Anarchy without the Siphon

Deck Building is such a pain sometimes!
Right now I am prepping for the german championship in August and building a runner deck that is not “omgsiphon” has proven to be a right pain in the butt.
I decided against siphon, because everyone will expecting it and the idiot in my wants to be different.
Here is the deck I published on netrunnerdb to get some critique.
I think the basic idea is solid, but I tweaked it a lot and I think I need a set of fresh eyes.

So here it is…

No Siphon Anarch

Reina Roja: Freedom Fighter (Mala Tempora)

Event (5)
2x Déjà Vu (Core Set)
3x Sure Gamble (Core Set)

Hardware (8)
1x Clone Chip (Creation and Control)[color=#32CD32] ••[/color]
3x Deep Red (Mala Tempora)
2x e3 Feedback Implants (Trace Amount)[color=#4169E1] ••••[/color]
2x Plascrete Carapace (What Lies Ahead)

Resource (9)
2x Armitage Codebusting (Core Set)
2x John Masanori (Opening Moves)
3x Kati Jones (Humanity’s Shadow)
2x Scrubber (A Study in Static)

Icebreaker (10)
1x Corroder (Core Set)
2x Darwin (Future Proof)
3x Knight (Mala Tempora)
1x Mimic (Core Set)
3x Overmind (Honor and Profit)

Program (13)
2x Djinn (Core Set)
2x Hemorrhage (Fear and Loathing)
2x Keyhole (True Colors)
1x Nerve Agent (Cyber Exodus)
3x Parasite (Core Set)
3x Self-modifying Code (Creation and Control)[color=#32CD32] ••••• ••••[/color]

15 influence spent (max 15)
45 cards (min 45)
Cards up to Honor and Profit

Decklist published on NetrunnerDB.

Questions:
why hemorrhage with expensive breakers/no way to make it so they can’t rez ice?

why djinn with so few viruses? it’s very fragile memory that can easily be replaced by dyson

why no datasuckers to go with your parasites? it also helps darwin

why darwin? it doesn’t break anything well. you can expect to hit eli’s and tsurigis right now, and darwin isn’t great against either of those

why overmind? it loses a lot of stock when you aren’t using it to brute force a siphon.

If you’re running 2 scrubber, why not just switch to whizzard?

why deep red? you only have knights, and it isn’t worth it for just knight and overmind

Hemo is mainly there to get something out of every run. Go, kill a sundew -> Hemo counter. Go keyhole -> Hemo counter etc.
Djinn is in there BECAUSE I don’t run a lot of viruses and sometimes I just want a nerve agent now to go and pressure HQ.

I run relatively few viruses that the decision whether or not to wipe virus tokens becomes a painful one. If you have imp, datasucker and medium on the table with a few tokens on them, wiping becomes a no brainer… strength 4 darwin, hemorrhage and an e3 is far more difficult for less investment on my part.

Darwin is there for his flexiblity and because he is quite adequate to threaten most gear check ice. Eli I usually break with a click and a credit via e3 and the mimic is there for tsurugis and komainus (or the parasites).

Overmind and E3 means, that even after a wipe and getting rid of my knights, that given enough money from kati I cannot be kept out of servers. I rarely use it to brute force anything…

I play scrubbers, because I like Reina and her link and I also like trashing things… and if there are no things to trash, then I don’t play them.

Deep Red I do have for Overmind counters and insta knights.

I did think about datasuckers and more caissa… but I am unsure what to cut.

I played e3 in my Anarch deck at the Seattle regionals as a meta call and it was a complete bust, even with Darwin/Knight/Overmind, it was a completely dead pull the entire tournament, only went up against one RP tax deck and nobody playing glacier. I think I got to laugh my way through 1 Heimdall 2.0, but that was about it. and it was never worth playing just for the synergy with my breakers.

I would also say, that e3 and scrubber are probably overkill for teching against denial decks, so I would probably just take one or the other.

You’re going to want cyberfeeders or Darwin is going to eat all your money.

Same goes for datasuckers. its free money.

I would rejigger how you’re spending influence on search, because you don’t have the memory to support SMC at all, imo. Test run does double duty as parasite recursion, but I might just take special orders unless you find yourself primarily fetching nerve agent or keyhole with them.

I think you’re probably going to see more work from Rook than Hemorrhage, but that’s entirely a play style choice. Without Datasucker (not to mention, desperado or security testing), I doubt you’ll be doing too much of tagging servers just for the successful run. I’ve found Hemorrhage to be best against Weyland decks, where you can click Hemorrhage 3 or 4 times when you think they’re about to blow up your house, but since you’re playing plascrete and no account siphon, I wouldn’t think that to be your hardest match-up

With Djinn, it probably makes more sense to play medium as your R&D punishment, I get that you’re trying to keep virus tokens down, but playing anti-synergy just because you don’t want to lose the momentum doesn’t make much sense. And you can even judo that wipes to be in your favor, because it almost guaranteedly means that they are about to try and score (unless you were getting into R&D for 2c with a Keyhole out or something), so dropping a surge into a legwork, or running their remote, is often quite fruitful, and its so punishing to the corp, even if you didn’t get anything.

I honestly can’t believe how bad I am at constructing runner decks. For weeks I have had a very meager success rate with my own deck… today on a whim I just net decked a ken deck (never played him before, nor have I played more than 5 games of criminal since the game came out)… won all my games. Apparently I can’t build a runner deck to save my life ^^