[Completed] OFFICIAL Stimhack OCTGN League #1

Matt Zeilinger would charge about $200-300.

1 Like

It shall be done. The winner will get a special forum badge signifying them as the winner.

Additionally the prize pool will contain my Plugged in Tour Netrunner bag and an alt art NBN from the most excellent @Argamas.

9 Likes

Now to just convince the FFG folks to actually use that fancy print-on-demand facility of theirsā€¦ I suspect the people here would gladly split the bill :stuck_out_tongue:

If youā€™re interested, I can donate a bunch of alt art Adonises and a couple Katis, as well.

8 Likes

Definitely interested.

2 Likes

Ah, SHEE-it. I jump on, all ready to rockā€¦

1 Like

Also, FWIW, Iā€™m giving a prize to whomever finishes in dead last (min. 8 games played).

7 Likes

Really glad you did this, @Nordrunner. Iā€™ll echo the idea of a longer league (which we have already extended to 2 months) and also of some sort of playoffs at the end. I could help run that aspect at the end if youā€™d like.

@Shobalk, is there any way to reduce K-factor after, say, 30 games or so?

Hey look friends - I made an account here
ill brush up on my OCTGN before the 20th but I have had a good teacher so far

6 Likes

Nice! That was even better than I was expecting. Now itā€™s getting serious. :stuck_out_tongue:

Iā€™ll chip in a set of Scorched Earth alt arts for either last place (the ā€œscorched earth prizeā€) or to the player that flatlines the most of us :); whichever weā€™d prefer.

6 Likes

I was looking at the website; it looks like there is no way to change the k-value at all.

Donā€™t worry, Iā€™ll most likely be at Worlds so shipping shouldnā€™t be too much of a hassle!

1 Like

Ah, thereā€™s a lot of generosity already flowing around the forum and I canā€™t help myselfā€¦ Iā€™ll chip in a playset of alt-art Corporate Troubleshooters to the prize pool. :smile:

8 Likes

Shitā€™s getting epic.

3 Likes

I would strongly prefer it if there werenā€™t prizes that skew the objectives of play (like, valuing flatline wins over agenda wins).

3 Likes

Iā€™ll send you my adress :wink:

Great to get the opportunity to play against great players and have fun with all you guys!

Given the number of players who feel they have a legitmate shot at spagsā€™ prize, there may need to be a bottom cut at the end. Sorry, you folks in the middle; you were too average to continue into the post-season.

BTWā€“sorry to disappoint you, but all yā€™allā€™s chances to win this were gone the minute I signed up for the league. :wink:

1 Like

Any interest in automatically logging deck lists? I could work with db0 to set this up so they post to Meteor automatically.

Would be interesting to see some stats analysis afterwards in more fine-grained detail than the typical faction-only OCTGN data, and for matches that are more competitive than average.

5 Likes

Joined, ready to rock!

Seems like a legit concern :). Iā€™ll just chip them in to the overall prize pool then: distribution TBD.

1 Like