Anarch and the MWL by SimonMoon

I dunno, it’s kinda mostly the scientist ice. There’s this really fascinating component to Archangel that Access to Globalsec is a more efficient “icebreaker” on it than Gordian Blade is for 1 link Runners (Gordian Blade not being a breaker at all with no stacking). Having a bigger pile of credits than the corp can substitute in decently well for link in the right context, that context just isn’t Faustcake decks that earmark every liberated accounts as Faust food once Wyldside Chronotype is live.

Scientist Ice is just dumb though, it gets consistently gets str beyond cost based on a quality that does not require any real work on the corp’s part, and it actively sucks skill intensity directly out of the game by trivializing ice arrangement strategy, which can be a skill differentiator. I hate the crap. Even Meru Mati.

Like, I’d be so down if you banned all the scientists then unMWL’d d4vid. I definitely agree those guys are diseases uglier than the cure.

I think deciding whether to deviate from the “proper” server for scientist ice actually takes quite a bit of skill.

16 Likes

Gutenberg on HQ is the new Architect on HQ :wink: