[Architects of Tomorrow] of the cybernetic foundry for the next custom future, together

This ID feels like it comes with quite a big downside to work around. To get value you have to give info away, and the runner can try to bleed your ability on turns when they don’t actually need to get in anywhere. They know all your ice are Bioroids and they can either click right through or to the nearest ETR sub.

Intentionaly turning most of your ice face up to a Wizzard with cutlery and parasites makes Ronald a reasonable proposition. Would at least slow the medium dig down a little bit!

Well, if you give away the information, you’re also getting either an end the run, or a whole turn off clicking for credits to go with it, so you can rush harder. Spending your turn clicking through a Bioroid isn’t the best, if you’re not getting agendas, you’re giving the Corp massive tempo. Plus, if they end the run before hitting your Ichi, that’s good if you can score the next turn. Or you could use that information to not rez the Ichi, bluffing it as a more expensive Bioroid. Got to think outside the box with this ID certainly, but I bet it can go fast. Maybe strong too if you set up the right jank.

1 Like

I think that’s true. Still, the size of the upside is unprecedented. No other ID gives you 4 credits worth of value, potentially every turn. The raw power of this ID seems high enough that I’m willing to accept a lot of downsides. Add to this that bioroids are some of the best ice in the game, and that lots of the best of them cost around 4-6 credits to rez. If this ability triggers just 3 times in a game, that’s given you 12 credits of value-- already getting into the same econ range as ETF, but with the value frontloaded in the early game. And I could easily see it triggering more often.

I will definitely try out the never-advance rush HB deck in this ID, it seems perfect for that strategy. The runner has to either risk letting you score out agendas, or else challenge the remote and give you free ice rez’s , making the next check that much more difficult.

5 Likes

Gotta say I really like this ID, if not mostly for the design challenges it brings. I think despite anti-synergy with the ID, Magnet is at least an auto 1 of to deal with Parasite. Maybe even a CVS, though its primary use would not be to support FA. I cant see me not putting some Heinlein Grid in there too, to punish the runner for counter play.

With Rumor Mill around, sadly Ronald Five seems like he would be dead in the water.

Rumor Mill doesn’t seem like a good enough reason to not play Ronald, but Bioroid ice is pretty hard to trash with parasite on its own. If you’re playing against Anarch, I would just ice every central and rush rush rush

Unless you’re running lots of assets that the runner would want to trash before Ron, which I don’t think this ID wants, I can’t see Ronald being much value.

Event econ like Lateral growth to stack ice, Peak Efficiency to further benefit from the ID, GLC and BLC to keep momentum, Hedge Fund and maybe a one of Successful Demo seem more in keeping with a rush strategy.

3 Likes

Clicking trough a bioroid is never fun, but against AoT it also becomes a discounted rez. AoT also have some siphon resilience, since you can protect another server during a siphon run, while at the same spend money.

2 Likes

@bluebird503 and I messed around a bit on Wednesday with an Architects deck he built. I, as the runner, won both games we played, but we did get to see the ID power in action so I wanted to throw out a few thoughts.

Eli 1.0 is obviously very good, but he sucks a lot early for getting good use out of your ID. Our first game, he found 2 Eli 1.0’s early, and placed them on centrals. My gameplan from the get go was to waste his ability by face-checking some ICE with an SMC out to make him rez things, but to never actually break them until later in the game when I could have more impactful runs. He needed to keep me out of HQ, so he had to rez an Eli after his first install, install, click-for-credit opening. This was the start to a very bad opening for him. I think by the end of the game, he’d gotten like 4-6 credits of value off his ID. Admittedly, I had a really good Indexing that nabbed several points, so if the game had gone on longer then he might have gotten more value off it.

The second game I tried to do the same thing, and ran R&D on click one. This time, a Ravana 1.0 was what awaited me. This was kinda good for him, since there were no other rezzed Bioroids for it to steal the subs off of. I couldn’t bounce off it, since the subs just fire, so I pass the ICE by default and he rezzed an Eli over HQ. Now to get in anywhere, I have to get by either a str 4 Barrier with 2 ETRs, or a str 5 Code Gate with 2 ETRs. When I do so, he gets more free ICE. This game went very differently, with him getting something like 10 credits by turn 4. By the end of the game, I’m pretty sure he’d snatched more value than ETF would have. Again, I’d won, but he also got insanely unlucky again with a great Indexing run on my part.

Anyhow, despite the losses, I think there’s a good deck in here. Just thought I’d spew a little info about our games.

11 Likes

I’ve been playing around a bit with this ID too. Only played about 10 games so far but I have found Shapers to be a particular problem.

I try not to use the ability on the scoring remote unless I’m trying to protect something in there, the info was far too helpful. One breaker and some spare clicks can get through 2 ice servers no problem. Hyperdriver is like a pseudo-AI against this ID!
I found Heinlein to be a great deterrent and missed it in games where I didnt include it, though rezzing it felt like quite a tempo hit in the early game when credits are tight and you’re trying to stack your ice.

Tar Mar is just as good in here as it is in ETF rush for keeping those SMCs or other problem cards off the table and giving you the credits to rez some nasty ice. Also handy for boosting you into Biotic money.

Sunset has turned out to be a nifty way to get a little extra value out of the ID, moving just installed ice behind rezzed and non-ETR ice. Helps bring an expensive ice into play on important turns from few credits.

Heres the list I’ve been using if anyone is interested. Deckbuilder · NetrunnerDB . Still very much a work in progress.

1 Like

@Pilltechre I can’t view your list, have you given permission for everyone to view your unpublished decks?

Didn’t realise that was a thing. :smile: I have now though.

Zed 1.0

Play it early, then it’s on the inside of your server where you will want it to be for later. And even though it doesn’t do anything yet, you still get a benefit for the runner running into it.

You can even do things like not rez the outer ice, then if the runner doesn’t jack out, rez the inner ice and use ID ability to rez the outer ice. The runner gets one access, but they won’t get in that server easily again.

1 Like

Doesn’t Fairchild 1.0 not do this better and cheaper?

5 Likes

My life motto comes into play here:
“Why not both?”

2 Likes

But you can only have three fairchildren, and this deck wants lots of fairchildren.

Here’s a deck attempt. Not sure how well it exploits the ID ability. The idea is to use bioroids to protect centrals and assets, while fast advancing any agendas with biotic labor, jeeves with sansan, or efficiency committee with sansan. If the runner takes the brain damage from your ice instead of paying / clicking through it, there is also a ronin you can try to kill them with.

AoTFA

Haas-Bioroid: Architects of Tomorrow

Agenda (11)
3x Accelerated Beta Test
3x Efficiency Committee
3x Project Vitruvius
2x The Future is Now

Asset (7)
3x Jackson Howard ●●●
3x Jeeves Model Bioroids
1x Ronin ●●●●

Upgrade (1)
1x Cyberdex Virus Suite

Operation (15)
1x Archived Memories
3x Biotic Labor
1x Enhanced Login Protocol
3x Hedge Fund
3x Lateral Growth
3x Shipment from SanSan ●●●
1x Subliminal Messaging

Barrier (5)
2x Eli 1.0 ★★
3x Heimdall 1.0

Code Gate (7)
3x Fairchild 1.0
2x Ravana 1.0
2x Viktor 1.0

Sentry (3)
3x Zed 1.0

1 Like

Zed shouldn’t work out too good with Fairchild 1.0, you can just pay through the subroutine. It’s good with 2 though. Also, Eli is almost strictly worse than Markus 1.0 here. Soooooo, since we could save inf, why not put down a Heimdall or something that works well with Zed in the off chance Zed is at the bottom.

One second.

GET OUT OF MY HEAAAAAAAD ZEDDDDDDD.

Your deck looks adequate, needsmoar Zed

2 Likes

Y U No Fairchild 2.0? The synergy is obvious: a spiky bioroid with 4 rez cost. Also, it’s a 2.0, which is always fun.

3 Likes

I wonder if there’s something to be done with Ronald Five and this identity. I have this urge to rez non-ice bioroids with the ability but there really aren’t any good targets. :unamused:

2 Likes

A free ash isn’t chopped liver, but U get your point. Please give us another Bioroid. Maybe Enforcer 2.0, with thunderingly crippling abilities.

You can rez Adam for 3 credits less, I suppose.

4 Likes