A Netrunner Player Survey - Results Completed

i tipe gud

1 Like

i think the remote spam decks are worse than the DLR ones, but they both are probably a fad and will be watered down as time passes,i hope.If they stay in a big impactful they seem really “toxic” for the game, in small numbers and new strategies are of course more than welcome

The biggest problem for me is to keep the faction unique characteristics unique, and not having all the factions able to do all the things/strategies as effectively (whic is why i dont really like remote spamming,every corp can do it now) but maybe im wrong, im really new to the game (3months)

Really? We’ve got Near Earth Hub and Haarpsichord for ID’s that support it, tons of assets, upgrades, and even Diversified Portfolio to make it work… I think the potential for extremely horizontal decks was designed intentionally, and it seems like they aren’t going anywhere.

Give it time, grim. It’s a function of the dominant runner decks as well.

Also the spam is not the same, there are differences between the corps :slight_smile:

DLR wasn’t designed intentionally? Paparazzi, and the protection resources etc

Jinteki can also Industrial Genomics remote spam(no shell games), HB can remote spam weyland with gagarin etc. Team sponsorship is a great card but at 1 influence it just opens so many strategies(1 for all and all for one) ,not that it’s bad,but imagine a meta
without ice ,just remote spams, i just don’t like that direction, at all yeah it’s a hyperbole but the idea just irritates me , it feels like a plague :stuck_out_tongue:

it’s nice as a possibility, it’s nice to be viable, not nice to “replace” ice decks or be the norm

what if remote/non ice/reallylowice decks become “better” than ice decks? it’s a bit scary to think ,that’s all ,annoys me a bit, sorry if i can’t express it right xD

@mykonian yeah i don’t want to sound as a doomsayer, i just don’t like that direction, yeah i think it will turn out ok for the most part, but the spam isn’t really that different :stuck_out_tongue:

scrubber is 1 influence as well :wink:

2 Likes

That sort of deck needs to deal with (a) desperado (and criminal style running econ in general) and (b) not losing on R&D. I don’t think horizontal play is a huge deal. Team Sponsorship is a huge deal though. I like it, it’s a good card that empowers going quickly. It’s good that it’s 1 influence.

3 Likes

@mykonian yeah i know there are many counters ,keyhole, scrubber, hq/rd pressure

but if a competitive iceless deck, or near iceless makes it to the top it will surely annoy me , it kind of just feels wrong. xD

but we are a living card game, drastic changes shouldn’t annoy me, im just coming from a magic(al) world…that is. :smiley:

it’s true that it’s better that sponsorship is 1 to be available for everybody,but it feels like jackson, it’s too good for 1 influence ,maybe that’s my problem in the end

The alternative is to have all decks be broadly similar in composition. Which is surely way worse.

4 Likes

i’ll just have to accept remote spam as a real deck then,meeeh ,like dlr ,noise for everyone! yey…?

If undefended remotes have become more popular, is it perhaps somewhat to do with criminals being less popular that they used to be (since everyone and their mum seem to be playing either Kate or some brand of Anarch at the moment)? One strong argument against building your Corporate strategy aroundICE-less remotes used to be that it played right into the hands of the hordes of Desperado-fuelled, Security-testing criminal punks.

2 Likes

I haven’t seen or played one yet. The closest I’ve seen is a CT Bagbiter deck that uses Bagbiter/Game Day/Faust and MO to build up hand size following the Bag play.

If you know it’s coming, it sounds like it’s time to go fast and go hard. But otherwise, I think it’s a case for including more runner disruption cards in your decks - something I’ve been a fan of, but it otherwise just isn’t quite there.

Hey bro, where’s all that data you promised us?

Almost done. Have the graphs, need to find time to make it presentable. Took a while to parse, there were over 1000 responses.

2 Likes

Here are the completed results. There’s an introduction that has some notes about the data as well as a link to the raw data (after some edits that accidentally got copied back into raw, I screwed up). Lemme know if you have any questions. Thank you to everyone who participated.

19 Likes

In fact there are a good number of players in China,they just can’t use Google,you know…

Yeah, I realize that now. I’ll be looking at more inclusive options next time.

We have an ever growing base of players here in Korea too, few of which likely heard about the survey.

Is there a good way to reach the Korean playerbase? I’m happy to expand distribution in the future, and I’d like to catch as many people as possible.

I’ll try to spread the word around more the next time it comes up. I might be able to find someone willing to translate.

1 Like