[Completed] OFFICIAL Stimhack OCTGN League #1

Yes, I think this is a good idea. Something will be sorted out along these lines.

4 Likes

I think Round Robin for top 8 makes sense

1 Like

I’m in. Leagues like this are where, historically, I’ve managed to level up my play/decks. Looking forward to the longer league!

1 Like

Looks like I’ve joined Stimhack right on time!

I’ve been playing on OCTGN for a pretty decent while now and I’ve also played a little in this kind of OCTGN setup League, but that did not turn out so great because I could not find any games for me when I could find the time to play. I really hope that here it will be more easier to arrange games with other members and I am looking forward to meeting all the good people of this community.

I don’t mind guiding someone into OCTGN if they are in such a need via skypecall or something.

This reminds me that I’m totally down to Skype while playing. I’m @johnmeindersee on there - fyi

I just signed up. Still 4 days before it starts!

Sort of a silly question, but how did you guys with custom avatar pictures, get that set up on the challenge board site?

Sniff…Snifff… I smell burnt hair and flesh…oh, it’s my runner backside!
I’m in, let the scorching begin. :smiley:

Same question here…

You have to set it up with http://en.gravatar.com/

I believe you can there select what kind of image shows up on the sites where you use a specific e-mail as login… if you can’t find how that works, I can try and go over the whole process myself to make a detailed description, but I think it kind of intuitively worked out on my first try so you should be fine to find a way for it to work as well.

4 Likes

Just registered. But my OCTGN name and Challengeboards/Stimhack are totally unrelated (saw the name thing too late). Is there anyway I can change them?

you can make a new account for the one that doesn’t match

Just clarifying one point: if I play a game (ie. 2 matches, one for each side) and I lose one and win the other. Do I need to report a tie or 1 win and 1 loss?

What does it mean that a card is “rezzed” on OCTGN?

1 Like

Each game is counted and reported separately so there can only be a WIN/LOSE and there cannot be a TIE.

Only the winner is able to report the game in the system and so for the games you win, you must remember to do this. For the games you lose - you will get a notification in e-mail to VERIFY or DENY the match, but if ignored it will auto-verify in 36h, still you should VERIFY your lost games asap so the rankings adjust sooner than later.

2 Likes

It means if @db0 has updated the ANR plugin to support cards, then they are available for play. EX: Upstalk has been rezzed/available for play on OCTGN for a few weeks.

4 Likes

So, we need to contact people directly right? By the way, does the system have an anti-inactivity system to prevent the top ratings from just sitting their?

no point in such system. just grind your rating higher than theirs. also ure allowed to go on holidays during the league, right? :smile:

1 Like

@Roz I understand your concern, but If Stimhack have do that, we can write a book with all kind of “what if”-scenario’s. Let’s assume people join because they want to play, not act like it’s world politics.

Isn’t this league about fun, playing good / better players and getting to know new people.

2 Likes

And the league is now live. :smile:

Good luck to everyone!

6 Likes

Hey, don’t know if this thread is the place for mini-summaries (AAR’s), but just a quick comment. Played my first game of the league as RP, got a bad start (two stolen Nisei’s) but then won about 10 psi games on accessed Future Perfects. I had the game at win next turn, runner on last click accesses my archives (containing two FP’s) AND I HIT F3 SECONDS BEFORE I REALIZED I COULD HAVE STOPPED HIM WITH A NISEI COUNTER!!!

So anyway, could have won, but should have lost (on any of the 10 FP psi-games). Justice can be harsh sometimes.
:slight_smile:

6 Likes

Let the games begin!!! Plenty of games already played. I love the idea of using this forum to discuss all things league (with the exception of scheduling matches).

109 participants at the time of this post, That’s remarkable! Good luck to all of you, and feel free to contact me with any questions or problems.

2 Likes