Best flavor, round 1

I wrote this poll over a year ago and never used it. So it’s probably out of date, but best flavor is highly subjective anyway. Note that it doesn’t just mean flavor text. Even the mechanical elements of a card, like its rules text, can help to give you an idea of “what does this card represent in the cyberpunk game world, not just what does it do in the game on the table”. Seeds are random. You can vote in as many or as few brackets as you like.

• Aesop’s Pawnshop
  • Mandatory Upgrades

0 voters

• All-nighter
  • Cyberdex Trial

0 voters

• Clone Retirement
  • Copycat

0 voters

• Closed Accounts
  • Paparazzi

0 voters

• Experiential Data
  • Ice Wall

0 voters

• MemStrips
  • Panic Button

0 voters

• Restoring Face
  • Torch

0 voters

• Reuse
  • Sure Gamble

0 voters

2 Likes

Whrrrrrrrr

2 Likes

Can’t believe Aesop is leading Mandatory Upgrades. HAVE YOU ALL FORGOTTEN BROOM-HANDS???

1 Like

ManUps was a really fun card, and it gave me my most satisfying ANR ‘win’ when my opponent rage quit when I got to 4 points on my 2nd ManUp.

Of course, I don’t think I’d want to play against a 5-click corp either.

I’m disappointed in roughly three quarters of you for not voting for a card with one of the best dang flavor-texts in the game over Ice Wall.

I know Ice Wall is no flavor slouch itself, but that card is like B+ at best.

That’s cause Experiential Data is binder fodder, and, I’ll be honest, I only just read its flavour text for the first time. You’re right, it’s excellent and I’m gonna change my vote! :smiley:

1 Like

For reference this is where the broom hands joke comes from: Terminal7 23: Broom-Hands - Idle Thumbs Network
I laughed till it hurt at that.

1 Like

Exactly. It is binder fodder and now not even legal.

Doing well in a best flavor tournament is all poor Experiential Data has!

But its illegality somehow makes it more alluring…

1 Like

Considering that Ice Wall is doing so well in that matchup and there’s not a lot of (other) strong competition in the bottom half of the bracket, I expect to see it in the finals. But I could be wrong