[Completed] OFFICIAL Stimhack OCTGN League #1

Mine are still going to last.

Iā€™d agree to not have specific achievements or prizes towards specific win conditions. Booby prizes are great, though!

Remember the reason we wanted this league? To be able to get a sense of who was in the group of Tier 1 players, not just theoretical decks. I definitely want this to be a ā€œfunā€ league, but also competitive where people can experience high level competition, whatever their rankingā€¦

3 Likes

I heartily agree with giving something to the last placeā€¦ not only because that will probably be me :wink:

Yup. It will be fun. The resultsā€¦ whatever. Some people will only play their Andy/NBN dex, Iā€™m sure, and they will prob. win. Iā€™ll drop whatever suits my fancy.

4 Likes

Me too, though Andy / NBN is on that list of fun stuff for me :P. Expect to see random Anarchs and B-Team Criminals up ins, though, and some Big Ws and B-list Jintekehs.

1 Like

Expect surprise Shinobis, in every faction :smiley:

2 Likes

Count me among the people who want a longer league - maybe 2, 3, or 4 months? I certainly donā€™t expect to start getting impatient for it to end or anything, while if it were only 1 month Iā€™d feel pressure to get ā€œenoughā€ games in.

Anyone allowed to participate?
I live in Brazil and we have a very small meta here, the only tournaments we have are sponsored by players (Iā€™m one of them) and I do fairly well around here, of course, most of the players are casual and donā€™t spend much time reading about the game as I do. So, Iā€™d like to see how well I would do against skilled players. So, the question is, are international players allowed?

Yes, anyone is allowed to join.

2 Likes

I resent (resemble?) that comment!

No but really, I intend to use the league to try out some new stuff, I mean, why not right?

We have a ton of people really being awesome and stepping forward to offer additional prize support. As we near the start of the league I will post up details on the badass level of support the community is bringing.

9 Likes

Still a few days left to get used to OCTGN - Iā€™d better hurry.

2 Likes

i signed up just to play in the league! iā€™ve been playing netrunner for a few months and have been to a regional and an sc, so i feel iā€™ve got the hang of the game and just need to practice more. i havent played on OCTGN yet so i gave a few days to get familiar with the UI before it starts. really looking forward to playing more netrunner! (:

2 Likes

I finally actually joined the challengeboard ;).

Joined as well, looking forward to play all of you.

Got one question though, how will we find opponents? I participated in 2 BGG leagues, but just starting a league game often didnā€™t seem to draw much attention, so I eventually went for normal games.

Someone mentioned having a thread for scheduling games. @SneakySly, can we use this thread for scheduling games?

I will make a separate thread specifically for scheduling league games once the league begins.

4 Likes

Did we ever get an official ruling on a Round Robin cut at the end of this thing?

Iā€™m in. Havenā€™t done any leagues or tourneys yet. Looking forward to it.

wow, 66 people are in, impressive!

I hope we manage to document everything well, so we can learn from it.

1 Like