[Chaos Theory] The Forgotten Shaper Child

I am curious if the new additions have done much for Chaos Theory?

No, they have not.

Hyperdriver’s great with her - out of the box, you can drop Hyper + SMC. What you choose to do with it afterwards, that’s a different question entirely.

3 Likes

Pop it and click for credits for a whole turn. WEEEEEEE. Or did you not mean turn 1.

1 Like

Please we all know it’s smc into mopus click mopus 7 times. We all know CT loves the mopus

2 Likes

So, click for a credit, click for a credit, SMC for opus, Opus, Opus, Opus, Opus, Opus? Killer.

Thats 's the plan. Just dont run into all thosr killers flying around these days

After GenCon, I’ll be back to testing out Double Oracle May CT deck. It’s gotten a few cards that may be pretty good: GameDay, Comet, maybe Drive By.

But it’s more of a topic for: CT String Theory/Doubles/Oracle May (It works)

2 Likes

Here’s a Chaos Theory deck that I tried out over the weekend that I really liked. It is a bit clumsy (especially on the economy), this is the first draft version, but it is pretty fast and very aggressive and was very fun to play - it spends all of its influence on Faust and Desperado and starts running right away.

I’ve been trying to design a deck that runs on Adam’s new card “Multithreader”. I think CT is the right ID for it but even then it’s memory hungry enough to make me consider using Toolbox as my console.

First attempt:

Chaos Theory: Wünderkind (Cyber Exodus)

Event (13)
3x Diesel (Core Set)
3x Modded (Core Set)
3x Sure Gamble (Core Set)
1x Test Run (Cyber Exodus)
3x Day Job (Order and Chaos) •••

Hardware (9)
3x The Toolbox (Core Set)
3x R&D Interface (Future Proof)
3x Clone Chip (Creation and Control)

Resource (3)
3x Armitage Codebusting (Core Set)

Icebreaker (7)
2x Corroder (Core Set) ••••
1x Mimic (Core Set) •
1x Gordian Blade (Core Set)
1x ZU.13 Key Master (What Lies Ahead)
1x Creeper (Humanity’s Shadow)
1x Sharpshooter (True Colors)

Program (8)
1x Parasite (Core Set) ••
3x Self-modifying Code (Creation and Control)
1x Clot (The Valley) ••
3x Multithreader (Data and Destiny) •••

15 influence spent (maximum 15)
40 cards (min 40)
Cards up to Data and Destiny

2 Likes

I think most agree that Multithreader is going to be a great include for toolboxy shapers, but I think it’s still probably just better in Kate in the same way that ppvp is (install for -1 and use recurring credits to break even on the install costs). Unless there is a way to have a decent aggression advantage by running at 40 cards instead of 45 (or 46…) then CT is probably not the right ID for Multithreader builds. CT still seems to only fit certain builds like the Oracle May Power Nap deck or Stimshop. Otherwise, you have more slots for your shaper tools out of Kate and her install discount is insanely strong.

One thing is that 3x multithreader significantly beefs up the number of great modded targets in a deck- outside of kate. Personally I’m thinking there may be something here; any deck that can put these out quickly and have the mem for it has the potential to be oppressive :smiley:

1 Like

Bros, it outright pays for savoire faire. Wheres that Kit deck that had it…<ctrl+F>…

… also bug? (a single influence)

1 Like

6 Likes

. >:( not really

Kit probably doesn’t have inf for threader and s.faire.

Why was there a Kit deck that ran Savoir Faire? I’m totally lost here, but doesn’t Shaper basically not have a problem that Savoir Faire solves? Especially Kit?

Not seeing ANY Kit decks on netrunnerdb that use Savoir Faire, and you can almost always find some kind of house of jank deck on netrunnerdb using any two cards, except Professor + any non-program with more than 1 inf.

Maybe this:

Makes more sense out of Kate (though, might make even more sense out of Hailey now…

What does everyone think about the Chaos Theory - Bagbiter + Faust decks that are actually having a decent showing?

Rob’s Hyperbolic Time chamber-Hadrian’s wall 4th Place (54x)

Chaos Theory: Wünderkind (Cyber Exodus)

Event (16)

Hardware (3)

Resource (5)

Icebreaker (5)

Program (11)

15 influence spent (max 15)
40 cards (min 40)
Cards up to Old Hollywood

Decklist published on NetrunnerDB.

I brought this one out to a Game Night Kit yesterday and went 3-1 with it. I was surprised as hell to combo off every game! The only one I lost was against Butchershop and it was because I only scored 6 points on my glory run turn, and instead of checking a remote (with an agenda) I put out a clone chip to get my Clot back. Oops.

This is probably one of the funnest decks I’ve ever played.

I think Clot and the breaker suite doesn’t make sense : Doggy is way better than Inti as your barrier breaker and Zu is clearly superior to Gordian, considering you almost never run with this deck.

On Clot : You don’t really have way to make a run in a protected sansan server early on without ampering super hard your engine, which make the card almost dead. In place, Vamp clearly do a better job at finishing the game.