Aggressive Negotiation: Fighting Games

Ah ha, that’s interesting. If you’re looking for something that doesn’t require you to know special moves and stuff, play rising thunder (which is an online game, so you understand my earlier confusion) on pc, otherwise -THAT DOES NOT COMPUTE-

Not for long. Riot acquired Radiant and they’re getting rid of RT.

@prozz Pocket Neon City Rumble looks promising. Beyond that yeah, Yomi and Battlecon are the main ones. I like Yomi a lot more, but Battlecon is good.

1 Like

just found exceed by level99games. not yet released tho, but kickstarter looks good.

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/level99games/exceed-card-fighting-evolution

Does anyone have an opinion of 1 frame links?

I bought SFV after randomly watching Final Round 19. Been out of fighting games for a long, long time, but it really sucked me in so I ended up building my own fight pad. Went with the “hitbox” style as it’s a bit more intuitive for me

http://s9.postimg.org/ayavmqczz/KIMG0151.jpg

Climbed up to ultra bronze so far playing only Dhalsim, but I’m get matched up with people way out of my weight class and I’m starting to run into the rage quitter problem now. It’s soured me a little bit, as well as how quiet and secretive the community at large seems to be, and the general lack of content in the game currently so I just picked up MK XL.

It plays really clunky in comparison, but at least it’s loaded with crap to do, and punishes people who rage quit.

1 Like

MKX focuses on mindgames and fun match ups, the combos aren’t too difficult to learn or execute, and there’s a way to break out of a combo that depends on how active you are during the fight. It definitely has more content than SFV, but I believe single player content gets stale after a while anyway, so I am totally biased on this. But I do believe the fighting system in MKX is just as deep and compelling as any high level Street Fighter match can produce.

Also, totally biased again. Alien vs Predator

I’m not even close to the mind games level with MKX yet, I seriously just got it today haha. I’m definitely going to be diving in though.

It’s just visually, and at times mechanically, it feels way more stiff and jerky compared to SFV. Probably more to do with the art style and all of the juggling combos.