Any interest in an virtual meetup?

Great idea. I agree with Zeromus on the name.

I’ll look to drop in at some point if this gets going. Thanks!

:triumph:

2 Likes

Since my computer is always running Discord, it’ll show me as Online/Away even if I’m not at the computer… To actually get my attention you’d have to mention me in the chat, usually.

But I plan on hanging out there in general most weeknights, even if I’m doing other stuff, I’m usually fine to BS about netrunner. :smiley: It’s a fun International pastime.

Last night we ran down the complete list of cards that were going out with rotation. It was fun.

1 Like

I’m interested

Joined into the Discord too. Might be tricky to join for me depending on time zones however.

Couple of questions for a Discord noob.

1. So once you are in the general chat, do you enter the Common Room to interact with people?

2. What kind of head set/microphone is inexpensive but still good quality? Any recommendations?

When you’re in the Text Channel - General, that is a text only channel. Double click one of the Voice channels to enter it. Then you’ll have the ability to talk to people on that particular voice channel, and the buttons in the third box become active.

I just use my regular iphone headphones with mic and it seems to be good enough. No one has complained about it at least. :wink:

1 Like

I’m still figuring out Discord setup details. I’ll write up a little guide when this thing becomes more official.

Essentially I imagine people joining the common room initially to talk about whatever. When you find someone to play with you can head to a table for some more quiet. If there is only two or three people in the common room, you can just stay there an play a game so that when others show up they aren’t alone. Alternatively, if you join and people are at tables but not in the common room, you should feel free to join a table and chat / watch their game.

We’re gonna have the first official meetup on Monday, Nov 14. Exact time to be decided still. Of course feel free to use the server any time for some Netrunner with voice chat.

In order to determine when to have the official Monday meetup times (for now), I’d like people to check all the times they can regularly play. It is important that there are always people there during the scheduled time. If people are early they can play of course. And people can stay on as long as they like, but the official time should always have people that can make it. This is all flexible and can change in the future. I just want the initial launch to be smooth.

• 5:00 pm - 6:00 pm EST (2:00 pm - 3:00 pm PST)
  • 6:00 pm - 7:00 pm EST (3:00 pm - 4:00 pm PST)
  • 7:00 pm - 8:00 pm EST (4:00 pm - 5:00 pm PST)
  • 8:00 pm - 9:00 pm EST (5:00 pm - 6:00 pm PST)
  • 9:00 pm - 10:00 pm EST (6:00 pm - 7:00 pm PST)
  • 10:00 pm - 11:00 pm EST (7:00 pm - 8:00 pm PST)
  • 11:00 pm - 12:00 am EST (8:00 pm - 9:00 pm PST)
  • 12:00 am - 1:00 am EST (9:00 pm - 10:00 pm PST)
  • 1:00 am - 2:00 am EST (10:00 pm - 11:00 pm PST)

0 voters

2 Likes

Earliest time is 5-6, which looks like it has no votes?

Yes, I’m a dummy. I thought they were still sorted how I put them in…

1 Like

Sounds like a great idea! Time zones don’t really work out for me but I really like it as a plan!

If there is a group of you on the other side of the world that wants to set up one, by all means! This is just the initial time that people responded for.

Ugh, guess I’m the odd one out.

My schedule will change in a few weeks though, then I’ll be able to get on earlier.

I’m interested. Can we just show up, or is it like, closed?

2 Likes

You can absolutely just show up! The schedule is just so that everyone can show up at the same time. The only requirement is that you have a microphone to talk on Discord.

1 Like

I’d love to join.

4 Likes

poor chris. ill gladly embrace you into a pile of casual garbage

monday is actually the day i usually just drink and play various games anyway. sounds like fun XD

Jnet games? That’s what we’re doing, right?

1 Like