An Entire Article About Street Peddler

Yeah, consensus is he was over-nerfed into the realm of unplayable. Could have been 0-1 inf.

Oh God I thought he was 1 Inf

12 Likes

Taking inspiration from DONUTS!, L4J, and adding in Peddler, we get the following…

Good Ol’ Donut

Whizzard: Master Gamer

Event (2)
2 Hostage••••

Hardware (5)
2 Clone Chip••••
2 Grimoire
1 Net-Ready Eyes••

Resource (23)
2 Adjusted Chronotype
3 Armitage Codebusting
3 Daily Casts
2 Donut Taganes••••
1 Human First
1 Ice Carver
2 Kati Jones
3 Liberated Account
3 Street Peddler
3 Wyldside

Icebreaker (7)
2 Corroder
1 Knight
2 Mimic
2 Yog.0

Program (8)
2 Datasucker
2 Medium
1 Nerve Agent
3 Parasite

Where’s your donut, man ?

1 Like

You say Maxx is about the only Anarch that doesn’t want Peddler in the deck, but what about switching the IHW for Peddlers in RegAss? Add a Plascrete also if there are a lot of kill decks in the meta.

Basically, IHW is not a card I play in 100% of my matches as Maxx, whereas I’d definitely pop every Peddler I hit just to get the instant install bonus.

1 Like

Now I know why it seemed so easy to fit him in before. :wink:

Fixed. Human First could be a Utopia Shard if you wanted to use that last Inf.

Street Peddler hitting 3 cards that you’ll never install is the same as playing a Diesel and hitting three duds. Street Peddler isn’t anti synergy with a deck full of those cards because we’d have to see them at some point regardless

This is not quite true. There is still a slight antisynergy because Street Peddler’s effect is reduced to “discard the top 3 cards of your deck” rather than other, potentially more beneficial uses. If you have a deck with more unique copies, you are slightly increased the chance of encountering this antisynergy, weakining the card’s effect. It’s still good, just not as good as it could be otherwise (Which you may recognize as the necessary and sufficient condition for antisynergy).

‘Not as good as it could be otherwise’ doesn’t make a card’s inclusion in a deck any worse. Datasucker isn’t as good as it could be if you don’t have Grimoire and Parasite in your deck, but that isn’t an argument against playing it in Criminal.

The difference between drawing cards you don’t want and having them under Peddler does exist, but it is very limited. Damage is about the only thing that will usually come up. That said I should have mentioned Damage in the article, because it is a small strike against Peddler.

1 Like

Honestly, in MaxX it seems like it’s a lot like paying a click for a second use of her ability in a turn, with the added benefit of instant install. I might try it as a 1-of and see how it plays.

Dat Stimshop deck doh. It has everything I want. D4v1d! 8 cards to help you spend your Stimhack credits

Thanks for mentioning this! I will try and fix this.

That Valencia list is ballsy without aesops or chop bot. The possibility of getting blackmails stuck under there with no way to free them is scary.

One of the big downsides not mentioned (that I saw, might have missed it) is that if you hit three events, it can’t trash itself, so you can’t get those events in the heap to recur them. If you want to play safe you need aesops or chop bot. Then again, when is Anarch about playing safe?

@Restartt

Hitting 3 events in a normal Anarch deck (Under 15 Events) happens so rarely that, in my opinion, it is not worth dedicating a deck slot to preventing.

Same Old Thing makes sense for milling events though.

2 Likes

In a deck with just 15 Street Peddler-able things, there’s a 71.3% chance that you hit 1 or more of those things and not whiff.

True - but then you’ve lost the selection aspect entirely. You only have one choice on what to install. (of course, this is with a deck packing 30 events)

1 Like

Cool read. Not sure at all what to cut for it in Noise, think I’ll start with the Daily Casts (sadface). Not sure if it’s better, but the logic is really compelling. It’s almost significantly better than Inject for him, of that I’m pretty sure.

Definitely better than inject for Noise - he does need to draw those programs at some point.

1 Like

Peddler is great in Noise, makes him more consistent and will probably increase his tourney presence greatly. Kind of formidable, as Noise has always had one of the most powerful abilities in the game. The more consistent he gets, the closer he gets back to pre-Jackson oppression levels.

What Peddler also does is smooth out non-MaxX reg breaker builds, Whizzard and Val specifically. These decks were okay before, tier 1.5 you could almost argue. Peddler allows them to get their breakers even faster, and when these decks have their breakers early, they’re tier 1.

2 Likes

The literal meaning of this is contradictory, but I think I understand what you’re saying: antisynergy doesn’t necessarily mean it’s not a great fit for the deck.

I was mainly replying to this point in the article:

Street Peddler isn’t anti synergy with a deck full of those cards

by saying that there technically is antisynergy.

It is an argument against playing Datasucker in Criminal, but not a very convincing one considering the better arguments for including it.

tldr; I agree with you overall, but there is antisynergy strictly speaking.

Given a particular criminal deck, it isn’t a valid argument for not including datasucker. However, if you just know that you want datasucker in your deck, it is an argument for making that deck an Anarch one.

It just matters what assumptions you start out with.