Books and lore of the android universe

I thought that merging into Asmodee would change something, but it looks like Europe is still a third world for them. I guess we need to make some noise, just like with Plugged-in Tour.

1 Like

Iā€™ve sent an email to FFG highlighting the problem (and proposing a solution of their foreign distributors gathering orders from them and coordinating shipping to save costs). If enough of us do so, it might be they do somethingā€¦

1 Like

Even $13USD, to ship 5 hours drive by truck, is enough to dissuade me off of this. Iā€™ll get it on Amazon at 40% off, I guess.

2 Likes

Indeed! If someone in the US is willing to do so, perhaps a bunch of us could place an order via them, then pay that person a premium on the actual shipping cost to our respective countries. Then that person would make a tidy profit out of it, and we would all be able to get the product with a reasonable shipping price.

If that someone is reading, please message me too, thanks!

More books on the way.
https://www.fantasyflightgames.com/en/news/2015/12/16/tap-the-network/
Monitor seems to focus on NBN (lncluding Jesus Howard and Jenkins) and Monster Slayer focus on Reina Roja.

1 Like

Iā€™m so sad/angry that we had such a bad AA for Reina when FFG have the one on Monster Slayer coverā€¦

2 Likes

ā€œby Leigh Alexanderā€

2 Likes

Who is that?

From these things:

http://www.shutupandsitdown.com/blog/post/test/

3 Likes

My copy of ā€˜The Worlds of Androidā€™ arrived today. Paged through it once. Incredible amount of content, 272 pgs total including index. Makes me want an Android universe RPGā€¦ My only quibble would be that ~94% of the artwork is from cards already in circulation.

3 Likes

I think that Worlds of Android (and the universe itself) deserve a separate threadā€¦ Anyone with me? Anyhoo, Iā€™m one of those evil, evil people who splashed for the pre-release version, and I couldnā€™t be happier. The artworks is absolutely gorgeous, the writing is solid, the stories you can spin based on some of the paragraphs (or even single sentences) definitely invite the idea of a few RPG sessions interspersed with a few games of Infiltration, Android, or Android: Netrunner itself to spice things up.

One thing that stood out in my mind during the first reading (still going through it, itā€™s like good wine, hehe) is that Jack Weyland is actually quite a tragic character - he brought a lot of progress to all of humanity, and got ousted by ruthless people focused on profit. Now heā€™s aiming for the stars, as if trying to get away from the corporate hell he partially co-created.

5 Likes

This is the thread about the lore of the android universeā€¦ It was originally only for Worlds of Android.

Anyway, the insert of Order and Chaos also has some tidbit about Jack. And it is a quite classical tale of the genius who gets ousted from the company, which has many real world counterparts (Paul Allen, Steve Wozniak for example).

2 Likes