Community-made Comprehensive Judging Guide

I’ll also toss my hat into the ring. I’ve been the TO at about a dozen GNK tournaments at my FLGS and have at least assisted as TO on two Store Championships.

I am interested. TO for 2 Regionals, 2 SCs, and at least a dozen GNKs here in Portland, OR. I also run the PDX Netrunner Facebook Group.

I’m in charge of the organized play for Netrunner in Italy and as such I’m also the TO for the major events (Regionals, National, special events…).

Frankly speaking, I’m not sure this whole thing is a good idea.
Mostly because it’s already complicated enough to have people follow the FAQs (and thank god we don’t have an errata and banned list, or absurd rulings like AGoT…), and I don’t know how many would really get to a tournament knowing another extra set of rules. Having an extra unofficial set of rules might create new problems on its own.

This being said, I’m of course interested in being part of the discussion.

I believe the idea is that this document will be targeted to TO’s rather than players, and is intended as a guide on how rulings should be judged when the situation arises, basically as a means of standardising TO rulings aso there is a consistency across organized play. I dont think a player would ever really have to read it, unless they wanted to.

Edit: also, one of the people running the UK nationals, NetrunningYork (his forum handle on netrunners.co.uk) answers most of the questions we have in the rulings thread on said forum. I havent yet spoken to anyone who understands the nuances of the game and card interactions as well as he does. If he hasnt already added to this thead, you should definitely try and get him involved.

2 Likes

Mind PMing him for me?

1 Like

Sure thing

I’m interested. TO for regular monthly GNKs and the Cologne SC.

I’m interested, so far only have one GNK under my belt (Spring Geequinox @ Halifax Forum), but as of last month I will be TO’ing for two stores in the future.

I’ll join. 2 store champs and dozens of game night kits. A few drafts even

Count me in, I’ve regularly answered rule questions for Netrunner GNKs.

TO’d a 20-person SC this most recent season. Hopefully going to be TO-ing some smaller tournaments and GNKs in the future as well.

I’ve TO’d many GNKs and two successful Store Championships and would love to help out however I can.

I’d like to participate. I’ve TO’d for one SC and tons of GNK events, which many more to come. I also organized Magic events years ago.

Count me in, I don’t need to start listing my credentials lol.

3 Likes

I’m interested in helping out, ran several GNKs missed out on the SC season as the store that signed up went out of business. Been playing for about a year and I’m always the one the local meta asks for rulings.

I’d be interested in this as well. I T.O.'d a SC last year as well as this year with @hypomodern. Also a few GNK’s.

I think when you say “the rules” here you mean the floor rules, but as long as we’re having this conversation can we talk about the rules rules as well? The current situation (fast but unsatisfying answers via twitter or slow but potentially satisfying answers via the FF website) is not ideal. It’s easy to say “things should be better” without worrying about the logistics or the burden on FF, but I think there is room for improvement with not a lot of effort. I’m thinking something like once a week/month ANCUR send a questions email to Lukas and that he can answer quickly (because it’s only things that are legitimately unclear and not random asking a question that’s right there in the FAQ) and completely (because he won’t have to explain himself in 140 characters).

I think that refining the game rules should be a different discussion entirely. Lukas is pretty much final say on this matter, and I don’t think we should recommend that TOs ever change those rules. I think that ANCUR is a great project and anything to do with the game rules should probably be worked on through that avenue. The Floor Rules could, however, recommend actions for when an in game rule is in dispute and no one can find a pertinent ruling that has yet been made.

4 Likes

I wasn’t talking about refining the game rules, only about being able to get answers to rules questions. I think if you’re trying to create some organization that interfaces with FF then it would make sense to piggyback other things on top of it. But if you’d rather keep it as a separate discussion then that’s fine too.

1 Like

TOd a Regional, Chronos, and pretty much every tournament in FFG games that ever took place here. 20 years of TO experience otherwise.