Come Cube Draft Against Us: Daily Draft! (Now on deckbuilding, like the best decks or make your own)

OK, i found the subject so appealing I decided to create an account just to answer. No experience in Netrunner draft, by the way.

Eli I don’t like : in this format I’d rather have an ice they have to get a breaker for, because they may have only inefficient breakers. I’m not sure about Draco, as I wonder if tags will be frightening enough. It’s very unlikely someone will be able to scorch you twice. Therefore, I would go with Adonis.

On the runner side : it’s Mr Li or Test Run for me, it will be pretty important to find out the few jewels in the ocean of crap we’re going to call a deck :stuck_out_tongue:. Mr Li is more versatile I think, so I would take him.

2 Likes

The thing with RDI is that you only need half support in order for it to be a useful card. It maximizes the runs you are able to make.

Clone Retirement & Mr. Li. An agenda you can score out of hand is even better in a six-points-to-win environment, and Mr. Li lends consistency to a fairly random deck. Hopefully another interface will roll by later, or maybe a Maker’s Eye.

I agree with Clone Retirement simply for being a 2/1. The fact that it could scrub a BP is also good, and it truly opens up some options in this draft for taking things like Grim or perhaps a Hostile Takeover if it comes. Easy points is easy points.

Also, Mimic is a great runner pick because its efficient and cheap. 'Nuff Said.

Let’s start with the runner pack. I feel like Mr. Li and Test Run are both bad choices for 2 reasons

1. We are running a 30 card deck. You are going to see a lot of your deck without tutoring or filtering.

2. If you use your early picks for good tutors/draw then your later picks are for scrap programs/hardware. Then you end up playing your tutors/draw to find your crap. It’s better to fill your deck with as much good stuff first.

Out of the remaining cards I feel that the two I want most are RDI and Mimic. Mimic is great against a lot of low cost sentries. However, we already have Pipeline who can handle Shadow, Roto, and an unboosted Draco just as good (But suck against Katana & Caduceus). We are definitely going to pick up at least one more sentry breaker but RDI is too good to pass up. This is because stopping ice tends to be a little rarer in drafts and lots of random taxing ice get placed on R&D. RDI lets you still get value out of those taxing runs and forces the corp to place their ETR on a central instead of remotes. For these reasons I vote RDI

Now for the corp pack. I feel like it has to be Eli. A single Eli on R&D is going to really irritate the runner. There is very few good ways to deal with Eli in constructed formats. If the runner wants to spend 3 out of 4 clicks on their turn to see a single card be my guest. Adonis is a really good economy card but if you stock yourself with lots of cheap efficient ice you don’t need as much economy. Plus, we also have Private Contracts already to help us out. Having a 2/1 agenda is good too but Eli is such a great ice it can’t be passed up. I’m actually really curious what card was taken from this pack last round. Ice wall? Hedge? Astro? Snare? What order are these packs going? Is this from Hollis or Alexfrog? Is there even a real draft going on or is this whole thing an elaborate troll?

1 Like

The order is the order I listed at the top, passing left (1 → 2) with the Corp and right with the Runner (2 —> 1).

For reference again the player lineup is:

1. @Alexfrog
  2. @kordan11
  3. @Orange_Devil
  4. @Genestealers
  5. @hollis
  6. All of you working together.

This means that Hollis is the player who passed this Corp pack to you guys (and as a hint I think he definitely made the right pick).

That’s fair. RDI is definitely strong, I’m just not too sure about our breaker situation.

In a 6-points to win scenario with the principal agenda being PriRec, I’m not seeing the utility of Clone Retirement unless we think we’re going to be picking up a bunch of replacement agendas. I definitely want Eli.

1 Like

Ya I agree with this. Probably best to hold off on agendas for awhile. If we take Clone Retirement then it forces us to draft more agendas in the future instead of keeping our options open.

Clone Retirement strikes me as more downside than upside in this format. In fact, I think the only agenda that I would really want to draft is Beale.

Astroscript ;). Always Be Astroing.

Interesting. In general I draft any 3/2 very highly personally.

2 Likes

Why? They seem to offer limited advantage in the format. Am I missing something?

Being able to lay something down behind an ice, or even a naked remote, and then advance it 3 times next turn and score it for 2 points is great.

Results of Day Two

The votes for day two are in. While it was much closer this time with some close competition from Adonis Campaign, Eli 1.0 was a convincing winner with 48% of the total vote for the Corp.

On the runner side R&D Interface took 49% of the vote with other contenders being Mr.Li, Keyhole, and Test Run.

On to the next picks.

Corporation Pack 1 Pick 3 (8 cards)

Vote For The Third Corp Pick Here:
http://www.instant.ly/s/pPeyU

Current Corp Cards

• 1x Eli 1.0
  • 1x Enigma
  • 2x Private Contracts
  • 5x Priority Requisition

Runner Pack 1 Pick 2 (9 cards)

Vote For The First Runner Pick Here:
http://www.instant.ly/s/GcgJ4

Current Runner Cards

• 1x R&D Interface
  • 2x Armitage Codebusting
  • *1x Aurora *
  • 1x Pipeline
  • 1x Force of Nature

For corp, NEXT Bronze, followed by Beanstalk

For runner, Magnum Opus or Forged Activation Orders. If you are not very aggressive, FAO is the right choice, otherwise MO. Reasoning is that you can use FAO to manipulate corp’s credit pool then run elsewhere, but this is useless if you’ve run earlier and ice has already been rezzed.

So NEXT Bronze and Magnum Opus

edit: didn’t see we’ve already drafted Enigma. Hmm…

Himitsu-Bako no question-- cheap early game ICE that crushes Aurora.

I believe that all of your choice of R&D interface was definitely correct. Eli was one of several good picks.

Enjoy your Opus! I took a certain card over it! A mysterious card, shrouded in mystery. :smile:

1 Like

20 creds says it’s Account Siphon.

Account Siphon isn’t in the cube. Give me your 20 creds please.

My picks are Beanstalk and Magnum Opus.

1 Like