Clot (now 2 inf)

I’m actually working on another kind of Rush/FA deck out of NBN who should be able to work around clot.

It’s still an almost untested draft but I think there’s something to do with this :

Post clot NBN

Near-Earth Hub: Broadcast Center (Upstalk)

Agenda (11)

Asset (8)

Upgrade (5)

Operation (9)

Barrier (5)

Code Gate (7)

Sentry (4)

17 influence spent (max 17)
20 agenda points (between 20 and 21)
49 cards (min 45)
Cards up to Up and Over

Deck built on NetrunnerDB.

2 Likes

FWIW, I ran a 3 Architect NEHFA deck at Worlds, going 8-0. I played mostly against Criminals, and didn’t get successfully Siphon’d until I hit @Cerberus in the T16.

Thank goodness for luck and autopiloting.

7 Likes

I ran near the same deck and went 50-50 so skill is a factor; but then we ran into each other at a SC and I curved out with a turtle-fa deck; so, I can see it going both ways because I generally do regard you as a better player.

Skill will help you win those extra 50% matches that I sucked at during worlds, but the other 50 are still sometimes easier wins than they would have been if you’d been piloting a more skill-intensive decks.

There are very few other decks in the game that “Just Win” x% of the time. But to win a tournament yeah, you’re going to need the skill to leverage a win against the best of the best when the deck isn’t feeding you a win.

IQ is interesting, I was thinking of sticking to the Space Ice/ToL/Shipment plan, since it’s got 4-6 cards that can get past clot with a SanSan/Astro Token if they don’t bring it right on the install. Ash is good to have as an install on the SanSan that can get them to pull a clot without losing an agenda. Targeted Marketing is a neat idea too. I’m more tempted to run Marketing in a deck with more Data Ravens and shadow/Psychographics. NAPD should provide plenty of clot counterplay on its own as well.

1 Like

Yeah, my issue was mostly being able to score the astro in the first place then trying to make a 3 points beale passing as an NAPD.
I don’t think NBN is dead like a lot of people here is thinking (even though astrobiotic is pretty much as dead as disco), we just need to find a way to leverage on shaper using their SMC/Clone Chip on clot instead on their breakers. And Ash/Taxing remote is a good way for this I think :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I am looking forward to nbn becoming the tag storm corporation most of their cards support. Nbn fa has always bored me and never enticed me to play yellow, but tag punishment is the single most neglected part of the corporation game in netrunner, IMHO, despite so many cards to support it.

1 Like

Yeah, Beale will be a significantly more important Agenda in the future, as will making strong plays with Breaking News from a remote. Freelancer/Closed Accts etc will become standard fare to keep the Ash/Napd open for scoring in the following turns. Virus Suite will probably see play as well, since even baiting a clot then the runner hitting CVS out of HQ can be a big window, and being able to clear Imps can be great in winning econ wars.

2 Likes

That is kind.

1 Like

It’s not like there’s a massive amount of tournament data to back up anyone’s claims or anything. :wink:

Why not at least 1 Cyberdex Suite? It’s pretty good on its own, and could allow for a FA play. I guess cut a Marked or a SanSan for it.

Because NBN sucks at defending the Dex Suite and also because it’s a dead card against Criminal.I’ll rather make a deck who can score in a remote but can still fast-advance than trying to Fast-ad at all cost in a meta with clot.

1 Like

To continue on from what Calimsha said, Cyberdex is much better IMO out of HB rushy/FA decks than NEH, for the simple reason that you can create a scoring remote (and protect it) better than NEH.

If the runner pays to run your remote and trashes CVS, go ahead and use that chance to NA out an agenda in the remote. If they don’t, then you can try FA out an agenda, secure in the fact that your CVS is already on the table. Also, this may not be a huge thing, but I feel it’s worth noting…CVS will always get you your EtF fun buck, but unless you’re just trying to shell game it out there, you’re always going to be installing into an already created server, so you don’t get your NEH draw.

2 Likes

It’s also worth pointing out that HBFA has access to both Architect and Archived Memories in faction. Cyberdex is going to fire multiple times. NEH simply can’t afford the influence for Archived Memories, nor the deck space to fit in a couple of Interns.

1 Like

Never thought I’d see the day.

12 Likes
2 Likes

This is proof FFG knew exactly what they were doing right?

17 inf is perfectly balanced!

6 Likes

Put cyberdex in one of the centrals? Atleast they must spend some clicks and credits to remove it.

16 ices with no DBS seems very low…

Is PE dead? Oh noes!

1 Like