Cache Refresh decklists!

(These could probably have gone in the untested/non-competitive megathread, but I figured it would be nice to have a separate thread for Cache Refresh decks. I hope that’s ok.)

I have been really enjoying Cache Refresh deckbuilding! Here’s a couple of decks I’ve been working on. Do you have any Cache Refresh decklists you want to share, fellow Stimhackers?

These are my first attempts at making beginner-friendly Cache Refresh decks, mainly for use in encouraging my friends who aren’t addicted to Netrunner yet to try it a few more times. Any advice?

Beginner Cache Refresh HB

Haas-Bioroid: Engineering the Future (Core Set)

Agenda (8)

Asset (7)

Upgrade (2)

Operation (13)

Barrier (7)

Code Gate (7)

Sentry (5)

15 influence spent (max 15, available 0)
21 agenda points (between 20 and 21)
49 cards (min 45)
Cards up to Terminal Directive

Deck built on NetrunnerDB.

Beginner Cache Refresh Steve

Steve Cambridge: Master Grifter (Terminal Directive)

Event (20)

Hardware (3)

Resource (16)

Icebreaker (6)

45 cards (min 45)

1 Like

Not specific to Cache decks exactly but does running 7 terminal operations get a bit awkward at times? Especially if you have to keep the Preemptive Actions and Friends in hand waiting for valid targets. It just might mean you have to spread your plan over a few turns rather than being able to do it all in the one turn. I’m not sure what you can do about it as all those cards are rather key to the deck. It probably just means you have to play smarter knowing you can get into situation where you have multiple terminal cards you want to play.

Yeah, it’s occasionally a bit awkward. It helps that I usually want to play IPO as soon as I can.

I will probably try to squeeze in some Whampoa Reclamation when it comes out, and then remove the Preemptives.

Special Report does a fairly reasonable impression of Jackson for 2 inf as well. Not the best in the world, but also non-trashable.

Oh, right, I forgot about Special Report. I will have to try that.

I played this Apocalypse Steve at the Chicago tournament. Because of the bidding I only got to play him once all day, but I won the game and I was pretty proud of how the deck performed overall.

Apocalypse Steve [Cache Refresh]

Steve Cambridge: Master Grifter (Terminal Directive)

Event (20)
2x Account Siphon (Core Set)
2x Apocalypse (Data and Destiny) [color=undefined]●●●●● ●[/color]
3x Easy Mark (Core Set)
3x Inside Job (Core Set)
3x Spear Phishing (Terminal Directive)
2x Special Order (Core Set)
3x Sure Gamble (Core Set)
2x The Maker’s Eye (Core Set) [color=#32CD32]●●●●[/color]

Resource (14)
2x Aaron Marrón i[/i]
1x Aesop’s Pawnshop (Core Set) [color=#32CD32]●●[/color]
3x Armitage Codebusting (Core Set)
2x Blockade Runner i[/i]
2x Crash Space (Core Set)
1x Data Dealer (Core Set)
3x Temüjin Contract (Blood Money) [color=#4169E1]★★★[/color]

Icebreaker (9)
3x Abagnale (Terminal Directive)
3x Demara (Terminal Directive)
3x Lustig (Terminal Directive)

Program (2)
2x Sneakdoor Beta (Core Set)
45 cards (min 45)

Hilariously enough, Data Dealer was actually huge on the day. I assumed News Team would be big, but I also played a few fun games against PE with Kusanagi and getting 9 credits off of those felt great. One thing that makes the deck really interesting is planning out the apocalypse turn; knowing that your disposable breakers can bypass along with a combination of Spear Phishing and Inside Job make landing the Apocalypse easy, but the Steve trigger can also help you recur important cards like Siphon, Inside Job, Sure Gamble, Maker’s Eye etc.

All in all I had a blast playing it and found it surprisingly effective.