ANR Pro Circuit Official Announcement

LOL. If we are the WORST this game produces (and, if you’ve played me IRL, I think one can attest to my upstandish behaviour), welcome to paradise.

8 Likes

I have a soft spot in my heart for heels. One of my team PT teammates from back in the magic days had a habit of trying to tilt his opponent by taking up a huge percentage of the table and calling a judge on them for suspicious behavior that didn’t happen. (“He looks like he’s shuffling sketchy. Can you randomize his deck for him?”)

I miss him.

3 Likes

Wait, where is Lukas going? Damon Stoen has been an appalling AGOT designer; he damn well near wrecked 1st edition, and I hope Damon Stone doesn’t fuck up Netrunner! Also, is this Erik Dahlmann of the Star Wars LCG? I’m not 100% sure I’d feel confident in his abilities, given how badly that has… fucked up.

2 Likes

Yes, it’s those two.

1 Like

Lukas has moved on to board games. I think they all still spitball cards and ideas at the higher levels, but day-to-day play testing went Damon & Erik.

Source: Bad Publicity with Lukas - The 100th Video - YouTube

TL;DW Lukas is going to be pulling back little by little to work on other things, letting Damon and Erik take over, and still act as a advisor.

1 Like

If we end up doing pseudonyms, the Midwest one has to be Leely Patel.

4 Likes

I :heart: Damon, but man The Key and The Gate expansion for Call of Cthulhu was full of delicious theme and also six almost immediately restricted cards, so there’s some great news and something hopefully the playtesters will be vigilant about :).

2 Likes

One of numerous reasons I dropped playtest. The ANRPC was one of the others. Shining my trophies is a third.

6 Likes

Maybe we’ll get that restricted list we always wanted!

3 Likes

Don’t quit your Lucky Find.

3 Likes

Damon’s card designs are… worrying. I prefer Lukas’s conservative designs to Damon’s, Big, Flashy, Splashy! Some of the most brutally unfun cards in AGOT are Damon’s.

3 Likes

Anyway, back on topic, I’d say that it’s perfectly fine to leave official FFG events the same in terms of prizes and newbie-friendliness (GNKs, SCs, Regionals, Nationals, and Worlds), and if someone wants to wear their serious-pants they can play in fan-run cash tournaments. It’s something at least worth experimenting with or exploring, and I agree it won’t immediately turn the game into Asshatsville.

1 Like

This could also be a case of FFG taking a neutral stance with 3rd Parties.

What if another organization comes along, and now wants there own “reserved” seat? FFG’s endorsement could open up pandora’s box as to favoritism of one organization over another.

2 Likes

Now I’m picturing some sort of illegal underground Bloodsport-style Netrunner Kumite.

I’ll GLADLY MC those festivities!

1 Like

Yeah, with a HUGE cash payout due to increased danger. And if you lose, they throw all your alt-arts in a trash can and set them on fire…

2 Likes

The stakes have never been higher…

1 Like

In the north of England we throw the losers in the trash can and set them on fire. Its the only way they’ll learn.

3 Likes

Is that what really happened to Tim and Jeremy? I thought there was something fishy about all the Notts players from last year vanishing apart from you…

How is Nottingham Northern anyway? I’m from London and I consider Nottingham Midlands.