Archetypes for core+boxes

With Data & Destiny imminent, I find myself thinking about this topic again. Like @Callisto above, I think Personal Evolution is pretty strong out of just the big boxes, here’s my latest attempt:

Personal Evolution (Big Boxes Only)

Jinteki: Personal Evolution (Core Set)

Agenda (12)

Asset (10)

Operation (16)

Barrier (2)

Code Gate (5)

Sentry (4)

• 1x Archer (Core Set) ••
  • 1x Komainu (Honor and Profit)
  • 2x Pup (Honor and Profit)

15 influence spent (max 15)
20 agenda points (between 20 and 21)
49 cards (min 45)
Cards up to Data and Destiny

Decklist published on NetrunnerDB.

I also tried to build Reg-Ass MaxX (which was discussed above) and Desperado Valencia out of the big boxes. They don’t look too bad but I really miss Kati Jones and the great card draw engines Anarch received recently. I’m guessing Noise would be the strongest Anarch if the big boxes were the only card pool, even without Cache.

Runners were a lot easier to build than corps; no Jackson makes it really tough to know how you could possibly stand up against Noise, but I didn’t play in the pre-JH days and presumably it was possible. In general, the runners just seem to have more options even though they’re missing all their best silver bullets (Plascrete Carapace, Clot…Feedback Filter was in C&C, though). I started trying to make butchershop, since Scorched Earth and Traffic Accident are available, but just couldn’t find enough viable burst econ without Sweeps Week and Restructure. Astrobiotics NBN is probably still a strong option with but I’m not sure what ID you’d use (SYNC just for the smaller deck size and to make Data Raven more taxing?).

Ugh I always add at least one unavailable card & then notice it too late; Pop-up Window isn’t available. Maybe scrap for another Archer and more cash.