[Andysucker] Hail to the Queen / "The Deck" is Back!

Rex was here, Passport is a loser!!1

It’s probably fine to go down to 2 Special Order if you have 2 Rex 1 Yog.

Wouldn’t risk it if you run 1 Corroder. With 2 maybe.

1 Like

Iv had success using 2x passport and 1x rex. Between legwork and RDI your hitting centrals more, i find anyway as always YMMV, so the rex is really just for remote pressure if/when you need it. Mostly i havent.

2 Pass 1 Rex? Not the other way around? Unusual

Yep, seemed to work for me though. I dont get interested in remotes until there is something pretty important to look at. ETF with lots of assets can be a problem, but iv always resigned those games and not even attempted to try to outrace them economically. I just hammer RND. Not played criminal in awhile due to comp season here in the UK but going to give it a go again, probably going to find in the current meta where sundew/adonis can really propel the corps board state that i need a more dedicated decoder.

1 Passport, 1 Yog, 1 Femme with Inside Job and Emergency Shutdown is usually quite sufficient… Except against Blue Sun.

I went with a crypsis over femme to handle rogue CG’s and mythic pretty much for the BS matchup.

Breaker list i ran and am going to do so again for abit was this, in leela but i dont see why it would need to change for Andy:

1x Cerberus “Rex” H2
2x Corroder
1x Crypsis
2x Garrote
2x Passport

No Faerie? No Mimic? Garrote is expensive and 2 MU really kills (haha) it for me.

1 Like

Dont get me wrong, faerie and mimic are arguably the better fit in something like leela but i think it comes down to play style. I spend a few turns drawing and building econ, between 2 copies and special order garrote was never far away and the opening of a game im spending getting the cash together to pay for/use it. I never missed faerie and was never worried about facechecks, but thats how i played crim which may or may not be how others would approach it.

Good old atman @4 could still be best answer for androsucker. I used to play a build like this and atman was often the nail in the coffin for corp.

Gotta try that again i guess in a current lotus field eli ashigaru toll meta

1 Like

Atman @ 4 is frightfully expensive though. It’s also a large influence cost to take care of a single problem that may not appear in game.

2 Likes

If you switch gordian for yog, suddenly you 2 more influence.

Old build was 2 corro 1 mimic 1 yog 3ds 1 atman 1 rdi. Last influence could be utopia, dlr, net celebrity against elp.

Not for someone who likes Garrote (obviously) :stuck_out_tongue:

Wouldnt want to run both though :stuck_out_tongue:

Edit: i should also add that my breaker list is quite obviously completely useless for an andysucker build, so my apologies for derailing the thread slightly by throwing it into the conversation.

I think as has already been suggested yog.0/passport/peacock is probably the best decoder package when datasucker is involved. Peacock is the flex slot here as its for remotes, so could be a rex alternatively.

Wouldn’t play Garrotte for exactly the same reason. May as well pay 2 more for a Femme which has a lot more utility.

2 Likes

If you want to save influence on Corroder, are concerned with Blue Sun/big barriers, still want two fracters, and are running Femme, Breach is actually decent. Breaks Curtain Wall for much less than Corroder, has some game against Hive, etc. It’s weaker for remotes (hence wanting Femme and Corroder being better overall), but especially with Datasucker support I can see it being useful enough to be included for the influence savings.

Femme + 4tman, + Yog + Corroder + Datasucker seems like a pretty solid rig, though. Shame you can’t have two 'suckers, but that’d require losing something which is… not ideal. Does lose you influence/MUs for Parasite, though, too.

One RDI isn’t going to give you enough attack surface Vs. NEH.

1 Like

FWIW, I still don’t think there is an Andy build that can get above 50% against both NEH and RP. Hell, I don’t even know if there is an Andy build that can get an average of 50% against NEH and RP.

My experience is that it’s possible with the current iterations of RP (AndroMedium performs a lot better if RP are playing Tollbooths and Susanoo over Komainu and Tsurugi). Bank Job is strong in both matchups, as is John Masanori. The biggest problem is that you concede a lot to Blue Sun glacier with such a structure.

I don’t believe it’s possible to balance all three matchups such that Andromeda is favourable against all but I do think you can get two out of three.

While that rig is reasonable, it’s too clunky in setup for Special order to handle the speed alone and you really need all components. I also think Medium is heavily preferred over Interfaces as dig options and I haven’t found any good rig that can ahndle the additional memory.