Blue Sun Glacier (Decklist, looking for advice)

Not sure what mauls this deck consistently yet. Andromeda can probably manhandle it, gabe might be better at it.

From my testing:

Sea Scorch is a nonbo. Requires too many cards that you need to keep in hand, and can be countered by plascretes.

Eliza is far too click intensive. Eve/Adonis require protection and would mean increasing ICE count above 17, which further restricts deck slots. Unprotected Eve/Adonis means Imp will destroy your money source.

I’ve had the most success with Amazon Industrial Zone. All you need is 1 ICE and Amazon and you can bounce it every turn for 3 creds. The beauty of this is that it’s an upgrade which means the ICE is protecting Amazon and your central at the same time.

The Root is really strong - if the runner allows it to stick. I run the Crisium/Off the Grid combo and being able to bounce Crisium every turn and re-installing it for 3 creds is nice. If you get The Root running with Amazon, then that’s 6 creds for a single click provided the ICE you’re bouncing is big enough.

I’m not sure about Oversight AI. I have completely blown games apart when I get the combo early into Project Atlas/Corporate War (another gem that works well in Blue Sun). I run 3 Archived Memories to recur it. I’m not too sure if this is the best use of influence but looking at the current cardpool I don’t really see anything better. Adonis/Eve could sub in here, but I don’t like being at the mercy of Imp or increasing ICE count to protect them.

D4VID is a problem, and so is Quetzal + E3, and Reina. I have also had a few games where Crim pressure gets to 7 points before I get everything online.

All in all, when it does get going, the ID feels broken. It’s been a long time since I’ve played a Corp that changes the game the way Blue Sun does.

A list for reference, suggestions welcome:

Blue Sun: Powering the Future

Cards: 49 / 45
Agenda points: undefined / 20
Influence: 15 / 15

Agenda (10)
3x Corporate War
1x Geothermal Fracking
3x NAPD Contract
3x Project Atlas

Asset (5)
3x Jackson Howard ●●●
2x The Root

Ice (17)
3x Caduceus
3x Curtain Wall
2x Enigma
3x Hadrians Wall
3x Tollbooth ●●●●●●
3x Wall of Static

Operation (9)
3x Archived Memories ●●●●●●
3x Interns
3x Oversight AI

Upgrade (8)
3x Amazon Industrial Zone
3x Crisium Grid
2x Off the Grid

1 Like

I can’t say I like that deck. You run Geothermals with NAPD and no BP removal?

You have a huge amount of high cost ice and rely completely on OAIs as your economy - no Restructures, not even Hedge Funds. You will have an extremely poor early game in a lot of cases and a runner like Andy will just tear you apart before you can get going. The 6 influence into Archived Memories just proves the decks dependance on OAI.

All in all, this deck will have huge economy problems. And hyper aggressive runners like Noise and Andy will just take full advantage of that.

The Geothermal is there just as a blank 4/2. I don’t want to run Hostile Takeover or 3 pointers, so I don’t have much choice. I doubt PSF will be better than Geothermal. In a pinch, Geothermal can give money at least.

I agree with the poor early game. However, what would you cut for Hedge Fund? What would you run instead of Archived Memories?

For me, Amazon Industrial Zone is the early game. Sometimes it’s not enough, but I don’t think I can cut Oversight to make room for agendas. Also, I don’t think I can cut the grid combo, or a runner could just stockpile money to play the remote game.

I have found Priority Req to be very decent in BS. But I can understand if you don’t want to run 3 pointers.
Personally I wouldn’t run the Crisium (Off the) Grid Combo since I think its pretty janky, but thats just a personal thing. I’d recommend Ash but I dont think the deck has an overpowering economy.
I wouldn’t drop the OAI since I think it works well with BS. If you were so inclined as to drop the Crisium combo, you could trim the Interns down to 1 (or even none) and that would free you up 7 slots.

If you were to cut the Grid combo, how do you score? Ash isn’t enough on its own.

Also, while Hedge Funds will certainly help the early game, it doesn’t really provide economy. The majority of the money is going to come from OAI, and Amazon/Root when it gets online.