
  3. How often does the runner score enough agendas that scoring one additional agenda will win them the game before you combo out?

The last case is important. At a tournament I ran into this situation 3/5 times. The correct thing for the runner to do is to not run at that point until they can do a single turn of all of the HQ accesses. If you can feed them another agenda to force the run, then you can combo out the next turn. So how often is this not an option?

Did you guys see the new Haarpsichord Power shutdown / Accelerated Diagnostics deck? Go for Hades combo:

2 Likes

I did see that one. Haven’t had a chance to test it yet but seems interesting enough. Film critic opens up the runner win condition quite a bit thou (as does being stupidly high on credits [enough that 3x explod-a-paloza doesn’t open a midseasons window])
It’s definitely an interesting take on the concept thou.

Interesting, but really risky. You don’t have the massive hand size to afford you more protection for your agendas you draw, so it seems like if you don’t draw into your combo quickly things get hard. Film critic shuts it down hard, since it doesn’t give a fuck about Haarpsichord’s ability, and Clot makes things hard too. Also, if the runner manages to get n+3 points on you, the combo doesn’t really do anything for you unless you can win the game with it that turn, since the runner will be stealing agendas at the same rate you are and will be scoring them before you do.

Isn’t the trick that if they go for archives you gain 10-15 € and can midseason /psycho/beale them with AD?

I agree that is risky and when they got clot, film critic or 2 or more agendapoints you could certainly lose.

I haven’t tested Haarpsichord but it seems worse on paper.

Aside from losing to Film Critic or losing to them already having 5 points and just running Archives, you get to lose to random stuff like Fisk Investment Seminar?

Yep. There are other better routes to go with Shutdown combos in NBN right now.

How though? Eden shard and Fisk both make you lose, but harpsichord has built in protection from the other shenanigans, and when you shutdown your whole deck, you should be able to find a cyberdex or snatch and grab to defeat the counter. Then you ONLY need to worry about protecting archives and HQ. Maybe it’s time to put faith in caprice?