An Entire Article About Street Peddler

This sort of logic taken to the extreme leads to having no “dead cards” and therefore playing only one copy of Desperado.

Once you’ve made the decision to include duplicates of one-off cards, you want to compensate for that. Making draws more efficient (Diesel, Peddler) is one way to do it.

I’d argue that “filtering cards” like Peddler, Express Delivery or Mr Li are better at it than pure draw cards.

5 Likes

I’ll say it again, I think Peddler has a stronger synergy with decks with a lot of dead draws than with decks with all live draws.

If your average draw quality is good, then the two-click sequence “draw card, play card” is basically equivalent to the two-click sequence “draw Peddler, play Peddler (play filtered card)”.

It’s when your average draw quality sucks (because your deck is draw-order dependent, because your deck has a lot of situational cards, because your deck has a lot of dead copies of powerful uniques), and your usual sequence is something more like “draw card, draw card, draw card, play card”, that “draw Peddler, play Peddler” starts to be a big efficiency win.

1 Like

I cant add a lot to the discussion as some of it is frankly going above my head, but i will say including peddler in my pancakes noiseshop build certainly feels very much like im increasing the value of cards drawn after iv played peddler. If there are three duds on peddler (not happened once yet) then thats great still, i would of thought, as that gets those cards out of the way for wyldside to draw better cards.

You missed the most exciting interaction with Street Peddler – installing Activist Support on the Corp’s turn for a free bad pub!

It works the other way around, but it could still work out to the same result.

[quote]Resource • Install: 1 • Influence: 2
When the Corp turn begins, take 1 tag if you have no tags.
When your turn begins, give the Corp 1 bad publicity if he or she has no bad publicity.[/quote]

Now use Aesop’s to sell it before it gets to the Corp’s turn. :wink:

1 Like

I think @vinegarymink has already considered this. He discovered you could just play Val.

6 Likes

Using a specific ID has quite a large opportunity cost. Noise already Plays Aesops, wouldn’t he just love easier access to Blackmail for remote rontrol?

1 Like

The problem with any discussion about the Street Peddler + Activist combo is that I have no idea who’s being serious about it. Its Memstrips all over again.

5 Likes

I’m mostly just daydreaming. The fact that you randomly need to hit activist With street peddler kills it dead.

I can totally relate, @vinegarymink. I’m watching Youtube videos of Netrunner matches with running commentary by the player as he plays, and he says something like “Memstrips…this card is so good” and I have no idea how to take it. I mean, he IS playing a deck with Memstrips in it, but he’s laughing too, so I don’t know.

Had a paragraph written about it, but @ulrikdan has more wit than I, and beat me to it, so he wins the brevity award ths time. :smile:

Used street peddler a few days ago for the first time in my anarch deck against my cousin. It was pretty much the real deal. When combined with Earthrise and I’ve Had Worse, I was able to get through a ton of my deck and basically see every card I would need throughout the game. Even though in the first game two peddlers both hit a Sure Gamble, I still had enough money through my Kati and Daily Casts. They found me Mediums, Parasites, Earthrises, Clone Chips, breakers, you name it! I only have 8 events in the deck (3 Sure Gamble, 3 IHW, and 2 Career Fair), so I always had something to install. My cousin never stood a chance. Won all my games against him.

3 Likes

Yeah, if Val or Whizzard get their rig set up in a timely fashion, they’re terrors to behold. Peddler helps with that a lot. Noise has an oppressive ability, and it’s scary he gets more consistent with peddler.