[Andysucker] Hail to the Queen / "The Deck" is Back!

Is your list posted somewhere?

Also one of my biggest concerns with Andy/Leela right now is Next Silver. There is no way to keep NEXT in check without parasite, and the costs can get too just be too much too quickly, making the game largely out of control and based on random accesses.

1 Like

The issue with the Next Suite (as well as Quicksand, really) is that the cards is a binder-fodders against Shaper and Anarch and both are more popular than crim atm. Right now, thereā€™s strictly no reason to play NEXT out of HB instead of a more classical ice suite like Enigma, Booth, Eli, IQ and WoS.

1 Like

I won regionals with the NEXT suite, met only one crim during it. They felt absolutely fantastic.

5 Likes

Yeah except people around me do play NEXT. I understand it sucks against Anarch/Shaper.

Enough HB players around here for me to be wary. Paying 14 credits through two next silver is a pretty defeating experience.

1 Like

Then you shouldnā€™t play andysucker without parasite if everyone around you play NEXT ;).

1 Like

well TBH my CT is a Crim at heart so this makes two :wink:

1 Like

Here is my list:

Yes, you are completely correct, it is very difficult to beat NEXT (my best friend happens to play ETF 1 Remote Glacier with NEXT.) NEXT Bronze as well, because the only way to break is with Zu.

Iā€™m going to 3 more regionals, so my goal is to test a few different breaker combinations to try and alleviate the problem. @Webster included an Atman in his build, and then Yog.0 for small stuff. I also want to try including an additional MU so I can have multiple suckers + medium. People say NRE Andy isnā€™t good, but I also want to try that.

The big problem Ice are Turing, Viktor 2, Tollbooth (without Femme), and a 4+ NEXT Bronze.

Honestly, this sounds correct to me! Iā€™m inclined towards just accepting a bad matchup if there isnā€™t an elegant solution. Going back to RDI over Medium would help the problem, but I like Medium too much.

1 Like

Thatā€™s the latest build with Switchblade / Yog / NRE that iā€™ve been testing :

AndySucker with Switchblade

Andromeda: Dispossessed Ristie (Humanityā€™s Shadow)

Event (15)

Hardware (10)

Resource (9)

Icebreaker (8)

Program (3)

15 influence spent (max 15)
45 cards (min 45)
Cards up to Chrome City

Deck built on NetrunnerDB.

No Inside Job / 2 Emergency Shutdown is a meta call but maybe 1/1 or even 2 Inside Job is better. I should try to fit a baby somewhere but I donā€™t have a clue on what should I cut.

This seems solid, Iā€™d try cutting the Utopia Shard for a Stimhack (kind of like Inside Job but better) and a Kati (or something else) for a Ghost Runner. Only having one Ghost Runner is worrying, and three felt pretty-good-but-sometimes-a-bit-too-much when I was playing the (similar) list that won Atlanta Regionals.

Iā€™m probably going to test a variation of this, though.

You could always play Morning Star! And Iā€™m only half kidding here :smiley:. Thatā€™s pretty much the most reasonable solution I can think of to NEXT Silver from a Criminal perspective. Also, a Morning Star/Yog/Switchblade rig would make a lot of corps cry if they havenā€™t already won by the time you get it up.

1 Like

You, sir, just threw a great decklist idea!

I didnā€™t see an Andysucker thread anywhere so I decided to create one. This is my most recent take on the archetype. Net-Ready Andysucker Ā· NetrunnerDB

Andromeda: Dispossessed Ristie

46 cards, 15 influence spent

3x Account Siphon
3x Dirty Laundry
2x Inside Job
3x Special Order
3x Sure Gamble

3x Desperado
2x HQ Interface
2x Net-Ready Eyes ā€¢ā€¢ā€¢ā€¢

3x Daily Casts
3x Earthrise Hotel
2x Kati Jones
2x Security Testing
2x Symmetrical Visage
3x The Supplier

2x Corroder ā€¢ā€¢ā€¢ā€¢
1x Crypsis
2x Mimic ā€¢ā€¢
2x Yog.0 ā€¢ā€¢

3x Datasucker ā€¢ā€¢ā€¢

Itā€™s hidden :stuck_out_tongue:

Any thoughts on going with Career Fair instead of The Supplier? Probably faster, but less reliable.

What about a version that uses NRE, Yog, and Switchblade? That pretty much makes 2 out of 3 ice subtypes completely free to break.

I played against this last weekend. Despite being Andy, the setup of this deck is ridiculously massive. You can bridge gaps with Faerie and Passport, but setting up a million card rig while youā€™re mulling for economy turns out to be pretty difficult. You really feel the setup struggle in a lot of games, either because your economy isnā€™t churning or you canā€™t get stealth credits or find NRE and break lotus or whatever. Itā€™s probably not bad but setup time is a serious issue.

Fooled around with Switchblade Netready Andy all day on casual OCTGN. It reminds me of why I never liked Stealth (Refracter) Andy. In all of my 5 games, I broke most Sentries with Faeries, and by the time I got my 3-card Killer online. the game was either pretty much won or lost. If Iā€™m playing Netready, Iā€™d almost rather rely on Femme and 3 Faeries as my Killers, save an influence pip on Mimic, and run Parasites.

1x Corroder, 1x Yog, 2x Datasucker, 2x Parasite, 2x Netready, 1x RDI.

Also, Netready is tricky to install in Criminal.

This kind of deck might need Fisk Investment Seminar to set up quicker. Imagine knowing IHW was coming down the pipe way sooner than we knew about Fisk Investment. It almost makes Criminal not worth building for. Almost.

I played this kind of deck out of Gabe, cutting the Parasites for 1x NRE and 2x Medium. It was a bad idea versus Pup, but Switchblade credits could help with that.

Anyway the point of that sentence was that I didnā€™t really need the NRE as fast as you think. Lotus Field is a 2x, sometimes 1x, and it hardly goes down in dire times. Like Blacklist, a well placed and well timed Lotus can fuck up NRE Yoggers something fierce, but good play before that happens can maybe prevent it. 3x Shutdown is mandatory with all these Tollbooths and Susanooā€™s running around.

Iā€™m just letting you know my experience after playing 2 matches in the tournament against Andy. One player mulliganned into a hand without Desperado/Testing and was punished hard in the econ war despite finding breakers. The other was a close game where Andy had an amazing start but a slow setup let me score a Nisei behind a Lotus Field, and despite Switchblade/Yog, I was able to close it out with the token and a couple of Psi wins.

Basically, I donā€™t doubt Andy can set it all up, but I doubt her ability to set it up in a timely fashion and have access to strong economy on a consistent basis.

1 Like

My biggest problem as Andy these days mirrors this. Blue Sun / HBGlacier is able to mostly neuter the Sec Testing plan, which forces a compromise on econ that leaves windows for rushy builds or leaves you without adequate Scorched protection.