Andy - Lotus Field edition

I think people are over thinking the Lotus Field problem. For early agro criminal decks Yog is too awesome to turn your back on. Gordian Blade and Zu.13 just don’t cut it as far as I’m concerned. I’ve gone back to basics and put in a couple of Personal Touch. That way your Yog is str 4 and they can tear up their 5 cost code gate you can just walk through. As an added bonus, you have either a str 4 mimic or a str 3 Femme, which is strictly better than a mimic as your killer.

Have I missed something?

(also, I don’t know how to turn the BBCode decklist into a list which is correctly displayed on this forum. Can someone let me know and I’ll edit it so it’s more readable.)

Andy Suckaz Lotus Field Edition

Andromeda: Dispossessed Ristie (Humanity’s Shadow)

Event (19)
3x Account Siphon (Core Set)
3x Dirty Laundry (Creation and Control)
3x Emergency Shutdown (Cyber Exodus)
2x Inside Job (Core Set)
2x Legwork (Honor and Profit)
3x Special Order (Core Set)
3x Sure Gamble (Core Set)

Hardware (5)
2x Desperado (Core Set)
1x R&D Interface (Future Proof) [color=#6ab545]··[/color]
2x The Personal Touch (Core Set) [color=#6ab545]····[/color]

Resource (9)
3x Kati Jones (Humanity’s Shadow)
1x Mr. Li (Future Proof)
3x Same Old Thing (Creation and Control)
2x Security Testing (Honor and Profit)

Program (12)
1x Corroder (Core Set) [color=#f47c28]··[/color]
3x Datasucker (Core Set) [color=#f47c28]···[/color]
3x Faerie (Future Proof)
1x Femme Fatale (Core Set)
1x Mimic (Core Set) [color=#f47c28]·[/color]
1x Parasite (Core Set) [color=#f47c28]··[/color]
1x Sneakdoor Beta (Core Set)
1x Yog.0 (Core Set) [color=#f47c28]·[/color]

Cards in deck: 45 (min 45)
15/15 influence used
Cards up to Honor and Profit

Deck built with Net Deck.

Some observations:

• single R&D Interface without any serious deep digging tools like diesels and quality times is not enough R&D pressure
  • single Mr. Li seems irrelevant
  • 3xDesperado is strictly better than 2xDesperado

Otherwise I like the idea of showing Lotus a middle finger.

I’d have to disagree Apo. Not that I’d necessarily run this version but it’s perfectly justifiable.

R&D Interface is to help with long games in Andy, a 50% discount on the breaking required per access. One or two copies is plenty as you’ll draw it eventually.

The first copy of Mr. Li is the best copy of Mr. Li. How can one be wrong? He’s not a required card, just adds a bit of efficiency, so you don’t have to see him every game.

Three copies Desperado is not ‘strictly better’ than two. The second and third one you draw are dead draws. It is a very good card and you want to see one early. But with a 9 card hand and it being one of the few cards you’re looking for with a mulligan it shouldn’t be that much of a problem.

2 Likes

Justification for 2 desperados is a lack of core #3 so I don’t think about it too hard. I probably would try the third if I had it.
I think 1 Mr Li is ok too. If he doesn’t show up, no big deal. He’s probably the cut for desperado 3.
I like parasite and RDI, only have influence for 2 cards, I’ve stumped for 1 of each.

Main omission I’ve noticed since posting in Plascrete Carapace. I hate fitting in Plascrete.
-1 Shutdown, -1 Faerie, (-1 Legwork/Sneakdoor), for 2 or 3 plascrete I guess. I’m also tempted by Crash Space over plascrete, you can’t go tag me with this deck after Upstalk anyway. Program death is the end of you, so Bad Times are really bad.

Probably crazy talk, but -1 mimic, -1 datasucker, +1 ninja/femme/alias, +1 R&DI is kind of possible… Criminal killers not named Faerie are worse than mimic, aren’t they?

Personal touch would be an elegant solution, but I can’t see how I’m supposed to fit at least 4 influence in my deck. And even with 2 you might be unlucky and just not find it.
Peacock doesn’t need influence, can be tutored and helps you in case your datasucker tokens get purged.

With five influence and three card slots tied up in Yog + Personal Touch I’d also consider Cyber Cypher + Yog instead if you’re set on keeping Yog.

Oh another thing:
With Encrypted Portals and Lag Time from “The Spaces Between”, Personal Touch’ed Yog won’t cut it.
Add the NEXT Bronze with a Str up to 7 and you need something other than Yog.

I think you already have the deck.

Not a bad start. No Faeries makes me sad, and I’d definitely turn the 1 Stimhack influence into a Mimic at the very least if you’re running Suckers.

Personal touch is cool but you can’t tutor for it so it can be a bit tricky if you get it before you need your Yog or can’t get to it when you really need it.

I’m just throwing 1x Knight into Gabe (replacing Deja Vu) and switching Mimic to Femme. I could see even trying two Femmes in Andy. Not sure what I’ll do with the mimic inf. Stimhack? Quality Time?

If you are going to spend more than 2 influence I would just play 1x Atman. You can still tutor for it and when you set it at 4 and you efficiently deal with a lot of really tough ice.

2 Likes

Or just splash Knight as spot relief for Yog.

Same influence cost and install cost as Personal Touch. Requires MU and requires a click to host but it is tutor-able and solves a whole host of other problems that Personal touch does not.

1 Like

I think there are a few legit options, though the most sound seem to be either swapping yog for zu/gordian, adding a zu, and adding a knight. The knight is pretty appealing to me, but its the only one I havent tried in andy yet, only gabe, (but it worked pretty well there). Yog is just so strong in general, especially if people start playing more code gates because because yog is less omnipresent. Gordian is significantly worse.

1 Like

i like sticking with Yog and pulling in an atman to solve lotus field plus other nasty 4 str problems. gordian feels too much like giving up. taxing decks are thrilled to see every code gate breaker except yog and possibly cybercypher /torch and id rather not roll over completely to the taxing decks just yet lol.

Identity: Criminal: Andromeda

Cards: 45 / 45
Influence: 15 / 15

Event (23)
3x Account Siphon
3x Dirty Laundry
3x Emergency Shutdown
2x Forged Activation Orders
1x Indexing ●●●
1x Infiltration
2x Inside Job
2x Legwork
3x Special Order
3x Sure Gamble

Hardware (5)
3x Desperado
2x Plascrete Carapace

Program (11)
1x Atman ●●●
2x Corroder ●●●●
3x Datasucker ●●●
2x Faerie
1x Femme Fatale
1x Mimic ●
1x Yog.0 ●

Resource (6)
2x Kati Jones
2x Same Old Thing
2x Security Testing

gave up the RDIs for a single indexing which is kind of a bummer but i feel like i need indexing with all the jinteki running around. everything else is pretty standard. i am revisiting the old school shutdown/FAO combo to get rid of huge ice and to save myself a little pain vs jinteki but if FAO isn’t your style they could be anything else. .

3 Likes

The Wausau, WI regional (49 players) was won by the 8th seed. He was running Zu.ul out of Andy already.

How about fitting in one Planned Assault to fix the Indexing odds?

planned assault is a good call. you could easily drop the FAOs for 1-2 planned assaults. ive just found lately face checking ice is a tad more painful then it used to be when katana was the only thing i had to worry about :slight_smile:

Play Anarch, treat all your cards in hand as garbage! :smiley:

In testing for Regionals, I’ve found that Lotus Field may be overblown. I still use Yog as my primary breaker in Andy, and with Passport as a backup, I haven’t had any particular trouble in dealing with Lotus Field.

I have Yog with Peacock backup, but running them simultaneaousy would create MU problems. And paying 4 for a single lotus field is still a lot.

It creates a need for backup, but it’s not like any deck is liable to use more than one or two. It’s not a total shut-out, it’s just a slight difference, but folks that ran Yog without Passport or Peacock can no longer do so as securely.